My official goodbye :)

ttam

You hate on the <16 y/o kids, but they make up a lot of the forums. You just take too much notice to the bad kids that post stuff about Anime and the like, and ignore the younger kids (like me) who are seriously trying to help.

CPU: i7-4770k CPU Cooler: NH-D14 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb GPU: EVGA Superclocked 780 ti MOBO: ASUS Maximus VI Gene PSU: Corsair RM 850 Case: Bitfenix Prodigy M

you guys have a surprising amount of these gifs prepared 

Yeah... I guess some people are waiting to pounce and do that.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

TL;DR - Forum vibe has gone down the toilet. The 16 and under kids completely ruin the forum. Your anime crap is stupid. Leave what you see on Reddit, on freaking Reddit. Take 60 seconds out of your time and Google your damn question, you see a lot there. This is (was) a tech forum so leave shit you see on your anime,game,manga,hentai forums where they started, not there. Stop posting useless shit on threads you have no idea wtf you are talking about.

Anyways. Cya people.

I honestly agree with you to an extent. Off-topic is terrible. Anime and memes are overused. Though I wouldn't talk about things you don't understand. Like how you lump anime and hentai together. I understand how closely related they are, but since hentai is strictly NSFW, I completely doubt it's been posted on this forum without being moderated immediately. 

Well considering how bitter your post is I say good riddance. Don't need that attitude here on the forum.

If he weren't right, I would agree with you.

I'll give you 2 days.

This.

but I kind of liked you ttam D:

I don't know who this person is. At all.

BIRIBIRI :DDD

This is exactly the reason I stopped being as active as I used to be. People like you just bitch and complain about the forum getting worse and don't actually try to do anything to change it. If you don't like something, try your hardest to ignore it, and if something doesn't feel appropriate, report it and move on. You don't need to dramatize it and call out a group of people. Most of the things you mentioned only happen in the off topic sub forum. I would say just ignore the off topic subforum completely and you'll get by with a happy life.

And how, exactly, do you propose we change it? We can't stop people from coming here and we can't prevent them from posting as they do. Our lack of interaction won't stop it. 

Off-topic has been slowly spilling over into other threads. It's one of the reasons some people consider it to be getting out of hand. 

tumblr_mq4o22BNNN1rby56yo1_500.gif

It makes it so much funnier because it came from you

This. LOL WM

Well bye. This attitude isn't a good thing for the forum. Without the younger generations wanting to be into tech, the industry will go nowhere.

It's fine so long as the younger generation doesn't bring with them the things that are asinine. And they are kinda doing that.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

ok guys, hes gone, we can put those animes away, it worked!

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

you guys have a surprising amount of these gifs prepared 

you bet your sweet butt we do!

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

You hate on the <16 y/o kids, but they make up a lot of the forums. You just take too much notice to the bad kids that post stuff about Anime and the like, and ignore the younger kids (like me) who are seriously trying to help.

I'd appreciate it if people would stop taking Anime and directly connecting it to the debauchery on the forums.

They're related, but my goodness, anime can be used for good and be appropriate. You just have to have common sense to use it as such. And many people lack this. Particularly teenagers, because that's just their nature.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

OH GOD I KNOW WHAT HAPPENED! TEK SYNDICATE STOLE HIM! D: 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

Off-topic has been slowly spilling over into other threads. It's one of the reasons some people consider it to be getting out of hand. 

This angers me the most as of right now with this forum. And the fact that you can't ignore OT in the recent topics feed. 

It's really only a few people and the new guy once in a while that seem to do it but it's incredibly annoying.

my god if I could be a janitor I would clean with the ferocity of a million kittens with mop paw attachments unlocked and armed. 

Error: 410

I'd appreciate it if people would stop taking Anime and directly connecting it to the debauchery on the forums.

They're related, but my goodness, anime can be used for good and be appropriate. You just have to have common sense to use it as such. And many people lack this. Particularly teenagers, because that's just their nature.

I realize that, anime is good and fun if you like that stuff, and it is kind of tech related and if it isn't put it in Off Topic and if you like that stuff look at it, if you don't, move on.

CPU: i7-4770k CPU Cooler: NH-D14 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb GPU: EVGA Superclocked 780 ti MOBO: ASUS Maximus VI Gene PSU: Corsair RM 850 Case: Bitfenix Prodigy M

OH GOD I KNOW WHAT HAPPENED! TEK SYNDICATE STOLE HIM! D: 

Got proof?

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

This is exactly the reason I stopped being as active as I used to be. People like you just bitch and complain about the forum getting worse and don't actually try to do anything to change it. If you don't like something, try your hardest to ignore it, and if something doesn't feel appropriate, report it and move on. You don't need to dramatize it and call out a group of people. Most of the things you mentioned only happen in the off topic sub forum. I would say just ignore the off topic subforum completely and you'll get by with a happy life.

Are you sure you're 12? Those are some good words there.

Ontopic: Bye bye! I remember seeing you around here

This angers me the most as of right now with this forum. And the fact that you can't ignore OT in the recent topics feed. 

It's really only a few people and the new guy once in a while that seem to do it but it's incredibly annoying.

my god if I could be a janitor I would clean with the ferocity of a million kittens with mop paw attachments unlocked and armed. 

me? D: 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

Got proof?

they dont have off topic there so they wouldnt have millions of anime pictures  need more proof? 

Specs

to_aru_kagaku_no_railgun_s-02-misaka-hap

tumblr_mq4o22BNNN1rby56yo1_500.gif

Anime%2Bwaving%2Bgoodbye.jpg

because I had to

21 years old here  B)

Pokemon_bye.gif

k-on_wave.gif

I always come prepared.

I honestly agree with you to an extent. Off-topic is terrible. Anime and memes are overused. Though I wouldn't talk about things you don't understand. Like how you lump anime and hentai together. I understand how closely related they are, but since hentai is strictly NSFW, I completely doubt it's been posted on this forum without being moderated immediately. 

If he weren't right, I would agree with you.

This.

I don't know who this person is. At all.

BIRIBIRI :DDD

And how, exactly, do you propose we change it? We can't stop people from coming here and we can't prevent them from posting as they do. Our lack of interaction won't stop it. 

This. LOL WM

It's fine so long as the younger generation doesn't bring with them the things that are asinine. And they are kinda doing that.

You guys all win 1 internet.

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

they dont have off topic there so they wouldnt have millions of anime pictures  need more proof? 

Oh god.... YOU'RE RIGHT!!!

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Spoiler

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Gold Contributor, Folding@Home Member, 1800 posts?

I can't see the correlation here.

CPU \\ i7-3770K@4.6GHz Motherboard \\ MSI MPower Z77 RAM \\ 16GB 1886 Patriot Viper 3 GPU \\ EVGA GTX 670 SC+ 4GB CASE \\ Corsair 600T SE White Storage \\ Western Digital Black 2TB PSU \\ Seasonic SS-760XP2 Cooling \\ H100i + 3 Swiftech Helix 120s 

This.

I consider it acceptable to post anime and memes on any thread as long as it is appropriate

If I'm talking to someone about using a ton of wattage (1200w+), I might use a Back to Future 1.21 Gigawattz meme because it's somewhat relevant. Or something similar. 

Just posting the "wat" meme, and absolutely nothing else when you don't understand something someone said, or they said something that doesn't make sense as it should be understood is stupid. 

That's the difference. Contextually, they should make sense. But in the "wat" example, that doesn't help the thread at all. Because the meme doesn't convey enough meaning to say "Hey, I don't understand what you mean, could you explain it better?" and is purely lazy and post farming.

I mention that specific example because I've seen it happen multiple times.

† Christian Member †

You know, a sad sounding song from my Halo soundtrack just came on, and now I'm actually kinda sadder...

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Spoiler

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler