My friend has a PC and is using a XBOX CONTROLLER!!!

BenA

Hi there, this is an urgent request for help,

My mate has just built a pc and is claiming to be part of the pc master ace yet is using an Xbox controller!!! (We are no longer friends)

How do i convert this mere mortal into using a mouse?? I have tried the obvious tactics of telling him about unrivalled precision and aim yet he is defiant on using a controller

Any advise on how to help this poor guy?

I seriously hope none of what you are saying is serious.  This is just silly on so many levels.  First of all this isn't remotely unusual - the benefit of PC is that you've got the option to choose the ideal input method for your title, not that you're forced to use keyboard + mouse because it's the best for everything (because it's not).  Second stopping being friends over this is beyond ridiculous.  Let him use what he wants.  If he's doing something that doesn't make much sense like a shooter with a controller you could mention that there's better ways but ultimately it's not reasonable to force him to not use controller just because you don't like it for some reason.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

32 minutes ago, BenA said:

My mate has just built a pc and is claiming to be part of the pc master ace yet is using an Xbox controller!!! (We are no longer friends)

How do i convert this mere mortal into using a mouse?? I have tried the obvious tactics of telling him about unrivalled precision and aim yet he is defiant on using a controller

Most 3rd person games control horribly with kbm. Yeah it's an objective disadvantage with shooters, and completely unusable with an RTS... But there's more genres out there.

Running Mouse,Keyboard,Ps4 controller, Xbox controller, Wheel+Padels and an joystick... so what you gonna blame people like me, playing games with the matching input device?
Thats why we decide to play on PC... we can choose what ever we want to game with.

GPU: ROG STRIX-RX480-O8G-GAMING @1350Mhz 1.156V //// CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 @3,6Ghz //// MOBO: Gigabyte GA-AB350-Gaming 3 ROG STRIX B350-F GAMING //// PSU: CX550

Memory: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX LP DDR4 3200mhz (runing 3000mhz 16/18/18/36 T2)

OS: Win 10 64bit //// Full setup: https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/BGHqdX

I hope you're joking here.
Some games do play better with a controller, like any racing games, some third person game, platformers and many other games like it. The PC is the platform that lets you have the greatest amount of choice in terms of controls, games, options, modding, etc... whichever control method he choose doesn't matter.

That said, if he plays RTS games(like starcraft, Civilisation, etc..), First person games or some other game like them with a controller, that's a paddlin'

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

48 minutes ago, BenA said:

While you were likely trying to be edgy and PCMR in the Offtopic section,..you may be new here,... but this commenting happens a lot.

keep-calm-better-luck-next-time.jpg

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

So what about a steam controller? I mean...it's not a keyboard and mouse, but it's from a company intrinsically tied with PC gaming

...I'm joking I don't really give a shit

⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷
⠀⣿⣿⡆⠀⢸⣿⣿⣾⡇⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣗⣻⡻⠿⠁
⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁

Spoiler

Image result for to be continued...

59 minutes ago, Tarzan said:

Well I have a PC and use a Xbox Controller for Rocket League. Have you ever tried to play Rocket League with a keyboard? Noob.

i tried with a controller, and I didnt liked it at all :/

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K @4.9 GHz 6-Core Processor CPU Cooler: be quiet! - Dark Rock Pro 3 67.8 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing CPU CoolerMotherboard: MSI - Z370I GAMING PRO CARBON AC Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard Memory: PNY - Anarchy 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 @3000 MemoryStorage: 960 evo 500gbVideo Card:place holderCase: Phanteks - Enthoo EVOLV ITX TG (Black) Mini ITX Desktop Case Power Supply:SeaSonic - EVO Edition 620W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply Case Fan: be quiet! - SilentWings 3 pwm 59.5 CFM  140mm Fan Case Fan: be quiet! - SilentWings 3 PWM High-Speed 73.3 CFM  120mm Fan Case Fan: be quiet! - SilentWings 3 PWM High-Speed 73.3 CFM  120mm Fan Monitor: Dell - S2716DG 27.0" 2560x1440 144Hz Monitor Mouse: Place holder Sony H.ear on Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphone, Charcoal Black (MDR100ABN/B)  LEOBOG K26 Wired RGB Mechanical Keyboard,Gaming Keyboard,RGB Color Backlight,104 Key,Anti-Ghosting For Full Key,Blue Switches,Aluminum Chassis,Detachable wrist rest,PC,Computer, Laptop,BLACK (Black)EZDIY-FAB Sleeved Cable - Cable extension for power supply with extra-sleeved 24 PIN 8PIN 6PIN 4+4 PIN With COMBS- Black Grey

pcpartpicker: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/resdal42/saved/sCW6XL

dude seriously?

a controller is great for some games like GTA, DIRT, Assassin's Creed and more third person view games

I like and have the classic PS2 controller tho

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

Driving games exist, and most people don't have the money for racing wheels. 

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

Just now, IAnthonyFX said:

i tried with a controller, and I didnt liked it at all :/

Which is fine. But what OP is saying here is that because his mate likes playing with a controller, he isn't part of the "true PCMR". Since when did people become so elitist on what is ethical and what isn't. Why should one person decide what another person chooses. Pure troll, ridiculous.

44 minutes ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

trying to be edgy and PCMR in the Offtopic section

yeah, OP:

zw17doei2h211.jpg

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

Many games are better with a controller. In example, Dark Souls. Some games, like Counter-Strike, you have to be crazy to use a controller. It's ultimately his decision though so you shouldn't nag him about it.

2 hours ago, BenA said:

pc master race

Ew, you're one of those people who take PCMR seriously...

2 hours ago, BenA said:

(We are no longer friends)

Good, sounds like he needs better friends than you

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

it’s like me

i have ps4

but i use keyboard and mouse in every game i can

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  Quote for a reply  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*   Ask for discord   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Anyone not using a modified powerglove is on a substancially lower level, tbh.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

I use a controller for my racing games. And wished I had a wheel for the racing sims. Smh. 

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Alpha Microphone: Razer Seiren X

4 hours ago, BenA said:

Try playing any sort of racing or driving game using only a mouse and keyboard. You'll have absolutely zero precision whatsoever. Just miles of jerky driving.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580