How to get job at linus tech tips?

AbCd

Hey guys 

This might feel an awkward question to some of you, but I am totally fascinated about the stuff linus does.

I work in a Multinational company currently ( intel) but I find it looks more fun what linus does with freedom of experimentation.

So linus if you or your team member reads this please let me know how I work with you guys 

The make a video anytime they're hiring for someone as far as I know, so just watch the channel and if something comes up that you can do, put your name in

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Well Intel does employ multiple thousands of employees from janitors to CEO's and everything in between.

Basic info such as

What is your area of expertise?

What is your education?

What are your hobbies?

Are you a citizen of Canada and you can legally work in Canada?

How can you benefit Linus' company?

What will you add to Linus' company?

You do realize Vancouver has the highest rental rates in all of Canada, Burnaby is high too. I got no clue what Surrey's would be, where Linus is located.

http://www.rentseeker.ca/blog/index.php/average-rent-prices-for-apartment-rentals/2158

Infographic: RentSeeker.ca

But the regular means of obtaining any job is showing up to the job site in appropriate attire with a cover letter and a resume having a warm and welcoming demeanor and a smile and a solid firm handshake and some banter to start things off, then tell Linus about your qualifications and skills.

29 minutes ago, AbCd said:

Hey guys 

This might feel an awkward question to some of you, but I am totally fascinated about the stuff linus does.

I work in a Multinational company currently ( intel) but I find it looks more fun what linus does with freedom of experimentation.

So linus if you or your team member reads this please let me know how I work with you guys 

True, but knowing someone in the company is literally the best method for getting a job with a company.

Are you maxxed out in growth opportunity at Intel or is it a dead end job?

You might want to reconsider if your paid well for your skill set.

Maybe go back to school and obtain more skills.

11 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

The make a video anytime they're hiring for someone as far as I know, so just watch the channel and if something comes up that you can do, put your name in

Do this.  Please don't show up with a cover letter, it'll just be awkward.

Floatplane is/was hiring.

Check the WAN show when they upload it, Luke announced two apot (on two separate streams), but I don't know if it's still up for grabs.

Also, be qualified for the position they want, that'll give you a higher chance of being employed.

Keep in mind tho, they usually just hire people who already live in Canada afaik; less hassle.

They're a huge internet presence, and everyone wants to work there. You'll have to get their attention somehow.

Show up at their office. 

Wear something attention grabbing. Since they're into tech, wear tech. Make a loin cloth out of GPUs or something. 

You'll want to show that you're ready to unbox stuff, so carry an open box cutter in your hand

Since Linus is always yelling in his videos, you need to yell louder, and never stop yelling. 

The door will be locked and they wont let you in. Wait behind parked cars for someone to go in and bust in behind them. 

You want to go straigt to management- Linus is upstairs, so that's where you want to go. Shove past anyone who tries to stop you. This is a good time to start yelling in case Linus is in earshot. 

When you're upstairs Linus might lock himself in his office. It's ok, there's a giant tempered glass window on his door, but if you've prepared you have one of these hanging on your gpu loincloth https://www.amazon.com/Petutu-Emergency-Escape-Safety-Breaker/dp/B078ST9NX6

Once you've broken the office door window, you need to gain Linus' favor, so try a sexual favor. Don't ask, just do. I don't know what your size is but I'm 99% sure you're larger than he is, so use your size to your advantage. 

While attempting to do him a favor, tell him all of he wonderful thing you can bring to the company. Remember: Do not stop yelling!

This is how NIck Light did it

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

3 hours ago, Syntaxvgm said:

They're a huge internet presence, and everyone wants to work there. You'll have to get their attention somehow.

Show up at their office. 

This is how NIck Light did it

What the heck man it's not cool to spread my personal info like that wtf.

I know you were just memeing but I feel like it's very important to say that I do not recommend showing up at our office with a resume and cover letter. I don't think we've ever hired someone who showed up at our door, even if we were hiring at that time. We have a very private work culture that requires little disturbance, so if you show up at our door unannounced, it may make you stand out in the wrong way.

Attractive attributes for us:

Experience in the field - important but not necessarily a must (which field depends on what job we're hiring for at that time)

The ability to work in Canada (it's a gigantic pain in the ass to get people here)

A curiosity for tech (it wouldn't be uncommon for us to consider someone who has experience doing crazy mods in their off-time over someone who has worked in tech PR for 10 years - we're looking to push the boundary and make mistakes along the way, an intimate knowledge of PC hardware & accessories can be taught, an innate drive & curiosity is often something that has to be created within oneself)

Autonomy and flexibility (this is the kind of place where EVERY workday is different, and is often very self-driven. If you want to come in on Monday and know exactly what your work week is going to look like, you're barking up the wrong tree)

After that it's pretty role dependent.

We don't typically look at resumes on a regular basis (outside of actual hiring periods), so as others have said, the best course of action is just to keep your eye on the channel and see if we make a job posting announcement (we typically make a specific video to announce, but if not we'll just discuss it on WAN Show).

Best of luck :D 

3 hours ago, Syntaxvgm said:

You'll have to get their attention somehow.

Perhaps if the potential employee of Linus' is a Jim Carey like person that can make outrageous silly faces, that potential candidate might have a HUGE chance working side by side with Linus!

15 minutes ago, nicklmg said:

What the heck man it's not cool to spread my personal info like that wtf.

I know you were just memeing but I feel like it's very important to say that I do not recommend showing up at our office with a resume and cover letter. I don't think we've ever hired someone who showed up at our door, even if we were hiring at that time. We have a very private work culture that requires little disturbance, so if you show up at our door unannounced, it may make you stand out in the wrong way.

Attractive attributes for us:

Experience in the field - important but not necessarily a must (which field depends on what job we're hiring for at that time)

The ability to work in Canada (it's a gigantic pain in the ass to get people here)

A curiosity for tech (it wouldn't be uncommon for us to consider someone who has experience doing crazy mods in their off-time over someone who has worked in tech PR for 10 years - we're looking to push the boundary and make mistakes along the way, an intimate knowledge of PC hardware & accessories can be taught, an innate drive & curiosity is often something that has to be created within oneself)

Autonomy and flexibility (this is the kind of place where EVERY workday is different, and is often very self-driven. If you want to come in on Monday and know exactly what your work week is going to look like, you're barking up the wrong tree)

After that it's pretty role dependent.

We don't typically look at resumes on a regular basis (outside of actual hiring periods), so as others have said, the best course of action is just to keep your eye on the channel and see if we make a job posting announcement (we typically make a specific video to announce, but if not we'll just discuss it on WAN Show).

Best of luck :D 

What is your salary? 

1 minute ago, DaPhuc said:

You pay tax? 

No, report me to the IRS.

Just now, nicklmg said:

?

It's pointless when I don't have your info.

28 minutes ago, nicklmg said:

Somewhere between $30 and $3 million per decade

You might as well as say my salary is anywhere from 0 to positive infinity per the life time of the universe. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

9 minutes ago, wasab said:

You might as well as say my salary is anywhere from 0 to positive infinity per the life time of the universe. 

but isn't it funner to use harder numbers

Nothing to see here, move along

1 hour ago, nicklmg said:

me: hello?

irs: hi, why are you calling

me: dis person is evading taxes

irs: who?

me: uhhh... Nick..

irs: nick who?

me: just Nick

irs: sir we cant do anything unless we know his full name..

me: umm.. Nick LMG

irs: *click*

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  Quote for a reply  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*   Ask for discord   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

1 hour ago, nicklmg said:

osvk2a0b712z.png

Hands in the air.

Details separate people.

1 minute ago, Tech_Dreamer said:

osvk2a0b712z.png

Hands in the air.

no U

23483BA7-FAD6-48FB-9ACE-C26FCA6D294C.jpeg

12 minutes ago, Tech_Dreamer said:

is weird that i almost imagined this exact reply like a psychic when i saw your name?

lol ? i see i have a reputation around here