So I got scammed by an amazon just launched seller

coolcommando54
Go to solution Solved by aisle9,

File an A to Z Guarantee claim. Done.

Correct me if this is in the wrong place but I didn't know if it was cpu enough to be in the cpu category.

Recently decided to buy a ryzen 2600 on amazon. Picked one up from a seller called "Benz Lams" for £125 and then it never got posted. Messaged amazon, they said some bullshit like "they were unable to sell it". Has anybody else had this experience? And is there any way I can take advantage of the situation? Thanks

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

1 minute ago, aisle9 said:

Forgot to mention that I got a refund. Can I get a voucher for a real amazon one tho or is that edging my bets lmao

If you got a refund, where's the complaint?  If you want to purchase another chip from a different user/seller, then go ahead and use the money that you got from the refund.  Why should Amazon issue a voucher for something that you already got a refund on?  Sort of like getting a cake and presents for your b-day instead of just the cake OR the presents.  Can't have both.

Just now, kb5zue said:

If you got a refund, where's the complaint?  If you want to purchase another chip from a different user/seller, then go ahead and use the money that you got from the refund.  Why should Amazon issue a voucher for something that you already got a refund on?  Sort of like getting a cake and presents for your b-day instead of just the cake OR the presents.  Can't have both.

Amazon was selling the processor for 150 and is now selling it for 170, so I've lost out because of waiting for something that would never come

4 minutes ago, coolcommando54 said:

Forgot to mention that I got a refund. Can I get a voucher for a real amazon one tho or is that edging my bets lmao

No. You got a refund.

You can't get something for nothing. Amazon ain't obligated to give you shit, just because the price fluctuated.

⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷
⠀⣿⣿⡆⠀⢸⣿⣿⣾⡇⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣗⣻⡻⠿⠁
⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁

2 minutes ago, coolcommando54 said:

Amazon was selling the processor for 150 and is now selling it for 170, so I've lost out because of waiting for something that would never come

Give it a couple weeks, tops. It'll be back down to $150 (if not lower).

Ummm How long ago did you actually buy the thing?

https://fr.camelcamelcamel.com/AMD-YD2600BBAFBOX-Processeur-RYZEN5-Socket/product/B07B41WS48?context=search

You have one of 3 choices.

1. Buy now waste $20 (not wasting, since you apparently waste a whole lot of time)
  2. Wait and risk paying more
  3. Go and find a B&M store that might have it on sale for less

I would go with either 1 or 3, if you decide for 2 and win great congrats, but you risk paying more. That said with Black Friday coming up there is a chance it will go for less.

28 minutes ago, Ross Siggers said:

You can't get something for nothing. Amazon ain't obligated to give you shit, just because the price fluctuated.

I think they actually wanted to try to con Amazon out of a CPU for free because they permitted such a person on their platform...

It's the equivalent as one demanding Ebay to buy them Canada because some troll put Canada up for sale and they won the auction with a $1 bid... (and I swear something along this lines happened when Ebay was new).

But yes Amazon followed threw their legal requirements, any personal economical value loss is not their fault. (and it's also stated in their ToS)

Basically wait to regain economic value and risk more loss... Besides who would do such a thing on new CPUs anyways ?

45 minutes ago, coolcommando54 said:

no you haven't. You got back exactly what you spent. prices on things change all the time. There will be very very very few stores that would honor a price change after you bought something and none of them would offer compensation after you were already refunded

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

7 minutes ago, Arika S said:

There will be very very very few stores that would honor a price change after you bought something.

Especially as it wasn't an item direct from amazon it sounds like.

⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷
⠀⣿⣿⡆⠀⢸⣿⣿⣾⡇⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣗⣻⡻⠿⠁
⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁

3 hours ago, coolcommando54 said:

Hate to tell you this, but it isn't Amazon's fault that you waited.

3 hours ago, coolcommando54 said:

Correct me if this is in the wrong place but I didn't know if it was cpu enough to be in the cpu category.

Recently decided to buy a ryzen 2600 on amazon. Picked one up from a seller called "Benz Lams" for £125 and then it never got posted. Messaged amazon, they said some bullshit like "they were unable to sell it". Has anybody else had this experience? And is there any way I can take advantage of the situation? Thanks

you can make a strong case to the amazon costumer service, explain how disappointed you are, how you needed this cpu for something, and now your time is wasted and it is selling for more. Be polite, and they may give you either some free amazon prime or maybe even a little amazon credit. But this is really too much of a hassle. be polite

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K @4.9 GHz 6-Core Processor CPU Cooler: be quiet! - Dark Rock Pro 3 67.8 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing CPU CoolerMotherboard: MSI - Z370I GAMING PRO CARBON AC Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard Memory: PNY - Anarchy 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 @3000 MemoryStorage: 960 evo 500gbVideo Card:place holderCase: Phanteks - Enthoo EVOLV ITX TG (Black) Mini ITX Desktop Case Power Supply:SeaSonic - EVO Edition 620W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply Case Fan: be quiet! - SilentWings 3 pwm 59.5 CFM  140mm Fan Case Fan: be quiet! - SilentWings 3 PWM High-Speed 73.3 CFM  120mm Fan Case Fan: be quiet! - SilentWings 3 PWM High-Speed 73.3 CFM  120mm Fan Monitor: Dell - S2716DG 27.0" 2560x1440 144Hz Monitor Mouse: Place holder Sony H.ear on Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphone, Charcoal Black (MDR100ABN/B)  LEOBOG K26 Wired RGB Mechanical Keyboard,Gaming Keyboard,RGB Color Backlight,104 Key,Anti-Ghosting For Full Key,Blue Switches,Aluminum Chassis,Detachable wrist rest,PC,Computer, Laptop,BLACK (Black)EZDIY-FAB Sleeved Cable - Cable extension for power supply with extra-sleeved 24 PIN 8PIN 6PIN 4+4 PIN With COMBS- Black Grey

pcpartpicker: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/resdal42/saved/sCW6XL

16 hours ago, Arika S said:

no you haven't. You got back exactly what you spent. prices on things change all the time. There will be very very very few stores that would honor a price change after you bought something and none of them would offer compensation after you were already refunded

Youre seeing the race to the bottom mentality of wanting something for free and still shopping there after the guy got scammed already. That greedy irrational mentality has helped amazon spread and become the plague that it is today. 

5 hours ago, Amazonsucks said:

Youre seeing the race to the bottom mentality of wanting something for free and still shopping there after the guy got scammed already. That greedy irrational mentality has helped amazon spread and become the plague that it is today. 

The thing is no one including Amazon forced them to buy 3rd party... None of OPs issues where caused by Amazon, but by themselves trying to save themselves a buck. The 3rd party seller issue was fixed by them within their ToS/Policies and the seller possibly got removed from their platform.

Is Amazon the best? No, but they did what they had to do legally and yet here you are bashing those who have stated nothing less? Amazon like anywhere else (less laws that may apply) doesn't need to honor past pricing because YOU yes YOU wanted to cheap out by going 3rd party. It is a risk you take if you've never dealt with said person in the past, and still a risk every time after due to postal change of owners or possibly said person said F it F everyone, Ima going to steal their cash.

9 hours ago, Egg-Roll said:

The thing is no one including Amazon forced them to buy 3rd party... None of OPs issues where caused by Amazon, but by themselves trying to save themselves a buck. The 3rd party seller issue was fixed by them within their ToS/Policies and the seller possibly got removed from their platform.

Is Amazon the best? No, but they did what they had to do legally and yet here you are bashing those who have stated nothing less? Amazon like anywhere else (less laws that may apply) doesn't need to honor past pricing because YOU yes YOU wanted to cheap out by going 3rd party. It is a risk you take if you've never dealt with said person in the past, and still a risk every time after due to postal change of owners or possibly said person said F it F everyone, Ima going to steal their cash.

Whose responsibility is it to vet their sellers on their "platform"?

Amazon does give extra refund/coupon/offers etc if some problem arises and Amazon is itself the seller. I have got 1 month extra Prime, $10 coupons, free shipping when Amazon itself messed up.

You usually dont get anything for thirdparty sellers.

Don't click the button for refund/replacement.

You have to contact Amazon customer service and ask for refund/replacement personally.

5 hours ago, Amazonsucks said:

Whose responsibility is it to vet their sellers on their "platform"?

They are no different than eBay, Best Buy or NewEgg. What you are suggesting is almost impossible to enforce w/o putting Amazon and said companies into financial crisis. Not to mention the cooperation of every party including the 3rd parties suppliers which could be auction sites liquidators or impossible to source like garage sales...

This is why when you register as a seller you agree to new terms of service and use on top of the already agreed upon ones when you first registered your account. So no Amazon is doing what they can, the best they can. You can keep hating on them with such stupid methodologies or you can actually realize controlling tens of thousands possibly millions of sellers (this means requesting POs and check them) on top of millions of clients all of whom could be trying to scam one another and Amazon as well. So lets turn the tables here, prove to me you are not one of those users who has scammed amazon out money by claiming things wrongfully costing not only amazon but everyone else money. See? the door goes both ways. Amazon in 3rd party cases is simply a middle man nothing more, each middle man has limited liabilities and legal obligations, if amazon thought it is a supply issue and the seller failed to refund the money or notify the buyer that could be grounds for being removed from the platform. However if they came to the conclusion of the seller being a scammer the chances are their account will be locked and all funds held onto/lost from the seller much like how eBay and PayPal functions.

So yes Amazon has to protect the customer, however they can't take full blame if the customer didn't do due diligence or the seller failed at doing their end that is outside of logical control of Amazon. Whether or not this is the case idk(due diligence), but I do know two things. One OP is trying to take Amazon for a ride trying to scam them out of a product after refunding their cash, and two Amazon did their full obligation by providing a full refund.

4 hours ago, Egg-Roll said:

They are no different than eBay, Best Buy or NewEgg. What you are suggesting is almost impossible to enforce w/o putting Amazon and said companies into financial crisis. Not to mention the cooperation of every party including the 3rd parties suppliers which could be auction sites liquidators or impossible to source like garage sales...

This is why when you register as a seller you agree to new terms of service and use on top of the already agreed upon ones when you first registered your account. So no Amazon is doing what they can, the best they can. You can keep hating on them with such stupid methodologies or you can actually realize controlling tens of thousands possibly millions of sellers (this means requesting POs and check them) on top of millions of clients all of whom could be trying to scam one another and Amazon as well. So lets turn the tables here, prove to me you are not one of those users who has scammed amazon out money by claiming things wrongfully costing not only amazon but everyone else money. See? the door goes both ways. Amazon in 3rd party cases is simply a middle man nothing more, each middle man has limited liabilities and legal obligations, if amazon thought it is a supply issue and the seller failed to refund the money or notify the buyer that could be grounds for being removed from the platform. However if they came to the conclusion of the seller being a scammer the chances are their account will be locked and all funds held onto/lost from the seller much like how eBay and PayPal functions.

So yes Amazon has to protect the customer, however they can't take full blame if the customer didn't do due diligence or the seller failed at doing their end that is outside of logical control of Amazon. Whether or not this is the case idk(due diligence), but I do know two things. One OP is trying to take Amazon for a ride trying to scam them out of a product after refunding their cash, and two Amazon did their full obligation by providing a full refund.

First off, Amazon going bankrupt is a good thing for the economy. 

Secondly, im not gullible enough to use the marketplace from any retailer like Newegg or Best Buy. 

On 10/29/2018 at 1:47 PM, Amazonsucks said:

Secondly, im not gullible enough to use the marketplace from any retailer like Newegg or Best Buy. 

Actually Amazon like Wal-Mart if they where to go under would actually cause a huge issue in commerce. They took out places (along side Target/Wal-mart) like Future Shop, The source (tho still exists not as big) etc and have made things more affordable (lowering profits on those who are greedy). You remove them stock levels in stores would plummet, forcing prices to increase. While most things are nonessential that doesn't mean them going under would be a good thing due to the ripple effect. This includes layoffs in the over all cargo industry, you know people who get paid likely more than you?

Simply put IF they ever needed to be bailed out and the gov had to choose Amazon or GM (it will likely come again), they'll likely choose Amazon due to the much larger economical effect it has not just on US soil but internationally as well.

Yet here you are hating Amazon for such practices? You know NE and BB both copied Amazon right? I won't buy from a marketplace user unless I've dealt with them in the past, and I have a few that are still around, one or 2 but that is all...

Black Friday is coming just wait for that dip in prices.

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

On 10/29/2018 at 1:47 PM, Amazonsucks said:

If Amazon went under today, it would torpedo the economy. If Amazon went under because bigger or better competitors came along, well, different story.

I don't understand what you have against BB and Newegg. Where do you shop? You seem like the type of demon customer that buys something from me on eBay, then sends me 14 pictures of a scuff the size of a pinhead and wants 50% of their money back.

On 10/27/2018 at 4:17 PM, coolcommando54 said:

And is there any way I can take advantage of the situation?

That would be theft for you to take advantage of amazon and the seller. Theft is such a petty crime, its not worth it on your criminal record. One could argue certain things are well worth doing the time for the crime.

On 10/28/2018 at 12:23 AM, kb5zue said:

Who doesn't get cake and presents though?

7 minutes ago, Supportsneedlove said:

Who doesn't get cake and presents though?

Once you reach 18

Low Income families

3rd worlders