TOXIKK - "Frag like it's 1999" A PC only Arena FPS Announced

Damikiller37

Playing a twitch shooter on console? What's the fucking point? lmao

Sure as hell no 360-no-scope's happening on a console.

You'd be surprised how fast the turning speed can be by turning up the sensitivity. Halo had the slowest high setting of many though. I couldn't play on anything other than 10 for the longest time (now i'm not used to it anymore and gotta play on 8 lol) and I adjusted similarly in other shooters. Allows me to turn around quickly while (provided the controller i'm using isn't used to death) still allowing me precise control. Couple that with the bit of autoaim console shooters have and it's really not that bad using a controller.

Now as far as what's the point? Well for the longest time I was against PC gaming mostly because playing PC games i've always had problems with driver updates or incompatibilities or this crap or that crap. Granted I was much younger and wasn't privy to all the running around collecting the latest drivers let alone did I know what was in my computer. I thought "Intel Extreme 3D graphics" that was on a sticker on the front meant it had really decent graphics. Note the PC wasn't bought for that reason, I just thought that meant it was capable of some stuff... turns out I was very very wrong... eww that integrated CPU graphics x.x

I was very happy with the plug and play that consoles provided. I just stick the cartridge into the console (I grew up with a SNES) or put the disc in the system and it runs. No drivers, no updates (until the 360, and then it did all of that crap on its own) no bullshit. So playing a game like UT3 was cool and all on a console, it was a semi different experience. Now I always tried to play it like I was on a PC, this being after I played the demo of 2k4 for hours on end and GOTY edition in a classroom LAN at school. So going into some gametypes like Duel on UT3 and just kinda firing a rocket in the direction I knew the person was going to spawn in and run immediately into happened frequently. I'd go many rounds unkilled doing that.

My first shooter I played on PC was Halo Custom Edition, played the living hell out of that. Didn't have an xbox to play it on at the time, and I tried a few others such as Tremulous. But yea... never had a real PC until the past couple years. But I won't go back. Especially since all the driver BS is mostly gone.

DL;DR (cause I didn't realize I was typing up a wall of text): I liked the "plug and play" nature of consoles and had fun playing twitch shooters on consoles despite being played a bit differently due to being played on a console.

Sure as hell no 360-no-scope's happening on a console.

Do you even know how many 720 no scopes I saw on every CoD game on consoles? Every 12 year old with a sniper tried them and some succeeded. 10/10 sensitivity is pretty sensitive.

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

10/10 would buy. Me included. Reminds me of Tribes.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

I'm really torn with my whole philosophy of "Never pre-order" and "Never buy Early Access",

I have only pre ordered one game in the last few years and it is witcher 3, that was my exception because I don't care if it's good or not I'm still going to play it and love it, and to be fair it's probably going to be excellent.

I really like the look of this game, but I most likely won't bite until the beta tag comes off it, no matter how good it looks you cannot trust the developed to nail it down to a finished product in a reasonable amount of time despite how many people love it and how much money they have to invest, just look at DayZ.

It looks good, seriously considering pre-ordering it, but I'm too young to have a really significant source of income so I might not, to save as much money as possible.

Yes please. No leveling is the biggest thing for me because I don't have much time to play video games anymore. I really like a game that I can just pick up and be competitive without having to grind first like every shooter released nowadays.

Looking forward to this!

A REAL shooter

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

gaming has evolved for a reason

Yes, but it has grown and is geared more and more towards making as much money for as little work done. Games aren't optimised like they used to be and are far from solid. No game is bug-free but the games we see now ship way before even any bug is out of it it seems.

i5 4670k - MSI GTX 770 gaming - Fractal design define R4 (windowed) - MSI Z87-G45 gaming - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 - Corsair vengeance 8 gb (lp) - WB black 1tb - 256GB SSD - Corsair TX 750M - Ducky Shine 3

Yes, but it has grown and is geared more and more towards making as much money for as little work done. Games aren't optimised like they used to be and are far from solid. No game is bug-free but the games we see now ship way before even any bug is out of it it seems.

You do realize this game's early access, right? That is as far from bug-free as you can get.

You do realize this game's early access, right? That is as far from bug-free as you can get.

I'm not saying this game is bug-free, I say most modern games these days have way more game-breaking bugs than games used to have in the past.

i5 4670k - MSI GTX 770 gaming - Fractal design define R4 (windowed) - MSI Z87-G45 gaming - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 - Corsair vengeance 8 gb (lp) - WB black 1tb - 256GB SSD - Corsair TX 750M - Ducky Shine 3

be great to go back to those roots in FPS. Not a fan of every game having classes, or outfits, set-ups. 

classic get a pistol, find your weapons, level playing field, be great to see this come to market.   

Cpu: Intel i5 4690k @3.5 Ghz*cooled by Corsair Hydro H105* | Case: NZXT H440 Black/Green | Motherbord: Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK Black Edition Ram: Avexir Venom 16GB
Video Card: Asus Nvidia GeForce GTX980 4GB | Power Supply: Corsair TX850 | SSD: Samsung 500GB 850 Pro SSD: Samsung 500GB 840 Pro 
Monitor: ASUS 27" ROG Swift G-Sync 144mhz | Keyboard: Logitech G710+  | Mouse: Logitech G700s| Headset: Logitech G35 | Speakers: Logitech X530 5.1
NAS Set-up: Netgear ReadyNAS 104 "populated by 4 x 2TB Western Digital Red in RAID 6"

This is cool and all,, but let's be perfectly honest here: The reason why those style of games died out is because there's no progression, and there's no real reason for someone to keep playing it again and again.. Once you've played it, it's done, and there's nothing new to go back to. 

As much as I hate the CoD/BF style "release a game every year with a thousand different attachments, upgrades, and other junk", one of the biggest things that causes people to keep playing is feeding them with rewards for their play.. If someone sees that they can unlock [this new item] if they keep playing longer, they're most likely going to keep playing until they have all the items unlocked.

I think there is a parallel  to be made with Chivalry Medieval Warfare. Although there is progression and levels all players all still "equals" and a level 1 could (and it happens) defeat a level 43 just because he's quicker.

Where the heck is that tech news? :/

My Rig "Jenova" Ryzen 7 3900X with EK Supremacy Elite, RTX3090 with EK Fullcover Acetal + Nickel & EK Backplate, Corsair AX1200i (sleeved), ASUS X570-E, 4x 8gb Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3800MHz 16CL, 500gb Samsung 980 Pro, Raijintek Paean

Finally something that is an actual FPS without bullshit. Really missed games with this style and always wanted to see it come back. Also new UT.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

No cover

No reloading

No levelling

NO BULLSHIT!

It looks interesting. 

I have to say, that more likely it's not going to come that close to Quake III Arena. 

But I really like the fact that a group of guys finally realized what they have to do. 
I'm looking forward to this game in the future :D

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

Unfortunately made by Reakktor so guaranteed 110% to be garbage.

Also, iron sights ain't bullshit, no iron sights = dealbreaker even in retro games.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

I think it would be better that it's not free to play because they tend to not be as good.

Unfortunately made by Reakktor so guaranteed 110% to be garbage.

Also, iron sights ain't bullshit, no iron sights = dealbreaker even in retro games.

Wut really? Iron sights are annoying as hell.

oh yeah ! this philosophy is awesome ! i'm waiting to see more of the game before anything but i'm just tinked by the no ironsight ... i'm really better with ironsight aiming but meh, QUAKE SPIRIT FTW!

Gaming Laptop :  MSI (worst brand ever in EU) GT70 0NC 48FR - I7 3610QM - 670M 3GB GDDR5 - 12GB 1600MHZ - raid0 2 x 64GB sandisk SSD - 750 Gb Hitachi 7200/min

Galaxy s3 GTI9300 international - Archidroid v2.5.3 (git) - 1600Mhz PegasuQ on ArchiKernel .

It's funny how people nowadays can make a game with no features and then market it as "no bullshit"

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

I don't know if I'm a big fan of this, gaming has evolved for a reason. Although I agree with some of the stuff their doing, things like no iron sights aiming seems a bit of a step backwards.

Still I'm looking forward to seeing more of it

Iron sight aiming slows the gameplay down a lot, if it's implemented like in 99% of modern games.

My guess is that they doing it like in Quake 3 where as soon as you press the button you are zoomed in. No bullshit animation, no huge sight blocking your vision. Just a simple zoom. Otherwise they won't be able to have a sniper weapon.

Totally down except for the 'no health regen' and 'no reloading'. By no health regen i assume there will be health packs on the map. But will there be shield recharge? It can add a bit more of a tactical aspect to the game with making it a strategy game. And no reloading? IDK people. Again, IMO reloading adds a bit more gun play and strategy without going overboard.

The problem with regenerating shields is that again, it slows the game down. It encourages you to run around and hide until you got your shield back. What's good about not having anything regenerate is that if you fuck up, you've fucked up. You don't get a new chance just because you hide in a corner for a little while.

Key Word: Futuristic. Nobody knows what weaponry will be like in the future, or at least we have some VERY general idea, but yeah you know what I mean. You are totally correct that energy weapons might not need to reload, but, I am suggesting a reloading mechanic for the sake of a higher level of gun play and skill required to secure the most amount of kills per life/ reload ect. Instead of just firing madly. Or don't add reload, like you suggested, and make it Halo plasma rifle style with a overheating mechanic for when you fire continuously for too long.

Have it any way they like. I am simply making a suggestion to increase the skill level/ underlying strategy of the game. Good point about reloading though! Maybe a overheating mechanic would be better, or none at all! Im sure they will do whats best for the game.

Again, it slows the game down. Also, having reload doesn't make the game require more skills. If anything it can make the game less skill based because if your opponent has just killed someone you have the advantage of having a full magazine. When removing reload you also remove an element of luck from the game. As soon as you have killed someone you're ready to fight again, instead of "oh crap now I've killed someone, better hide for a few seconds while my weapons reload".

I recommend you try Quake (Quake 3 on Quake Live) or Unreal Tournament out. You will quickly realize why reloading is not needed. There are other things in the game that encourages strategy, such as controlling areas.

You'd be surprised how fast the turning speed can be by turning up the sensitivity. Halo had the slowest high setting of many though. I couldn't play on anything other than 10 for the longest time (now i'm not used to it anymore and gotta play on 8 lol) and I adjusted similarly in other shooters. Allows me to turn around quickly while (provided the controller i'm using isn't used to death) still allowing me precise control. Couple that with the bit of autoaim console shooters have and it's really not that bad using a controller.

The problem with turning the speed up is that you lose control. If you removed the HUGE amount of auto aim and bullet magnetism you'd either be slow as hell or flailing around like a mad person on consoles.

It's funny how people nowadays can make a game with no features and then market it as "no bullshit"

It's funny how people nowadays can make a game full of bullshit and market it as "features".

Anyway the game might be alright or it might be crap. I won't buy it until I know how good it is.

I really don't know what they're doing with their marketing. I understand that a select group of hardcore FPS gamers will love it, but to most average gamers its going to come off as "hey look, we took an FPS game and took out all the features that makes most modern FPS games unique and advertised our lack of features as a feature". I know theyre aiming for that hardcore FPS market, but considering this is a paid game, I get the feeling this thing is going to die after a few weeks max. I like their no bullshit philosophy, so I hope it works out since they seem to actually want to make something nice, but chances are, huge failure is ahead.

Build 1: CPU: Intel i5 2500k @ 4.7 GHz, GPU: GTX 660 Ti, Mobo: Asrock Z68 Pro3-M, RAM: 8GB Samsung "wonder ram" @ 2133 Storage: SanDisk Extreme 240GB

Build 2: CPU: Intel i7 4770K @ 4.6 GHz GPU: GTX 780, Mobo: Asus z87-Pro RAM: Same as build 1. Storage: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB

NAS: FreeNAS running on core 2 Quad Q8400, 8GB RAM, 6 x Seagate 2TB. Dont bother with SanDisk SSD's, just don't.

"hey look, we took an FPS game and took out all the features that makes most modern FPS games "unique" and advertised our lack of features as a feature".

unique

unique

unique

unique

Unique and modern FPS games don't belong in the same sentence.

The problem with turning the speed up is that you lose control. If you removed the HUGE amount of auto aim and bullet magnetism you'd either be slow as hell or flailing around like a mad person on consoles.

True, i've turned auto aim off on a few games that allow it. I could get used to it maybe but... I do rely on it a bit too heavily.

True, i've turned auto aim off on a few games that allow it. I could get used to it maybe but... I do rely on it a bit too heavily.

You can turn auto aim off in console games? Which ones and why would you do that? You are putting yourself at a huge disadvantage since everyone else has auto aim.