Ubisoft Reinstating Fraudulent Far Cry 4 and Assassin's Creed Unity Keys For Customers Already Playing

First of , i was on of the people who had no choice but to buy it from G2A since that's the only site that accepted my Debit Card, and lost my Assassin's Creed Unity Season Pass , was bummed to find out i was also the one who got affected along with FC 4 keys , all i can say is, Good game Ubisoft.

In January,  Removed fraudulent Far Cry 4 keys. Ubisoft had discovered that the keys were bought with a stolen credit card and decided to deactivate all of them.

Ubisoft has continued to investigate the matter and has amended its decision. “After further investigation into the matter of keys that were fraudulently purchased on EA's Origin store, we are reinstating keys for consumers who already had successfully activated and started playing the games,” a representative told us via email. “Any remaining fraudulently obtained and resold keys have been deactivated.”

The publisher says it will continue to deactivate fraudulently purchased keys in the future. “We are working with EA to prevent situations like this from happening again, and we will continue to deactivate keys that are found to be fraudulently obtained and resold,” we have been told. “We strongly recommend that players purchase keys and downloadable games only from the Uplay shop or trusted retailers.”

Retailers Kinguin and G2A both issued statements on the matter in January when their customers reported that keys purchased from the sites were made inactive.

far_cry_42.jpg

Source : http://www.vg247.com/2015/02/02/far-cry-4-keys-reactived/

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

While they didn't have to do that, it's very nice of them to.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Good job, Ubisoft.

And this is why I never buy through g2a. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

While they didn't have to do that, it's very nice of them to.

Actually I think they did have to, not just morally but in good practice. 

And this is why I never buy through g2a. 

Some games this won't happen to, in particular the older ones. Things like old COD's they don't care enough and steam always has them overpriced. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

Took them long enough to figure out how to put dirt back in the hole.....

Oh wait, your supposed to scoop the dirt from the pile behind me instead of taking it from the hole?

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

Some games this won't happen to, in particular the older ones. Things like old COD's they don't care enough and steam always has them overpriced. 

But I don't really care for the old CoD's, not really my cup of tea anymore. Sure G2A is 99% of the time fine but it's just the occasional game that this happens to.

Rebellion had a similar thing, being that they revoked stolen keys of sniper elite 3. I'd rather not risk it for that 1% just to get a better deal.

It also somewhat hurts the game devs as often G2A's games are bought from regions in which games are cheaper, sure you can't prove that the consumer would have bought the game for the full price on somewhere like steam but still. 

Anyways most of my games are bought either through humblebundle bundles,  hb store or on steam when the sales are on. 

sorta contradicted myself by saying "somewhat hurts the game devs" then " most of my games are bought when steam sales are on"

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Well this is awfully nice of them although I feel it wasn't their responsibility to do so. Still, good on them.

“Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes. working jobs we hate, so we can buy shit we dont need.”- Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

"Oh, beauty is a beguiling call to death and I'm addicted to the sweet pitch of its siren."- Johnny Quid

"Without our imaginations, we'd be like all those other poor... dullards."- Dr. Hannibal Lecter

Actually I think they did have to, not just morally but in good practice. 

No, they did not have to. They're basically giving out free games because people QQed when they bought stolen goods and it was taken from them. Which country allows you to keep stolen goods? Not the US, nor Australia or any EU country.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

Are they now turning over a new leaf?

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

No, they did not have to. They're basically giving out free games because people QQed when they bought stolen goods and it was taken from them. Which country allows you to keep stolen goods? Not the US, nor Australia or any EU country.

The customer(s) wasn't aware of the stolen goods but keep blindly following TB if you have too.

CPU: i7 5820k @4.4GHz | MoboMSI MPower X99A | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Quad Channel Corsair LP | GPU: EVGA 1080 FTW Case: Define R5 Black Window | OS: Win 10 Pro

Storage: SanDisk Ultra II 960GB 2x WD Red 4TB | PSU: EVGA 750W G2 | Display:Acer XF270HU + Dell U2515H | Cooling: Phanteks PH-TC14PE

Keyboard: Ducky One  TKL Browns | Mouse: Steel Series Rival 300 | Sound: DT990s

Are they now turning over a new leaf?

irony , ubisoft Montreal is in Canada and their flag is

leaf_flag_1200x600_wm-1024x512.jpg

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Basically this,

The customer(s) wasn't aware of the stolen goods but keep blindly following TB if you have too.

I think Ubisoft would be much better off going after sites like G2A to stop this from happening rather than revoking keys and angering gamers. 

It kinda like counterfeit money, you could have it unknowingly in your pocket doesn't make it a illegal tender, but until someone checks for all intensive purposes it is legal and accepted. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

It kinda like counterfeit money, you could have it unknowingly in your pocket doesn't make it a illegal tender, but until someone checks for all intensive purposes it is legal and accepted.

Except the bank already verified it's legit and later decided it was il gained.

CPU: i7 5820k @4.4GHz | MoboMSI MPower X99A | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Quad Channel Corsair LP | GPU: EVGA 1080 FTW Case: Define R5 Black Window | OS: Win 10 Pro

Storage: SanDisk Ultra II 960GB 2x WD Red 4TB | PSU: EVGA 750W G2 | Display:Acer XF270HU + Dell U2515H | Cooling: Phanteks PH-TC14PE

Keyboard: Ducky One  TKL Browns | Mouse: Steel Series Rival 300 | Sound: DT990s

Oh good for them. They aren't completely braindead.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

I'm not too happy about Ubisoft's decision. It was G2A who messed up by purchasing stolen keys from some shady Russian and it should be G2A who foots the bill for the customers that got ripped off. Ubisoft should not be protecting unauthorized sellers like this.

I'm not too happy about Ubisoft's decision. It was G2A who messed up by purchasing stolen keys from some shady Russian and it should be G2A who foots the bill for the customers that got ripped off. Ubisoft should not be protecting unauthorized sellers like this.

I...umm...what? 

Ubisoft is doing something they have ZERO obligation to do in keeping these keys valid. Keys that were purchased through credit card fraud (for the most part). An act that is somewhat ILLEGAL to a lot of people, including the banks and financial regulatory agencies. 

Ubisoft is protecting who? Ubisoft has stated they'll keep banning shady keys. G2A et al should be more careful and people should research a little more. Now we know, Ubisoft doesn't give a shit. They'll ban illicit keys ASAP. 

they are not , the keys are reinstating for only those who already have uptil now , any more that will be activated from now on is still revoked

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

Whether or not the codes were bought with stolen money,

Ubisoft still gets that money, so how are the codes stolen? ill gotten goods yes, but not stolen goods.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Ubisoft still gets that money, so how are the codes stolen? ill gotten goods yes, but not stolen goods.

because the codes were obtained by method of credit card fraud, thus the codes are stolen goods. thats how it works. and no ubisoft doesn't get the money.

because the codes were obtained by method of credit card fraud, thus the codes are stolen goods. thats how it works. and no ubisoft doesn't get the money.

i don't understand, even if they bought codes from EA, and EA had to buy it from Ubisoft , then they got the money didn't they ?

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

i don't understand, even if they bought codes from EA, and EA had to buy it from Ubisoft , then they got the money didn't they ?

Im not entirely sure how it works with EA whether they buy code bulk and resell or simply have an agreement with ubisoft and its like a storefront but uses the same stockroom as ubisoft.

but either way the codes are still stolen, just stolen from EA and not Ubisoft in which case ubisoft being the people who are capable of removing those stolen good being the ones who disable them.

Don't buy from key resellers.

Greenmangaming is an exception though.  They're legit.

Often times, people will buy keys in cheaper regions and then resell them for the full $60 price.  They'll spend $20 buying the game in Brazil or whatever, then sell the key for $60 to someone in NA.  Ubisoft barely sees anything.

Or they'll take the keys from boxed copies. (Either buy them cheap and profit that way, or steal the key out of the box.)

Transactions are often reversed when stolen credit cards are used to buy things.

Ubisoft likely had to pay money back for those keys.

This is factually wrong.

If you didn't realize a bill was counterfeit, the bank won't give you a replacement.  It's not legal tender, but you might luck out and cashier at 7-11 doesn't look close enough. (His boss is still out whatever numeration is on the bill though.)

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti