Its here. Steam Winter Sale Now Live

WHERE IS HALF LIFE 3?!

"Instinct or Rationality; Which will you choose? Enchanted by a superiority complex"

"what you do in spite of internet speed is inspiring. :3" From Cae - 2015

I've already bought Sniper Elite 3, Dark Souls 2, Rome 2, FSX and it just started... No GabeN! Nooooooooooo

SimRacer - Casual FSX Pilot!

Spoiler

Mobo: MSI B550 Tomahawk | CPU: Ryzen R5 3600 | GPU: Vega 64 Sapphire Nitro | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200Mhz | PSU: EVGA P2 1000W 80Plus Platinum | Storage: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD - 1TB WD Black - 2TB Seagate HDD | Cooling: Dark Rock Pro 3, Noiseblocker eLoop Fans | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Audio: Sennheiser HD598 - JBL LSR305s | Display: BenQ EX3501R, Asus VG278H

Spoiler

I just picked up Tomb Raider, Max Payne 2, MGR and Euro Truck Sim 

I'm contemplating Dark Soul II, but I haven't played the first one, and reviews make it sound like I'll get wrecked. Should I?

Do you like getting rekt several times and breaking several peripherals? If yes, get it!

SimRacer - Casual FSX Pilot!

Spoiler

Mobo: MSI B550 Tomahawk | CPU: Ryzen R5 3600 | GPU: Vega 64 Sapphire Nitro | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200Mhz | PSU: EVGA P2 1000W 80Plus Platinum | Storage: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD - 1TB WD Black - 2TB Seagate HDD | Cooling: Dark Rock Pro 3, Noiseblocker eLoop Fans | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Audio: Sennheiser HD598 - JBL LSR305s | Display: BenQ EX3501R, Asus VG278H

Spoiler

It should also be noted that every sale that I have seen in the last 3 years or so has had every game that was on sale at a random time, put on sale again in the last day or so of the sale and usually at cheaper than the previous sale.

So it's a gamble but just a though to pass along

It should also be noted that every sale that I have seen in the last 3 years or so has had every game that was on sale at a random time, put on sale again in the last day or so of the sale and usually at cheaper than the previous sale.

So it's a gamble but just a though to pass along

You're only supposed to buy flash sales and community deals....daily deals if it's like 80% off, otherwise you wait. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

If something is currently on a Daily Deal does that mean it won't get a bigger discount? (Or is unlikely to?)

Styx: Master of Shadows is on a Daily Deal @ 50%, wondering if I should get it now or wait.

I picked up Metal Gear Solid 5. Going to play it later and see how well it looks in 4k. I've waited for this game for a while. I honestly didn't even know it was out yet. Getting it for a steal was the best. 

Couldn't hold myself and bought Metal Gear, holy balls  that is one excellent port, it runs and look perfect!(I already own Dark Souls 2)

I picked up Metal Gear Solid 5. Going to play it later and see how well it looks in 4k. I've waited for this game for a while. I honestly didn't even know it was out yet. Getting it for a steal was the best. 

I picked up MGS from Green Man Gaming and used the 20% off coupon and got it for $10.

Only "played" for about a half hour and I put quotation marks because I spent most of that time admiring the graphics and how smooth it is.

It looks beautiful in 1440p, but 4K....I can only imagine.  :unsure:

“Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes. working jobs we hate, so we can buy shit we dont need.”- Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

"Oh, beauty is a beguiling call to death and I'm addicted to the sweet pitch of its siren."- Johnny Quid

"Without our imaginations, we'd be like all those other poor... dullards."- Dr. Hannibal Lecter

i got civ beyond earth for 25 usd take that steam

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

I picked up MGS from Green Man Gaming and used the 20% off coupon and got it for $10.

Only "played" for about a half hour and I put quotation marks because I spent most of that time admiring the graphics and how smooth it is.

It looks beautiful in 1440p, but 4K....I can only imagine.  :unsure:

An eye orgasm, that's what it is, I play in 1440p and it looks beautiful, if only all the ports were like this one.

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

Only thing holding me back from picking up Metal Gear is Kiefer Sutherland. Anyone know if the voice acting is any good? Seems wrong to not have Hayter in the role...

This game is a lot more serious than your typical Metal Gear. We're at a pretty dark point in the timeline. Hayter just wouldn't be able to pull off the serious, more emotional lines like Sutherland has so far (he's been great in GZ). I think if Hayter tried to pull off some of the lines we've seen in GZ with the same emotion behind them, he'd end up sounding goofy unfortunately.

I also think Hayter hasn't been that great since MGS3. I think his VA was especially poor in Peace Walker, nothing like his glory days of MGS1 and 2 for example. I think MGS4 put a toll on his Snake voice for sure.

My first purchases of the sale:

Metal Gear Rising: Revengance

Styx: Master of Shadows

I just picked up Tomb Raider, Max Payne 2, MGR and Euro Truck Sim 

I'm contemplating Dark Soul II, but I haven't played the first one, and reviews make it sound like I'll get wrecked. Should I? 

I'd play Dark Souls I first. If you actually take your time and play smart, there's no reason you should get wrecked.

I think people overestimate Souls difficulty. They aren't even supposed to be hard per se, they just aren't forgiving. If you make a mistake, the Souls games have made it a point that it's your fault you made that mistake, and gives you plenty of room to then improve the next time you try something. They don't hold your hand either, they don't tell you what way to go and trust that you're smart enough to decide whether you should be there or not.

I think people call them hard just because so many games hold your hand and are incredibly forgiving these days, so the Souls games in comparison are a lot more difficult.

This game is a lot more serious than your typical Metal Gear. We're at a pretty dark point in the timeline. Hayter just wouldn't be able to pull off the serious, more emotional lines like Sutherland has so far (he's been great in GZ). I think if Hayter tried to pull off some of the lines we've seen in GZ with the same emotion behind them, he'd end up sounding goofy unfortunately.

I also think Hayter hasn't been that great since MGS3. I think his VA was especially poor in Peace Walker, nothing like his glory days of MGS1 and 2 for example. I think MGS4 put a toll on his Snake voice for sure.

Never got around to playing Peace Walker, but I thought 4 was pretty good.

Dangit, I'm torn. Maybe I'll wait for Phantom Pain to pick this one up -- might be a bigger discount by then, and I won't have to torture myself with the wait for the next chapter.

I think I would have preferred another unknown actor, or someone famous that can do different voices.  All I hear is Jack Bauer from 24 and it's distracting me from the story.  Could just be the change, but that's what I feel so far. 

Also don't forget to get Enhanced Steam for your browser (Chrome - Firefox) to see how the prices compare to other sites.

Use IsThereAnyDeal if their site's down and the extension breaks.

"Unix was not designed to stop you from doing stupid things, because that would also stop you from doing clever things." - Doug Gwyn

My first purchases of the sale:

Metal Gear Rising: Revengance

Styx: Master of Shadows

How's Metal Gear Rising? I don't know how should I feel about that game, it looks so different from a Metal Gear game.

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

How's Metal Gear Rising? I don't know how should I feel about that game, it looks so different from a Metal Gear game.

It's a spin-off more than anything. It's a DMC-style game, really just a hack and slash. It's a great game, but obviously it's not supposed to be a typical main Metal Gear game.

Anything you guys looking to pick up from today's deals? 

to price discount on unity is crazy... I'm considering Borderlands 

System Specs: 

Cpu: i5 4690k @ 4.40Ghz - Motherboard: Asrock Extreme6 z97. - GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 g1. - Memory: 16gig 2400mhz G.skill Ripjaw X . - Corsair H80i CPU Cooler. - PSU XFX 850watt . - 3x Sandisk SDDs. - 5 TB HDD.

Anything you guys looking to pick up from today's deals? 

to price discount on unity is crazy... I'm considering Borderlands 

BL presequel will be stupid cheap later. if u dont have ppl to play with or plan to play anytime soon.. I'd wait on it. It'll be $15 in no time.

• Deals listed by Dealzon help support LMG / Linus Tech Tips
  • More PC game deals here
  • Latest PC game retailers sales here

BL presequel will be stupid cheap later. if u dont have ppl to play with or plan to play anytime soon.. I'd wait on it. It'll be $15 in no time.

I'll probably end up holding on Borderlands. I may get Batman...just for fun...maybe. 

System Specs: 

Cpu: i5 4690k @ 4.40Ghz - Motherboard: Asrock Extreme6 z97. - GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 g1. - Memory: 16gig 2400mhz G.skill Ripjaw X . - Corsair H80i CPU Cooler. - PSU XFX 850watt . - 3x Sandisk SDDs. - 5 TB HDD.