Its here. Steam Winter Sale Now Live

I'd play Dark Souls I first. If you actually take your time and play smart, there's no reason you should get wrecked.

I think people overestimate Souls difficulty. They aren't even supposed to be hard per se, they just aren't forgiving. If you make a mistake, the Souls games have made it a point that it's your fault you made that mistake, and gives you plenty of room to then improve the next time you try something. They don't hold your hand either, they don't tell you what way to go and trust that you're smart enough to decide whether you should be there or not.

I think people call them hard just because so many games hold your hand and are incredibly forgiving these days, so the Souls games in comparison are a lot more difficult.

I played Path of Exile (aRPG) hardcore and a lot people said Dark Souls was amazing, it's similar to aRPG, right?  I'mma go check it out..   I need something to kill time when dota has me @ rage status

@WhOaMi_Gaming

id/theoriginalwhoami

Are any of these games worth getting? I'd appreciate any input.

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter 

Dreamfall Chapters 

Depth

The Binding of Issac: Rebirth

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter 

One of the best games I have ever played.

Goose bumps guaranteed.

todays sale is a meh from me

Although I pretty much bought everything I needed

One of the best games I have ever played.

Goose bumps guaranteed.

Thanks. That's the one that's interesting me the most.

Bulletstorm community pick is a good price and a good game.

• Deals listed by Dealzon help support LMG / Linus Tech Tips
  • More PC game deals here
  • Latest PC game retailers sales here

Nothing really of interest to me from today's and yesterday's sales

Just considering whether I should pick up Skyrim or not... 

System Specs: 

Cpu: i5 4690k @ 4.40Ghz - Motherboard: Asrock Extreme6 z97. - GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 g1. - Memory: 16gig 2400mhz G.skill Ripjaw X . - Corsair H80i CPU Cooler. - PSU XFX 850watt . - 3x Sandisk SDDs. - 5 TB HDD.

Nothing really of interest to me from today's and yesterday's sales

Just considering whether I should pick up Skyrim or not... 

if you haven't yet, have you lived under a rock? I would say get the legendary edition for 13 bucks cause it get all the dlc with it that way

if you haven't yet, have you lived under a rock? I would say get the legendary edition for 13 bucks cause it get all the dlc with it that way

I know it's a very long and so I probably won't have time to invest in it, with uni and 2 jobs 

System Specs: 

Cpu: i5 4690k @ 4.40Ghz - Motherboard: Asrock Extreme6 z97. - GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 g1. - Memory: 16gig 2400mhz G.skill Ripjaw X . - Corsair H80i CPU Cooler. - PSU XFX 850watt . - 3x Sandisk SDDs. - 5 TB HDD.

Guys what about Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days for pc?  It costs under $3 on Steam and Amazon.com.  What do you think of the game?

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

The wolf among us for just 6.24, I couldn't resist!

Also, really debating Bulletstorm for 4 bucks

Bought both Kane&Lynch games couldn't resist.

Gaben nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

My wallet is broken but my library is growing. I honestly don't know why I by these games on sale. I only spend a max of $10 on a sale item and it has to have everything ie complete edition. After discovering Steam sales My library went from 2 games to 390 games. Why must I give in to these sales. Oh wait The walking Dead season 2 and The wolf among us are on sale at 75% off. Steam take my money. Does anyone else have a problem like I do? I like to call myself a collector.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

I've bought a total of 9 games so far, but most were from the under $5 category. 

PS. If anyone's looking for a good, story driven, indie and cheap game I recommend Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons  and Bastion. Both games are under $4 aud

System Specs: 

I've only got GTA: Vice City so far. Because Nostalgia. Hopefully there'll be some great deals in the next few days, very tempted to get Alien Isolation but I reckon the price is only going to keep falling so I can wait. My backlog is massive as it is.

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

Should I get CS:GO for $10 or 3Dmark for $5?

I don't know, I have $11.87 cents

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Best purchase this year, bcuz forza

Should I get CS:GO for $10 or 3Dmark for $5?

I don't know, I have $11.87 cents

A game that potentially offers months of great fun or an overrated benchmarking software to more accurately compare your epeen with that of others. Does that help your choice?

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

A game that potentially offers months of great fun or an overrated benchmarking software to more accurately compare your epeen to that of others. Does that help your choice?

ok good point xD

CS:GO it is then

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

ok good point xD

CS:GO it is then

Haha, definitely. CS:GO might get cheaper though. It was 7.99 a few days ago.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

Haha, definitely. CS:GO might get cheaper though. It was 7.99 a few days ago.

damn, I will wait until 2nd of January and that is when it goes of sale, if a better deal hasn't popped up by then then I will get it

Is Never Alone worth getting?

I would hold off on that game. But that is just me. I don't pay more than $10 unless its a complete pack. I'm going to wait till its below $5.

Here is a negative review on it. This is not my review.

First things first, the game is short, but that's not a point against it. It's not over before it starts, and the pacing is okay. However, the game is interspersed with (optional, but constantly unlocking) videos explaining the culture of the people the game is based on.

As a cultural exploration, it's okay. Production values of the videos are fine, but the content is mildly interesting, not enthralling.

As a game, it's just not very good, or very fun. The mechanics can be finicky in a way that break not only with platforming conventions, but it's own rules. If you're climbing, you can jump backwards away from the surface by pushing away from the wall and hitting Jump. However, you can't jump backwards from a standing position. You have to turn around first. But, you can't just turn around, since if you even just tap a direction, you not only turn, but move in that direction, which changes your location and possibly makes it so you'll not longer be able to jump and grab the ledge you could have if only you could just jump backwards. Or just turn around without moving. Or if the ledge-magnetization was more forgiving (it's inconsistent).

You end up dying and returning to checkpoint (after a few seconds unskippable "oh dear" cutscene from the other character) quite often, but rarely because you didn't know what to do, but because the game fails to execute on your intent. If the platforming was tight, I would have completed the game in even less time, and enjoyed it more. But despite a patch fixing some of the behavior, I doubt they'll fix the fundamental platforming to make it actually fun.

I think the people making this game enjoyed it a lot more than you'll enjoy playing it. Can't quite recommend it.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.