Is is eBay deal legit?

Snotburger

WHAT IS THIS DEAL??

I was looking through some desktops, hoping to find a serviceable pc to use and modify when I come across this...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RGB-Intel-Core-i5-Gaming-PC-GTX-1060-8GB-RAM-240GB-SSD-VR-Ready-Desktop-Computer/113323786238?hash=item1a629fbffe:g:OqAAAOSwahlbzZ7k

Is this real? I can't tell if I'm dreaming. There is NO WAY somebody would be selling all of this gear for $US70!!

Just now, _d0nut said:

If the deal is too good to be true, then it is too good to be true.

lol wut

5 minutes ago, Snotburger said:

WHAT IS THIS DEAL??

I was looking through some desktops, hoping to find a serviceable pc to use and modify when I come across this...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RGB-Intel-Core-i5-Gaming-PC-GTX-1060-8GB-RAM-240GB-SSD-VR-Ready-Desktop-Computer/113323786238?hash=item1a629fbffe:g:OqAAAOSwahlbzZ7k

Is this real? I can't tell if I'm dreaming. There is NO WAY somebody would be selling all of this gear for $US70!!

If it seems to good to be true. It is

Rule i live buy when it comes to second hand stuff

They offer returns... is it fake... probably... but then you just return it anyway...

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

PC in pictures seem to have AMD platform and a recent MSI motherboard. 

PC in listing has i5 2500. 

All I want to say is that someone went through a lot of trouble with this scam listing, but that effort wasn't enough :)

Ex-EX build: Liquidfy C+... R.I.P.

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

Ryzen 5 1600x @4.0 GHz/1.4V – sold

Gigabyte X370 Aorus Gaming K7 – sold

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB @3200 Mhz – sold

Alpenfoehn Brocken 3 Black Edition – it's somewhere

Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse – ded

Intel SSD 660p 1TB – sold

be Quiet! Straight Power 11 750w – sold

3 minutes ago, Snotburger said:

lol wut

Haha sorry, I'm really tired and thought that sentence would be coherent in my head. 

1 minute ago, Quadriplegic said:

PC in pictures seem to have AMD platform and a recent MSI motherboard. 

PC in listing has i5 2500. 

All I want to say is that someone went through a lot of trouble with this scam listing, but that effort wasn't enough :)

Scammers are getting more clever nowadays so it's not surprising they are putting more effort into scams consider most people are switched onto the regular scams

1 minute ago, seoz said:

The PC in the picture looks to have a Maxwell Nvidia founders card. That's enough of a sign that it's not real.

How the f can you tell it's a maxwell card?

I bought a gtx 1060 for 75 € on eBay and the account was hacked. I knew this was highly likely so I paid with PayPal and got my money back. 

SYSTEM SPECS

Case: RGB gaming case with 3x 120mm RGB fans and remote control

Processor: Intel i5-2500 quad core processor 3.3GHz (3.7GHz turbo)

Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 w/ 3GB GDDR5 memory
(brand name may vary, no performance impact)

Memory: 8GB dual channel DDR3 memory

Motherboard: Intel LGA 1155 motherboard
(brand name may vary, no performance impact)

Hard Drive: 240GB SATAIII 6GB/s Solid State SSD drive

Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit

Sound: 5.1 Channel surround HD audio

Network: Realtek Ethernet controller, WiFi ready

Connectors: HDMI, DVI, and DisplayPort
9x USB ports, 1x headphone jack, 1x Mic jack, 1x Ethernet port

FREE 802.11 a/b/g/n Wireless (WIFI) Adapter

probably will get a trash case, the i5, one of those chinese gtx 650 disguised as a 1060, a destroid sdd, and some weird ram.

3 minutes ago, Tcrumpen said:

How the f can you tell it's a maxwell card?

cause the fan side is flat. The 10 series had these sharp edges

Upon a quick review of the ad I was going to say the only way it could be legit is if the price was an accident, in that it was meant to be $699.99

But upon closer review and finding the CPU is an i5-2500 this demonstrated to me something I really despise about some people that try and sell CPU's/PC's. By saying that it is an i5 they're not lying but they're also not really disclosing how good the CPU/PC is. The fact that in the fine print we learn that it is an i5-2500 and therefore the first generation when Intel started using the whole i3/i5/i7/i9 kind of number scheme we learn that the CPU is really old and unlikely to be new, even though the ad says the PC is new, starts screaming scam all over.

Sad thing is at time of writing I can see one has been sold, unless that's part of the ruse by having another account they also run purchase one to make it look like it's safe.

Other stand out thing is the account has only got a feedback score of 20. Whilst I agree everyone has to start  somewhere this should suggest that possibly it is a hacked account.

Upon reviewing the sellers history we find that the account was created in 2008 and has only sold 2 items and been used to purchase items mainly. So to be selling "new" PC's all of a sudden strongly suggests that the account has been hacked.

fake as fuck and was taken down right as I was looking at it. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Did a google search for some of the text in the listing and got these

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RGB-Intel-Core-i5-Gaming-PC-GTX-1060-16GB-RAM-240G-SSD-VR-Ready-Desktop-Computer-/263963998964

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RGB-Intel-i5-Quad-Core-Gaming-PC-GTX-1060-16GB-RAM-240GB-SSD-Desktop-Computer-/263794432981

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RGB-Intel-i5-Quad-Core-Gaming-PC-GTX-1060-8GB-RAM-240GB-SSD-Desktop-Computer-/263951462783

All of which look legit, it looks like the listing in the OP has taken parts of these genuine listings to appear more legit. OP listing is pretty much guaranteed to be a scam.

2 hours ago, Ben Quigley said:

They offer returns... is it fake... probably... but then you just return it anyway...

Always a good recommendation to knowing buy something fake just to go thru the hassle of returning it when you get it and see that it's... fake.

"Do what makes the experience better" - in regards to PCs and Life itself.

Onyx AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d / MSI 6900xt Gaming X Trio / Gigabyte B650 AORUS Pro AX / G. Skill Flare X5 6000CL36 32GB / Samsung 980 1TB x3 / Super Flower Leadex V Platinum Pro 850 / EK-AIO 360 Basic / Fractal Design North XL (black mesh) / AOC AGON 35" 3440x1440 100Hz / Mackie CR5BT / Corsair Virtuoso SE / Cherry MX Board 3.0 / Logitech G502

7800X3D - PBO -30 all cores, 4.90GHz all core, 5.05GHz single core, 18286 C23 multi, 1779 C23 single

Emma : i9 9900K @5.1Ghz - Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti - Gigabyte AORUS Z370 Gaming 5 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3200CL16 - 750 EVO 512GB + 2x 860 EVO 1TB (RAID0) - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm - Fractal Design Define R6 - TP-Link AC1900 PCIe Wifi

Raven: AMD Ryzen 5 5600x3d - ASRock B550M Pro4 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 3200Mhz - XFX Radeon RX6650XT - Samsung 980 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB - TP-Link AC600 USB Wifi - Gigabyte GP-P450B PSU -  Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L -  Samsung 27" 1080p

Plex : AMD Ryzen 5 5600 - Gigabyte B550M AORUS Elite AX - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 2400Mhz - MSI 1050Ti 4GB - Crucial P3 Plus 500GB + WD Red NAS 4TBx2 - TP-Link AC1200 PCIe Wifi - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - ASUS Prime AP201 - Spectre 24" 1080p

Steam Deck 512GB OLED

OnePlus: 

OnePlus 11 5G - 16GB RAM, 256GB NAND, Eternal Green

OnePlus Buds Pro 2 - Eternal Green

Other Tech:

- 2021 Volvo S60 Recharge T8 Polestar Engineered - 415hp/495tq 2.0L 4cyl. turbocharged, supercharged and electrified.

Lenovo 720S Touch 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400MHz, 512GB NVMe SSD, 1050Ti, 4K touchscreen

MSI GF62 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400 MHz, 256GB NVMe SSD + 1TB 7200rpm HDD, 1050Ti

- Ubiquiti Amplifi HD mesh wifi

This deal is about as legit as my contract to be a TechLinked presenter... 

BUT HEY I want to be proved wrong... :D 

⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷
⠀⣿⣿⡆⠀⢸⣿⣿⣾⡇⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣗⣻⡻⠿⠁
⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁

The link now shows something else entirely or at least this is my assumption because what I'm seeing is too close to being reasonable to warrant such comments in this thread.

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones

2 minutes ago, Lathlaer said:

The link now shows something else entirely or at least this is my assumption because what I'm seeing is much closer to being reasonable to warrant such comments in this thread.

Seems to be completely different listing. 
Different photos, different description, different price, different seller

Ex-EX build: Liquidfy C+... R.I.P.

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

Ryzen 5 1600x @4.0 GHz/1.4V – sold

Gigabyte X370 Aorus Gaming K7 – sold

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB @3200 Mhz – sold

Alpenfoehn Brocken 3 Black Edition – it's somewhere

Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse – ded

Intel SSD 660p 1TB – sold

be Quiet! Straight Power 11 750w – sold

>seller deals in motorcycle salvage.

Come on OP, this isn't hard.

https://i.gyazo.com/9ebcb4e5c481bf6687216210fab1cc44.png

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

6 hours ago, _d0nut said:

If the deal is too good to be true, then it is fake

You couldnt be more wrong, slide in "probably" then you are more accurate.

There are deals out there that are awesome and great.

Example: Rich people for example will throw up a sale item for a "too good to be true" price, but its just a rich person clearing out the garage. Another example is that the seller has no idea what the true value of the item is. Another example, well this could go on and on and on and on but you get the drift.

Its just too easy to generalize!

idk if i am the only one having any issue, but when I open that link, it brings me to a Dell OptiPlex 760 SFF Core 2 Duo 2.66Ghz