The end of Black Friday and electronic sales?

c00face

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/newscast-the-end-of-black-friday-2014-11-12

Well it seems like Wal-Mart has revealed its attention on Black Friday sales. And instead of a one day event, it'll be a long lasting 5 days event. It seems like Business are starting to understand what is going on, and that is, most customer's don't bother anymore to shop directly and walk through store doors on a Black Friday. Rather, they shop online, and the trend for directly shopping at a store on a Black Friday is dimming down. Just for all speculation, I believe as business starts to see this trend, to keep up on sales and if you may, "walk-ins" they have to either let Black Friday go altogether, increase its days, or market most of their merchandise online.

As for now, the current idea for the Company Wal-Mart is to increase its days, and see what happens. But for future references, Black Friday might just be an online experience from then on.

Are you kidding? Shopping in store is becoming more and more popular, so much so that it's become impossible for people to shop in stores, hence the rush online

A rising tide floats all boats

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/newscast-the-end-of-black-friday-2014-11-12

Well it seems like Wal-Mart has revealed its attention on Black Friday sales. And instead of a one day event, it'll be a long lasting 5 days event. It seems like Business are starting to understand what is going on, and that is, most customer's don't bother anymore to shop directly and walk through store doors on a Black Friday. Rather, they shop online, and the trend for directly shopping at a store on a Black Friday is dimming down. Just for all speculation, I believe as business starts to see this trend, to keep up on sales and if you may, "walk-ins" they have to either let Black Friday go altogether, increase its days, or market most of their merchandise online.

As for now, the current idea for the Company Wal-Mart is to increase its days, and see what happens. But for future references, Black Friday might just be an online experience from then on.

probably walmart because of the hundreds of fights ad tramplings that happen in those stores on back friday have you seen  the videos of the electronic esile

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

Nor that far fetched as online shopping becomes more popular. Brick and mortar stores this year might also be at a all time low popularity due to credit card fraud (which is as likely on online shopping I know but people won't forget the pain in the ass stupid stores that got hacked and had em change CCs...in some cases twice within a year)

-------

Current Rig

-------

People are still excited for Black Friday? 

I did 95% of my shopping on aliababa's 11.11 sale. Way better prices if you can bear the long shipping wait. (e.g. 99% off a lot of items, I bought earbuds for $2 that are retailed $80 - roughly 97% off but it will take 27 business days to ship)

//ccap

Are you kidding? Shopping in store is becoming more and more popular, so much so that it's become impossible for people to shop in stores, hence the rush online

Source? (Unless this was sarcasm? Kinda seems like sarcasm...but I can never be sure. :unsure: )

That seems like the logical thing to do. I've always liked Newegg's Black November. I've actually never gone to a physical store on Black Friday. I got thrown out of the store the last time I tried to shop at a physical store without pants on.

I got thrown out of the store the last time I tried to shop at a physical store without pants on.

Tell us more.

It's not even Black Friday yet. These are just early sales, and majority of things that are on sale are crap. Well it's cheap, but do you need to have it or is there even a use for it.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Here's a thought for companies to consider.

Don't fucking overcharge so much, and more people will buy more things, and you make the same amount of money (roughly) selling many more units than if you had just overcharged in the first place.

genius-photo.png

Maybe instead of that 150-200% markup, you could try a 110% markup and make a fuck load more sales.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Must be regional, stores around here don't have half the people in them compared to 5 years ago. Hell, even my grandparents are starting to shop online.

I did 95% of my shopping on aliababa's 11.11 sale. Way better prices if you can bear the long shipping wait. (e.g. 99% off a lot of items, I bought earbuds for $2 that are retailed $80 - roughly 97% off but it will take 27 business days to ship)

Just so you are aware, Alibaba (basically Chinese eBay) primarily lists knockoff stuff. $2 is very little to risk so I don't blame you for buying them, but don't be too surprised when they aren't a legit item.

People outside America can just wipe their tears because theres no such thing as black friday in November :(

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

The last store I walked into was a Microcenter in manhattan. Only walked in because they had z87 boards in clearance.

A, normally, $110 mobo for $42.75. Couldn't pass it up.

before that, it had been 5 years since I walked into a store. not even to shop for clothes lol

SPAAAAAACE!!!

$2 earbuds? How is the company supposed to make money off an item that is 97% off? I'm pretty sure they are selling knockoffs. Also the shipping is so long because they ship from somewhere in asia.

My PC: i7 3770k @ 4.4 Ghz || Hyper 212 Evo || Intel Extreme Motherboard DZ77GA || EVGA Hybrid 980ti || Corsair Vengeance Blue 16GB || Samsung 840 Evo 120 GB || WD Black 1TB

Peripherals: Corsair K70 RGB || Sentey Pro Revolution Gaming Mouse || Beyerdynamic DT 990 Premium 250 Ohm Headphone || Benq XL2420Z Monitor

People outside America can just wipe their tears because theres no such thing as black friday in November :(

Norwegian electronics etailers have been doing black friday sales for years now.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

$2 earbuds? How is the company supposed to make money off an item that is 97% off? I'm pretty sure they are selling knockoffs. Also the shipping is so long because they ship from somewhere in asia.

I'm sure that they are knockoffs, but for $2 who really cares? Besides, iirc there were only 10 available at that price, I waited until 3AM to make sure that I got them. 

Also I purchased a few mechanical keyboards for really cheap there too. 

//ccap

The last store I walked into was a Microcenter in manhattan. Only walked in because they had z87 boards in clearance.

A, normally, $110 mobo for $42.75. Couldn't pass it up.

before that, it had been 5 years since I walked into a store. not even to shop for clothes lol

So you don't buy food?

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

So you don't buy food?

That is what wives are for.

In all seriousness... (sort of, I actually do make my wife do all the grocery shopping haha) I buy nearly all of my non-perishable food items from Amazon as they are cheaper and easier, plus you can get a lot of things that Walmart/Sams doesn't carry. Its also a lot of stuff my wife doesn't allow me to eat, I'm always ordering from Amazon so she doesn't ever open the packages and then I hide the food in my shop.  :D

One time I got 18 boxes of Special K cereal for $5 as it was within a month of the expiration date, its ~$5 per box at the store. Some K cups are occasionally $.25/cup on Amazon as well. Oatmeal is much cheaper... lots of great deals.

So you don't buy food?

like my local deli? sure, I go and buy a pack of cigs once in a while. and while I'm at it, I might pick up a bag of chips.

although the context wasn't 'supermarket/deli', duh.

SPAAAAAACE!!!

All of my builds are being built around Black Friday and Cyber Monday this year.  I'll be hitting up Frys and online stores simultaneously to get the best deals.  

*raises glass*  Here's to hoping I don't get stuck with only garbage being on sale!

I practice and study Buddhism, admire art, love cats, build computers and enjoy civil debate.

Here's a thought for companies to consider.

Don't fucking overcharge so much, and more people will buy more things, and you make the same amount of money (roughly) selling many more units than if you had just overcharged in the first place.

genius-photo.png

Maybe instead of that 150-200% markup, you could try a 110% markup and make a fuck load more sales.

This has been empirically proven false.  I like the jpg though.

This has been empirically proven false.  I like the jpg though.

False that it benefits the seller perhaps

dr-evil.jpg

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs