Lightning strikes again, raising the bar on the 290x

brownninja97

MSI-Raden-R9-290X-Lightning-11-850x528.j

The cooler looks the same from this angle however it is different, ever so slightly and it will be noticeable in the next picture. It still has the tri frozr fans from the other coolers and all the standard tech that comes with that.

MSI-Raden-R9-290X-Lightning-41-850x566.j

Whereas before the card was about 2.5 pci lanes it is now three. This is due to a bigger heatsink meaning better cooling hell yeah. Also this man has a hairy arm. Im not sure if that is a bad plate there but its likely thats there is one there. There is no release date but its likely to be out in January or early February. 

MSI-Radeon-R9-290X-Lightning-PCB-front-8

And how could i forget, it has three power connectors needed, two 8pin and one 6pin, it also has that sexy 512 bit NVIDIA TAKE NOTE, with a 12+3+2 power phase design which is pretty god damn awesome.

Early reports say that this can run crysis but we cant be sure. 

http://videocardz.com/48647/msi-shows-radeon-r9-290x-lightning

And what the hell is up with videocardz, it says the article is 3 minutes old and then i write this and it says 6 hours ago.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Duudeee! ;O it is a miracle that the PCI-e connector doesn't  break! 

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

I love the lightening models towards the end of this year I may get a 28x or a 290 if it drops in price

Check out my current projects: Selling site (Click Here)

If($reply == "for me to see"){

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

$action = "Leave me alone!";

}

I love the lightening models towards the end of this year I may get a 28x or a 290 if it drops in price

Im still waiting for a lightning radeon 6450.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Probably still won't keep the card cool.

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

This card looks amazing!  Would love to see some benchmarks of it.

You'll completely change your mind by the end of the year as the next set of cards will be out in nearly released.

Probably still won't keep the card cool.

The Asus 290X DCUII cooler kept the card at below 80C at full load, I'm pretty sure this will as well.

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

Cool, I like the lightning cards but I feel like if I buy one it will mess up my color scheme.

"Anything that makes a console more like a PC, makes it better" 

-Linus Sebastian

This card looks amazing!  Would love to see some benchmarks of it.

You'll completely change your mind by the end of the year as the next set of cards will be out in nearly released.

The Asus 290X DCUII cooler kept the card at below 80C at full load, I'm pretty sure this will as well.

aha that was the plan

Check out my current projects: Selling site (Click Here)

If($reply == "for me to see"){

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

$action = "Leave me alone!";

}

One of my dream card to watercool and try to get as high as possible with the added power delivery.

Sold, please take my coin nowz.

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

Hey....

My arm is that hairy. 

:(

I think its ironic because im a fucking gorilla, no shit my makes his arm look like a desert, not a hot one because that has cactus and stuff, im talking the Arctic desert.

Listen if you care.