R9 390X Coming in 2015. Featuring 20nm, Liquid Cooling and High Bandwidth Memory "HBM"

The R9 390X (Fiji) will be the first graphics card in the world to feature TSMC's next generation 20nm manufacturing process. A shrink from the current flock of 28nm cards. The product will also be the first to make use of 3D stacked memory, specifically the AMD and SK Hynix co-developed High Bandwidth Memory or HBM. This new 3D stacked memory technology promises to more than double the bandwidth of GDDR5 while reducing the power at the same time.

v2wlqw.jpg

The R9 390X will also be the first single-GPU reference card to feature hybrid liquid cooling code named "Hydra". The first ever reference card to use this was the R9 295X2 which garnered it as the fastest graphics card in the world, a record which it still holds.

AMD-Radeon-R9-390X.jpg

Digitime and semiaccurate both published independent reports claiming that the R9 390X will be released in the first half of 2015.
1H of 2015 obviously spans 6 months and it's still unclear when exactly the 390X will be introduced. However expect AMD to launch the new card as soon as it's ready. Images of the new cooling shroud has already been leaked so it's definitely very closer to the production phase.

Full article here.

WCCF, not going to believe a word

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

I'll bet the power requirement will be at least a 750w psu.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Let's all bash AMD for trying to compete. And completely ignore Nvidia's bullshit TDP and power efficiency claims for the 900 series.

Yes because apparently power consumption is measured with TDP ? even the Nvidia fans will tell that's not bull fecal matter.
nvidia-game24-keynote-maxwell-geforce-gt

No I'm not a rocket scientest but even I know 100/73 does not equal 2.
104-Overview-Efficiency.png

1H of 2015

argh

i will only buy this if it came before the CV1

if not then ill have to go with a 980

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

wccf is almost worse than videocardz.... 

Also what the fuck is up with AMD's naming scheme... 

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

I didn't see all this wccf hate when they were leaking 900 series info...double standard much ? :blink: :blink: :blink:

Nah, most people on here hate wccf, regardless of the topic. 

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

1H of 2015

argh

i will only buy this if it came before the CV1

if not then ill have to go with a 980

Well they better release it on the first day of 2015 then...

GTA V is also going to support mantle according to videocardz. Seems very likely seeing how the PC trailer was put up exclusively on AMD's channel.

Nah, most people on here hate wccf, regardless of the topic. 

No, people here definitely bash the AMD related wccf news.

No one said a thing about how "horrible" wccf is when they leaked the 980 and 970 prices. Double standard at its finest.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/217044-gtx-980-and-gtx-970-prices-revealed-549-and-329/

If it's true that it's going to be 20nm then AMD wouldn't even have to bother with efficiency. A 290/290X ported to 20nm would automatically become more efficient than the 900 series thanks to the smaller process.

Well they better release it on the first day of 2015 then...

GTA V is also going to support mantle according to videocardz. Seems very likely seeing how the PC trailer was put up exclusively on AMD's channel.

Nah, they linked to an actual retailer that had posted prices.

WCCF was completely irrelevant "middleman" in that post. 

Nah, they linked to an actual retailer that had posted prices.

WCCF was completely irrelevant "middleman" in that post. 

LOL so when wccf posts legit info they become "irrelevant" middlemen suddenly.

No one reported on the pricing before they did by the way and even videocardz said " I call bullshit, unless nvidia went crazy" when wccf said the 970 will cost $330.

Let's all bash AMD for trying to compete. And completely ignore Nvidia's bullshit TDP and power efficiency claims for the 900 series.

Yes because apparently power consumption is measured with TDP ? even the Nvidia fans will tell that's not bull fecal matter.

Why start a flame war? no one was bashing AMD, then you come along and make the first AMD V NVidia post.  Not even 7 posts in mind you.

I came to this thread to read peoples opinions on a new card, not to witness someone shit bashing Nvidia for no good reason.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Why start a flame war? no one was bashing AMD, then you come along and make the first AMD V NVidia post.  Not even 7 posts in mind you.

What a flame war ? because I pointed out Nvidia's dubious marketing ?

I didn't see all this wccf hate when they were leaking 900 series info...double standard much ? :blink: :blink: :blink:

It's in this thread, and that wasn't even rumors or leaks.

There is always WCCF bashing regardless of the topic or it's legitimacy.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

In an empire of lies truth becomes treason.

As far as I'm concerned every bit of info leaked out by WCCF about the 900 series was 100% accurate. Can't see what's wrong with most of what's said here. In fact most of it has been known for a while.

no it wasnt, they have taken it down now but they said the 980 would use a 512bit memory bus and would have around 2500 cuda cores. Never defend wccf, never trust wccf

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

The one that will surely ensue from your post, because no one mentioned Nvidia, no one was shit bashing AMD, and then you make that atrocious post with big arse graphs proving some point that is completely irrelevant to thread.

It's in this thread, and that wasn't even rumors or leaks.

There is always WCCF bashing regardless of the topic or it's legitimacy.

I stand corrected. This is extremely toxic to the forums.

All of these posts get filled with pointless debate about who to believe and who not to believe and no discussion around the relevant content.

no it wasnt, they have taken it down now but they said the 980 would use a 512bit memory bus and would have around 2500 cuda cores. Never defend wccf, never trust wccf

You're thinking of videocardz.