"Rumor: Specs For Nintendo’s Next-Gen Systems Surface"

TopWargamer

http://gaminrealm.com/2014/01/21/nintendo-next-gen-system-specs/

http://www.gamesradar.com/nintendo-fusion-believable-prototype-or-outlandish-rumor/?utm_source=fb&utm_medium=emp

http://www.nintendonews.com/2014/01/nintendo-fusion-could-be-nintendos-next-gen-hardware-name/

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/131517-Rumor-Nintendo-Fusion-Is-Nintendos-New-Next-Gen-System

(Take the source with a grain of salt, obviously.)

RUMORED next-gen handheld from Nintendo:

FUSION DS

CPU: ARMv8-A Cortex-A53 GPU: Custom Adreno 420-based AMD GPU
COM MEMORY: 3 GB LPDDR3 (2 GB Games, 1 GB OS)
>2 130 mm DVGA (960 x 640) Capacitive Touchscreen
>Slide Out Design with Custom Swivel Tilt Hinge
>Upper Screen made of Gorilla Glass, Comes with Magnetic Cover
>Low End Vibration for Gameplay and App Alerts
>2 Motorized Circle Pads for Haptic Feedback
>Thumbprint Security Scanner with Pulse Sensing Feedback
>2 1mp Stereoptic Cameras
>Multi-Array Microphone
>A, B, X, Y, D-Pad, L, R, 1, 2 Buttons
>3 Axis Tuning Fork Gyroscope, 3 Axis Accelerometer, Magnetometer
>NFC Reader
>3G Chip with GPS Location
>Bluetooth v4.0 BLE Command Node used to Interface with Bluetooth Devices such as Cell Phones, Tablets
>16 Gigabytes of Internal Flash Storage (Possible Future Unit With 32 Gigbytes)
>Nintendo 3DS Cart Slot
>SDHC “Holographic Enhanced” Card Slot up to 128 Gigabyte Limit
>Mini USB I/O
>3300 mAh Li-Ion battery

RUMORED next gen home console from Nintendo:

FUSION TERMINAL

GPGPU: Custom Radeon HD RX 200 GPU CODENAME LADY (2816 shaders @ 960 MHz, 4.60 TFLOP/s, Fillrates: 60.6 Gpixel/s, 170 Gtexel/s)
CPU: IBM 64-Bit Custom POWER 8-Based IBM 8-Core Processor CODENAME JUMPMAN (2.2 GHz, Shared 6 MB L4 cache)
Co-CPU: IBM PowerPC 750-based 1.24 GHz Tri-Core Co-Processor CODENAME HAMMER
MEMORY: 4 Gigabytes of Unified DDR4 SDRAM CODENAME KONG, 2 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1600 MHz (12.8 GB/s) On Die CODENAMED BARREL
>802.11 b/g/n Wireless
>Bluetooth v4.0 BLE
>2 USB 3.0
>1 Coaxial Cable Input
>1 CableCARD Slot
>4 Custom Stream-Interface Nodes up to 4 Wii U GamePads or 4 DSc
>Versions with Disk Drive play Wii U Optical Disk (4 Layers Maximum), FUSION Holographic Versatile Disc (HVD) and Nintendo 3DS Card Slot.
>1 HDMI 2.0 1080p/4K Port
>Dolby TrueHD 5.1 or 7.1 Surround Sound
>Inductive Charging Surface for up to 4 FUSION DS or IC-Wii Remote Plus Controllers
>Two versions: Disk Slot Version with 60 Gigs of Internal Flash Storage and Diskless Version with 300 Gigs of Internal Flash Storage.

Ok ok ok, I REALLY want this rumor to be true, because if it is, Nintendo's going to be pumping out some fairly powerful consoles. The RUMORED handheld is looking to be quite powerful, and the RUMORED home console looks like (spec wise) it can go up against the PS4 and Xbox One. AGAIN, REMEMBER, that these are RUMORS. Take them with a grain of salt, but I think we all want them to be true.

So IF this is true, do you think more powerful systems will help Nintendo out after the plummet in WiiU sales expectations that they just had? IF it's true, when do you think Nintendo would release these consoles (or even announce them)?

COMIC SANS

not 720p? dang.

almost sounds like a cell phone tho. i hope it has a music player on it with 16gb of space and having to use 1gb of ram just for the OS

I spy some specs Identical to the 290x...

and then yet another IBM cpu (8 cores though)

I looked at the console specs, nearly shit myself.

However it seems a bit unbalanced, basically an R9 290x with 6gb total ram, i think thats not very future proof espeically when multi tasking is the new "thing" so to say. Then again this might be a nintendo steam box.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

not 720p? dang.

That's just for the rumored handheld. I mean, the 3DS's main screen is 800x240 and the touch screen is 320x240. So graphics on the 3DS are obviously not the best, but the games for it are amazing.

COMIC SANS

That's just for the rumored handheld. I mean, the 3DS's main screen is 800x240 and the touch screen is 320x240. So graphics on the 3DS are obviously not the best, but the games for it are amazing.

That's what they're known for. poor consoles but amazing games. at this time.

4k tho. i hope they make games playable@4k on the home console.

DDR4 @ 1600MHz?

Nevermind.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

I really want Nintendo to make a comeback and actually have a compelling alternative to the current consoles available. I love Nintendo products and their first party games, but their lack of 3rd party support and always being just a few steps behind graphically really impairs their ability to compete against microsoft and sony.

I personally hope that the next hand held is atleast 720p. I also wish that the main console has more RAM. Also, Nintendo better have something amazing up their sleeves for the next system!

Fusion Terminal? That sounds REALLY lame.

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

i believe its  all BS

anyways

"Adreno 420-based AMD GPU"

adreno amd gpu ?

its like saying Nvidia AMD Gpu

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Fusion Terminal? That sounds REALLY lame.

May just be a codename.

COMIC SANS

May just be a codename.

That's still weird.

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

The problem is that stuff like the 3DS and WiiU aren't revolutionary. The Wii sold cuz it had a new concept, movement driven controlles, yes maybe it wasn't that well implemented but I can tell you I had a lot of fun bowling in Wii sports with my family. It was a true family console with accesible games and controlles, that is what they did right. It wasn't for the hard core gamer, but the casual gamer I was at the time certainly enjoyed it, it was the first console I ever owned. Same goes for the DS, it was rugged, had a good system and was relatively cheap for its counter parts, there was a time when every1 had them. The 3Ds did nothing good or new (3d was just a stupid gimmick at the time and doesn't have any real value if the it isn't emersive) and the WiiU does nothing better then any other console, that controller is a xbox controller with a screen and has no movement possiblities, it is also underpowered and if you aim for the hard core gamer with out giving any of the feature that those gamers want you can't get succes. And because it does nearly nothing better then the normal Wii for most families there is no reason to replace the Wii, whcih still is the best way to get your friends angry whilest beating them in Super Smash Bros or Mario kart. 

Nintendo has great IP's but doens't use them, making a new Pokemon game for their DS platform isn't gonna do it alone. Make one for the WiiU (basicly the WiiU is an upscaled version of the DS the bottem screen is the controller and the top screen the TV), create great multiplayer. And of course for the next Wii type device they need to target the casual family gamer again with some really neat control system and good family games

What I posted earlier ^

Seems like those systems have a nice bit of power though. But I only really care about the control system, graphics are hard to anticipate with these weird systems like IBM core architecture.

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

Although having DDR4 and DDR3 in a system (for the OS/Developers) and GDDDR (5? 6?) for the GPU (perhaps) seems like a strange thing, I doubt motherboards could fit DDR3 & DDR4 at the same time.

Nintendo should just stick to making low end consoles. And not compete against Sony and Microsoft (PC is in another league by itself). I really like my 3DS XL, I just wished it had a 1080p screen, better battery life and enough hardware to run Pokemon and any other game with improved graphics at 60fps. We don't need all the bells and whistles of a smartphone because the DS is not a smart anything, it just needs to play some really good games. That is all we care about, games not stupid gimmicky things like 3D and cameras. You could remove all the cameras and mic's from the next DS and I would be even happier. Just make it play games really well and you will win Nintendo. Also please bring Pokemon bank to the UK, I need my Rayquaza and Typhlosion Duo.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

not 720p? dang.

almost sounds like a cell phone tho. i hope it has a music player on it with 16gb of space and having to use 1gb of ram just for the OS

This ^^ That's a huge disappointment imo. The screen on Nintendo's handheld should at least be 720p now.I know that people say it's not all about hardware but don't expect me to pay top dollar for something that isn't made with high end parts.

The home console specs look very interesting though. I'd definitely buy it granted it has good software and online connectivity. When is Nintendo going to understand that we live in the 21st century? Does that co-processor mean that the console will have backwards compatibility?

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

This is 100% fake. Announcing a new home console so soon would be suicide for Nintendo.

Don't believe me? Look at SEGA's past. They started rolling out new consoles almost every year. Their final console, the Dreamcast, was an amazing system, however, everyone lost faith in SEGA because they were pumping out so many consoles, so the Dreamcast got no support. There's no way Nintendo would make the same mistake as their past competitor.

As for the supposed new DS, launching a new DS would also be shooting themselves in the foot. The 3DS is booming right now, sales are very high. Why would Nintendo drop support for a system that is bringing in that much revenue? Especially in a time where they will need all the sales that they can get, it just makes zero sense for Nintendo to come out with either of these consoles.

Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition █ CPU: Intel i7-4790K █ GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780Ti █ RAM: 8GB AVEXIR DDR3 1600  █ Storage: 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD + 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD 

█ Monitor: 21.5" 1080p 60Hz  PSU: 700w █ Case: Fractal Define R4 █       ...LTT Dark Theme master race.

Project MiniConsole

Please no more gimmicky controllers.  Ever since the N64 days, Nintendo's been allergic to the standard controller layout that their very own SNES popularized back in the nineties.  I don't know why.

They want a "gimmicky" controller, just make this new handheld pair up with the console like what the PS4 and Vita are doing.

Current Rig: i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz, Corsair H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Asus GTX 970 Turbo, Patriot Viper Black Mamba 8 GB DDR-3 1600 (2x4GB), Sandisk 120 GB SSD + Seagate 500 GB HDD + WD Blue 1 TB HDD, XFX 750W Black Edition, Corsair 350D - https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/cbxrxr

Why are we overlooking HVD, 6TB optical disks, and their clear conflict with the paltry 300GB HDD.

Case: Thermaltake Versa H35 | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700x (@4.0Ghz) Cooling: Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite 240 | MOBO: Gigabyte AB350M-DS3H | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 16GB (2x8GB) 3333Mhz | GPU: MSI ARMOR 8GB OC GTX 1070 | Storage: SAMSUNG 970 EVO 250GB, 1TB Seagate 2.5" 5400RPM | PSU: Corsair CX750M

I believed it to be possibly true for a while, but then I saw the 3DS card slot and DDR4..

It just seems, not likely at all

But if all is true

I want it

Now.

Ryzen 7 5800X     Corsair H115i Platinum     ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)     G.Skill Trident Z 3600CL16 (@3800MHzCL16 and other tweaked timings)     

MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio    Corsair HX850     WD Black SN850 1TB     Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB     Samsung 840 EVO 500GB     Acer XB271HU 27" 1440p 165hz G-Sync     ASUS ProArt PA278QV     LG C8 55"     Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X Glass     Logitech G915      Logitech MX Vertical      Steelseries Arctis 7 Wireless 2019      Windows 10 Pro x64

Please no more gimmicky controllers.  Ever since the N64 days, Nintendo's been allergic to the standard controller layout that their very own SNES popularized back in the nineties.  I don't know why.

They want a "gimmicky" controller, just make this new handheld pair up with the console like what the PS4 and Vita are doing.

People need to get over the controller for the Wii U.  It is actually better than just using a regular one in many ways and it allows you to have different gaming experiences too.  In regards to the PS Vita it is crap.  I saw it try to play Madden and it ran like crud.  If it can run Madden right then how can I expect it to run anything else right?  Also the PS Vita no longer has an OLED screen so even more reason not to get it.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S