Ubisoft offers compensation for launch AC: Unity

Im gonna come out and say i actually think this is a really positive gesture from Ubisoft and despite all the shit they've been through i think this should be looked at as what it is inteded to be, an apology to gamers for releasing a shoddy product.

Sure they've said and done some stupid things recently but i can see past all that as long as they're willing to start doing things differently, plus i really wanted to buy The Crew but was going to avoid it out of principle, now i don't have too.

Well done Ubisoft, haters are gonna hate but this is at least a positive start in making up for your recent behaviour.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Then those are broken as well, and you get even more free games.... Ubi will be out of business in no time!

Hopefully a wake up call. 

"Use the force Harry" 

-Gandalf

A full game for those that have the season pass is a good compensation, and new games to, though I have no idea how much that cost, I suspect is sub 40$ though they still have a lot of dirt above them to redeem for all the shit that happened in the year

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

check out the link in my sig. they had no reason to do 50k drawcalls, it was either a very lazy development process, or the decision came from somewhere up top

Is it possible to fix it though?

Is it possible to fix it though?

yes... its just a days worth of optimising for ubisofts team...

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

It's a step in the right direction and it fills the hole a bit but I guarantee they manage to fuck something up within a month and make that hole even deeper.

I think it's nice, this + an awesome update 3 this week, and they would almost redeem themselves.

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

Eh, I dunno. Maybe they mean well, but it sort of feels like you got food poisoning at a restaurant and as an apology, they give you a voucher for a free meal. It's like why would you want to risk it again? :P

Well, farcry4 runs fine, i think it's a cool thing ubi did.

I don't mind if they keep launching games that look half done and then give me free AAA games as an apology, keep the unfinished games coming ubi.

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

Well this will be the first DLC I'll have played for any AC game. 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 MB: MSI Z77A-GD55  CPU: i5 3330 OCd to 3.4Ghz CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i RAM: Kingston HyperX Blu 2x8GB @ 1600MHz GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming PSU: Seasonic M12II 650W HDD: Two Seagate Barracuda 2TB @ 7200 RPM SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

So PC had the most issues and this is Xbox one and ps4 only..... Really ubisoft... Really

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

Wow.

QuoteQuoteThe launch of Assassin’s Creed Unity was a highly-anticipated moment for me and for our development teams around the world who dedicated a tremendous amount of energy, passion and skill to the game’s creation. For us, it was the culmination of years of work on new technologies, the development of multiple innovations -- including an all-new game engine -- and an evolution of the Assassin’s Creed franchise’s core pillars. More importantly, we know that it was a highly-anticipated moment for many of you as well, as you looked forward to taking part in the first truly next generation Assassin’s Creed game.

'Truly next gen'... Anyone got a picture of them npc models?

Why would you even include most of that in an apology/announcement of your shortcomings? Just say that you screwed up and leave it at that. Most of it makes them sound like they want people to know they tried really, really hard and it comes off like they're trying to say they think that AC:Unity was a work of art that just didn't appeal to the consumers. The PR department of Ubisoft sucks massive eggs.

do i still get this even though i did not pay for it  ;)  ;)  still had to download to 30g install to open this piece of incomplete (use your imagination) :)

AMD FX-8350 II ASUS R9-20x DCU2 TOP II Fractal Design R4 II Samsung 840 Evo 250gb SSD II Gigabyte 990FXA UD-3 II 8GB Corsair XMS II Cooler Master Seidon 120mm II ACER H236HL Monitor II Corsair K70 II Razer Deathadder II Kinect II 

Go check out my Build Log for my "Home Made Gaming POD"

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/83872-home-made-gaming-pod-build-log/

It was funny for the first couple of weeks with the Ubisoft bashing, now it's getting out of hand and the lot of you are shitting on Ubisoft for everything that comes out of their mouths.

Now Ubisoft is trying to make up for it, just like EA did yet you're bringing this shit up? Lol

Don't you just love the one track thinking on this site? 

Never gets old. Oh wait, it does. And this particularly tired joke did. 

I will only accept the heads of the administrative board members as a compensation.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Well, it's a step. But I'm not convinced they'll start caring about releasing stable games. That's just a PR stunt. I'm waiting for the next major Ubi launch to burst in flames. 

My PC: CPU: Intel Core i3 3220, MB: ASUS P8P67 LE, GPU: Palit Jetstream GTX 670, RAM: 4GB 1333mhz DDR3, Storage: 750GB Hitachi, PSU: CoolerMaster G650M 80+ Bronze, Cooling: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Plus, Case: Multirama, Display: Acer x229w 22" 1680x1050, Keyboard: Logitech K120, Mouse: Steelseries Kinzu v2, Sound: Logitech 2.1 system

I will only accept the heads of the administrative board members as a compensation.

such logic

wow

Guys if you want a free game just buy the season pass off a third-party retailer like G2A or Instant-Gaming. Personally never had any trouble and i just got mine no problems.

Okay dokey ubisoft. You only need to climb another 10 kilometers out of that hole you've dug yourself...

Spose it's a start, ill give em that

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

I just saw this on netlinked. Way to go for an apology, but still they shouldn't have to do that and they should not apologise for a broken game but for thinking it's OK to release it in this state in the first place. Can't wait for Jimquisition this week...

Not bad but I bet the free game is given through Uplay anyway so its still easier to just pirate the game you wanted.

Cookybiscuit, on 27 Nov 2014 - 8:53 PM, said:Cookybiscuit, on 27 Nov 2014 - 8:53 PM, said:

Not bad but I bet the free game is given through Uplay anyway so its still easier to just pirate the game you wanted.

lel.

*shrugs* free stuff is free stuff. I just hope Ubisoft really get's their act together next year. They have a lot of good titles under their belt.

- Fresher than a fruit salad.