AMD CEO Confrims New Graphics Cards Will Launch in The Second Quarter 2015

Lisa Su, AMD's President and CEO confirmed in the company's last earnings conference call that the company has "very good products" coming for the AIB / graphics channel starting in Q2 2015.

Radeon-R9-390-concept-475x356.jpg

Some of the new GPUs have been leaked numerous times before and these include Fiji XT with 4096 GCN cores, a 4096bit wide-io memory interface and 4GB of stacked HBM.
Another leaked GPU is code named Trinidad and will replace the R9 270 series. Leaked benchmarks of Trinidad put its performance at the level of an R9 280X.

And then relative, you know, from Q1 to Q2, I think the largest improvement will be around the channel health.

Think on the computing and graphics business, we can improve our execution and there is a lot of focus, at least from my standpoint, to ensure that our 2015 product launches are quite strong. So that’s important for us to really stabilize that business, and that will certainly be key to our second half performance.

I think from where I see it going forward, we are very focused on correcting the channel and normalizing that business. I think we have some good products that are coming out for it. So I do see opportunities for a return to a more healthy channel business going forward.

In 2015 we have some very good products in the pipeline, we’ll talk more about them as we go through the year. I absolutely view it as a share gain opportunity over that period of time.

Here's the full article.

Well if this is true, it seems it will beat the 980 with many %..

But idk how that 1 ghz mem clock will affect, lol

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

That is one ugly blower. They had to put the radeon logo and grill over the blower didn't they? 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

That is one ugly blower. They had to put the radeon logo and grill over the blower didn't they? 

I believe it's going to have an AIO attached to it. Like the R9 295X2

This is cool! I hope they make a dent on Nvidia. I wonder how the R9 380X will fare against the GTX 970.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

I actually quite like it, it looks better than any of their other reference cards (Other than the 295X2)

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

AMD is lagging! :P

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Yay! It's nice to have a more concrete time frame 

Good to have them be very competitive!

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

Well if this is true, it seems it will beat the 980 with many %..

But idk how that 1 ghz mem clock will affect, lol

If the rumors hold true, there will be the Titan 2 on the market by then which should kick ass. Price is another question however. ;)

who cares...

Can we get a new CPU and not a friggin APU at some point? That way I can switch away from feminazi supporting Intel?

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I actually quite like it, it looks better than any of their other reference cards (Other than the 295X2)

It's only the grill that doesn't tickle the fancy. Maybe it will help with dust buildup but i doubt it will get that dusty anyway. 

This is cool! I hope they make a dent on Nvidia. I wonder how the R9 380X will fare against the GTX 970.

I know it's and AIO but the fan grill looks pretty nsty. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Can we get a new CPU and not a friggin APU at some point? That way I can switch away from feminazi supporting Intel?

Have you not heard of Zen that is coming in 2016? It's supposedly going to help AMD's CPU department, but we'll see how that fares.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

It's only the grill that doesn't tickle the fancy. Maybe it will help with dust buildup but i doubt it will get that dusty anyway. 

I know it's and AIO but the fan grill looks pretty nsty. 

It's going to be facing down anyways, so you won't see it that much.

It's going to be facing down anyways, so you won't see it that much.

Point taken. 

Have you not heard of Zen that is coming in 2016? It's supposedly going to help AMD's CPU department, but we'll see how that fares.

I have. I'm just saying "CPU, not APU" lol.

'

No more budget hardware please. Along with motherboards with up to date technology like m.2 and pci-e 3.0 (AND NO I DON'T CARE IF 3.0 MAKES NO DIFFERENCE)

Caps not aimed at you, aimed at whoever comes back with "but pci-e 3.0 doesn't make any difference".

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

WAT ?!?!?!

this last q4 2014 wast very bad for amd with huge huge losses.and now they confirm that nothing new will come in q1 2015. i don`t think they can recover from this

I have. I'm just saying "CPU, not APU" lol.

'

No more budget hardware please. Along with motherboards with up to date technology like m.2 and pci-e 3.0 (AND NO I DON'T CARE IF 3.0 MAKES NO DIFFERENCE)

Caps not aimed at you, aimed at whoever comes back with "but pci-e 3.0 doesn't make any difference".

But PCI-E 3.0 doesn't make any difference. /S

WAT ?!?!?!

this last q4 2014 wast very bad for amd with huge huge losses.and now they confirm that nothing new will come in q1 2015. i don`t think they can recover from this

Their "losses" are from dumping a bucket load of money on R&D on both these Pirate Island GPUs and Zen coming in 2016.

its more like they are crashing interms of profits etc as they do in games 

say something new about them :P

Haha, true! But I don't wanna start a NVIDIA vs AMD flame war. ;)

That cooler surely isn't the real one. Those holes on the top the heatshroud are useless, probably because this is a phtoshoped R9 295X2...

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

Their "losses" are from dumping a bucket load of money on R&D on both these Pirate Island GPUs and Zen coming in 2016.

no,nothing like that. read here the 3 large reasons for the loss

however my point is: their revenue(from sales) dropped 13% from q3 to q4 2014 . it will drop again in q1 . they have nothing new out 

Having to put an AIO on a reference card because it gets too hot isn't a good thing.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

Haha, true! But I don't wanna start a NVIDIA vs AMD flame war. ;)

That's how they start.

Having to put an AIO on a reference card because it gets too hot isn't a good thing.

We don't know the TDP of the card yet, it could be that they're trying to avoid the horrid stock cooler problems of the Hawaii series. But I have a feeling that the TDP will go slightly lower, looking at Tonga, or stay the same, looking at those 4096 cores.

That's how they start.

I know, hence the reason I'm saying no more about it. ;)