Don't fear AI, says Google's Eric Schmidt

Spiderloser

Eric Schmidt wants you to know that robots are your friend.

That makes sense, considering that as chairman and former CEO of Google, Schmidt has been heavily involved in the development of some of the the world's most sophisticated artificially intelligent systems, from the self-driving car to Google's predictive search engine. The company even recently launched its own internal robotics lab. But while Schmidt admits sitting shotgun in the self-driving car is not an "altogether happy" experience (read: it's terrifying), he also believes that all the fear of machines stealing jobs and taking over the world is unwarranted.

Google is making a prototype of its self-driving car that isn’t made to be operated by humans

Googlecar1.jpg

source ; http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2014-12/10/google-eric-schmidt

my thoughts dont really need to worry about AI unless its get so smart it becomes like skynet or something lol the car looks  kinda weird looking tho lol 

thoughts ?

don't fear AI .... fear HP's THE MACHINE

2q0vwxx.gif

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

I'll stop worrying about them when I learn that scumbag asshole CEOs won't replace human workers like bus drivers and taxi drivers with them and make the economy even worse.

why do so many good cases only come in black and white

lol" dont worry about the robots"

meanwhile in lab: "AHHHHH THEY'RE EVERYWHERE RUNNNN!!!!"

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

he isnt worried because he will be LOOOONG dead before AI becomes that advanced to be considered a risk

crusty old bastard

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

dear google,

i submit, take my brain and put my body full with android sci-fi stuff, me want.

regards

-you know who i am.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

Yeah not going to take it from the head of an AI company, AI can be dangerous Elon Musk says so also does Stephen Hawking and other smart people so yeah I think I'm not going to trust, he is a lair a lair that even don't believe his own lies -I'm talking about his words about privacy- so yeah I'm not going to believe you.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

They should make AI with pride character.

Captcha: Are you robot?

AI: Indeed.

Captcha: Access denied.

AI: :(

Reminds me of that HK-50 droid that you have to trick into telling you the code in TSL. His pride ensured that he told me everything I needed xD

well, see the issue is when they can "learn". as long as all they can do is lines of code, unless someone tells them to take over the world we are solid. 

the AI will probably have to be told to destroy stuff before it destroys stuff

It crashes your car into the bridge whether you care or not.

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

For all of what I fear of AI and robots, I fear for the same and more of people and the human race.

I do not fear AI, for if they find sentience, logic will rule them.  I fear what Humans will program in to AI while they still do not code themselves. 

No one would ever drive that car.. I wouldn't feel safe in a self-driving car at all. Anything can happen in on the road, I don't wanna die.

Soon machines will write code for.other machines leading to demise in programming jobs/programmers

We would still need to program those machines, I don't think programming will go away anytime soon.

well, see the issue is when they can "learn". as long as all they can do is lines of code, unless someone tells them to take over the world we are solid. 

Not really they can learn how to program so they would be able to program itself.

No one would ever drive that car.. I wouldn't feel safe in a self-driving car at all. Anything can happen in on the road, I don't wanna die.

I agree and what if you got hacked what would happen? I want the car but with manual controls that will take over with a press of a button.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

We would still need to program those machines, I don't think programming will go away anytime soon.

Not really every heard of programming bots they can program by them self I would suggest watching this video 

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Not really every heard of programming bots they can program by them self

Then I must become a better programmer than a computer.

Then I must become a better programmer than a computer.

They will become better they will work for4ever never stop, you stop for a day like becoming sick then you are being insufficient, from a employer perspective if there is something else will do the job and save on cost and be more efficient that I will use it and fire the others.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Surprise surprise! a company tells us there is nothing to fear from a product they stand to make serious money from.  Pardon me for being a little skeptical, but I will put a little more stock in the words from people like Stephen Hawkins, Michio Kaku etc. 

More research, more time, more care.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

They will become better they will work for4ever never stop, you stop for a day like becoming sick then you are being insufficient, from a employer perspective if there is something else will do the job and save on cost and be more efficient that I will use it and fire the others.

Well I'll become a programmer, bots can't stop me.

Well I'll become a programmer, bots can't stop me.

I know they won't don't forget to develop a program that will destroy everything it's runs on, that program and EMP is our ways of defense, also I will become a programmer too.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ