How do you heat your room in the winter?

pspfreak

My room is freezing regardless of the fact that I have 3 monitors, 2 computers, a home theater system, a laptop , lights, all that. It feels to be mid 60's. How do you heat your room when its 4 degrees F out?

Massive blanket. 3 layers of clothes and warm headphones. 

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

290X mining altcoins at 100% load. 

But seriously, a gas heater. It's an old one. Like, 1950's old. But it still works. Keeps it around 75-80F in here. I open doors when it gets too warm and bundle up with a blanket when it gets too cold otherwise.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I live in Canada and it has been below -40 here for 4 weeks. We use a normal furnace because nothing else could do the job.

Be Canadian :D

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

Yeah I can't get a space heater in here. My breaker probably couldn't take it. Running a heat gun brings my voltage from 115v down to 106v.

I run a gtx 480 at my feet

Man I wish I had a 480 compared to my 560ti right now.

I live in Canada and I can tell you, nothing better than an AMD card to heat up your room ;)

I remember my old AMD laptop (single core POS) used to get so hot under load.... even idle.

This was back when Ati was making graphics cards.

I live in miami....

Naples, it got down to 55 degrees today, had to where pants and a hoodie.

Intel i5 3570K - ASRock Extreme4 - Corsair Vengeance 8Gb RAM - ASUS GTX 660 Ti - Samsung 840 250Gb SSD (OS-Games) - WD 750Gb HDD (Storage) - Corsair TX650W PSU - Corsair 300R

I live in miami....

So you open your window?

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

Get on my level scrub, it's -17F here. I don't ever get cold, but if I do get cold I simply open up prime95 and msi kombustor

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

I don't know what Canada I live in buts its not that cold. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

a GTX 670 OC. but my desk sits in front of my window so the cold air drifts down onto my desk and right into my lap. my rig stays nice and cool

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

Use a snuggie

And if its -30 use 2!

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

Get on my level scrub, it's -17F here. I don't ever get cold, but if I do get cold I simply open up prime95 and msi kombustor

that is cute it has been -51F where i live, for a month straight, and it is currently 5*F with a drop to -30*F to happen on Friday overnight

that is cute it has been -51F where i live, for a month straight, and it is currently 5*F with a drop to -30*F to happen on Friday overnight

° not *