TOXIKK - "Frag like it's 1999" A PC only Arena FPS Announced

Damikiller37

Source: Toxikk Official Website

35622f08a8a9cc347d8fea01ec13e142_940_Ban

What do you get when you mass Halo and Unreal Tournament/Quake together? According to the German developer, REAKKTOR Studios, you will get Toxikk. Toxikk is a "No Bullshit" Arena FPS game going back to the roots of the genre. Powered by the Unreal Engine this game aims to bring back the gameplay style from the long time classic series such as Unreal Tournament and Quake with aspects that make it feel similarly to the Halo series, exclusively to the PC platform. The company mentions the following 7 facts on their website and why they believe in them:

1. Classic Arena FPS Action

2. All Players are equal. Always.

3. Toxikk is not Free-to Play

4. Classic and Massive maps

5. User generated content

6. Exclusively designed for PC

7. Developed by Reakktor

(You can find more explanation on each of the facts HERE)

Here are some of the key aspects of the game that are mentioned in the video:

No classes, no levelling, no regenerating health, no cover systems, no iron sights aiming, no reload and lastly no bullshit. Other things mentioned are high octane gameplay, exclusively designed for PC, dodge and double jumps, mutators, vehicular game modes, lots of vertical gameplay, nine iconic weapons, secondary fire modes, skill based rewards, booster power-ups, jump pads, health packs, classic maps, skill shots, uncompromising and NO free-to-play.

TOXIKK is set to hit Steam Early Access some time in Q4 2014, however you can already pre-order the game on their website which offers multiple packages starting at $15 to gain access to the Closed Beta when the game is on Steam Early Access, the game itself once it is released and the Level 2 Pro League Badge which will indicate that you are a supporter.

Personally I think that it could be a pretty awesome game if done right and only time will tell if it is. Definitely looking forward to it since I grew up playing games such as Quake and Unreal Tournament...when I was 6.

finally. a fast FPS arena which isn't free to play pay-to-win like Tribes.

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

"No classes, no levelling, no regenerating health, no cover systems, no iron sights aiming, no reload and lastly no bullshit"

thats pretty much what i want in all games

so we have this and we have the new UT game coming soon

:) soo excited - feels like how early pc gaming was

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

I like the "no bulshit" philosophy !!

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X with Nox Hummer H240 Aura AIO Liquid Cooler; MOBO: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F; GPU: XFX RX 6800 RAM: Viper Steel 16 Gb (2X8) 4400Mhz DDR4; Storage: Adata XPG 512 Gb M.2 NVME SSD + 1 Tb WD Blue HDD + 1 Lexar Tb SSD; Case: Phanteks P350X; PSU: Corsair RM750i 80+ Gold; Monitor: Gigabyte M27Q 1440p @170hz; Headset: Hyper X Cloud Stinger; K&M: CM Storm Quickfire TK & Logitech G502.

I don't know if I'm a big fan of this, gaming has evolved for a reason. Although I agree with some of the stuff their doing, things like no iron sights aiming seems a bit of a step backwards.

Still I'm looking forward to seeing more of it

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

Right now I just hope they don't rush a pre-alpha into early access like Dayz which makes everyone hate it before it's done.

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

As someone from cod->BF->CS I can't wait for this.

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)

Looks pretty cool, definitely keen to see where this goes. UT4 might have some competition.

Like 1999? Automatic sign in for me, UT99 is my favorite FPS game.

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

How much do you guys think this costs?

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)

$15... I did mention it in the OP.

Funny how I read that paragraph and skipped that.

I hate how I read fast lol

No reload? Does that just mean ridiculously huge magazines or what?......

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

>skill based rewards

Sounds like needless bullshit to me. Another thing which sounds like bullshit is calling their weapons "iconic" and their maps "classic" when the damn thing isn't even out yet.

No reload? Does that just mean ridiculously huge magazines or what?......

If you played UT or Quake then you would understand. Basically yeah what you said and then you pick up more around the map.

If you played UT or Quake then you would understand. Basically yeah what you said and then you pick up more around the map.

Oh, so kind of like "bottomless magazines" (except for not being unlimited ammo), you don't have to reload, all your ammo for that gun is ready to fire?

Oh, so kind of like "bottomless magazines" (except for not being unlimited ammo), you don't have to reload, all your ammo for that gun is ready to fire?

Usually in arena-style shooters with things like machine guns you can just shoot all 300 rounds without ever reloading at all, but things like sniper rifles have ridiculous cooldown times before firing again. This cooldown time is usually known as reloading, it just doesn't have a reloading animation or anything.

Usually in arena-style shooters with things like machine guns you can just shoot all 300 rounds without ever reloading at all, but things like sniper rifles have ridiculous cooldown times before firing again. This cooldown time is usually known as reloading, it just doesn't have a reloading animation or anything.

Ahhh I see. I am highly interested now, especially because it's PC ONLY. WOO

Finally, not another over done generic FPS based on war. I want this.

Sooo its modern day QUAKE ? :P

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

MUTATORS yeeees

Instagib ftw

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

Unreal 3 or 4 Engine?

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

Intel i7-4770K @ 4.7GHz | Corsair H105 w/ SP120 | Asus Gene VI | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x GTX 780Ti| Corsair 750D | OCZ Agility 3 | Samsung 840/850 | Sandisk SSD | 3TB WD RED | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair RM850 | ASUS PB278Q | SyncMaster 2370HD | SyncMaster P2450