At Least We're Not Alone: NSA Spies on Members of Congress, Too

PillowSmoke

I wonder if all these people bitching would like to get on a plane and go live in say North Korea? I am sure you won't get fed to the dogs AT ALL. How about Russia? I mean, if it isn't for the Anti-Gay government and SORM, and the damn cold, and the oppressive regime, I am sure it would be a lovely place to live. How about Britain... do you mind the CCTVs among other things?

At least the CCTV isn't pointed into my bedroom.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

At least the CCTV isn't pointed into my bedroom.

Neither is the NSA... They aren't in your bedroom, nor are they in your home.

Everybody is talking about it, but nothing is happening. I don't see people on the streets about it.

Maybe someone should start a facebook group, that'll surely stop the nsa...

/s

My Build

GPU: MSI GTX 1080 ARMOUR | CPU: i7 9700k | Ram: 16gb 3200mhz Motherboard: ASUS Maximus XI Gene | Storage: 2x 1TB NVME 1x 500GB NVME 1x 120GB NVME | Case: Corsair 570X

Maybe someone should start a facebook group, that'll surely stop the nsa...

/s

there was a rally in DC when this shit started around October. but it never took off from there 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

Pelosi is a cunt, I'm ok with her being spied on.

Here is the mistake, you're expecting perfection. We know based on leaks and released data that it did work quite a lot of times throughout the World. Now, do you expect your car to work one hundred percent of the time for thirty years or over time will it break down? Of course, something is going to happen to a part. But we don't pull cars off the road because of it. We only do that, if there is a safety defect. How about your computer? Sometimes shit happens, anyone that says it must work one hundred percent of the time doesn't really understand the World in my book.  

Any protection that takes away our freedom is extremely dangerous. Our government is trying to take away our freedom and control us. People need to understand that the citizens are suppose to control the government. Our founding fathers when speaking of gun control said that one of the sole purposes of citizens owning weapons is to defend ourselves from the government trying to take away our freedom.

Neither is the NSA... They aren't in your bedroom, nor are they in your home.

Uhm yes they are! Computers, phones, tvs, etc. they are all in our homes.

Any protection that takes away our freedom is extremely dangerous. Our government is trying to take away our freedom and control us. People need to understand that the citizens are suppose to control the government. Our founding fathers when speaking of gun control said that one of the sole purposes of citizens owning weapons is to defend ourselves from the government trying to take away our freedom.

Ben Franklin once said "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

Ben Franklin once said "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

That is an amazing quote :D

Why the heck would the NSA bite the hand that feeds them? The Congressman's job is to put word into law, and yet the very power that could keep them afloat the NSA is going to alienate as well? Who is the NSA fighting for?

System Specs: AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Six-core CPU, AMD Radeon HD 6970 2 GB GDDR5 16X PCIe Video Card, MSI 890FXA-GD70 Motherboard, Kingston Hyper-X 1600 MHz RAM, ADATA 128 GB MLC SSD, 2 TB HDD, Astec Dual 120 mm closed Liquid cooling Loop, Cooler Master 800W Silent Pro Gold (80 Plus Gold Certified) PSU, Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2013 Gaming Keyboard (Love me my Cherry MX Blue Switches), a Razer Taipan Gaming Mouse (8200 dpi 4G sensor FTW!), Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Why the heck would the NSA bite the hand that feeds them? The Congressman's job is to put word into law, and yet the very power that could keep them afloat the NSA is going to alienate as well? Who is the NSA fighting for?

unless the congressmen are complete ape shit. i see a future where the NSA doesn't exist

I feel like every person who actually works for the government should be monitored to make sure they're following laws and aren't corrupt, along with other parameters to make sure they're doing whatever their job entails truthfully and honestly. I guess that's too obvious though

Intel 4770k EVGA GTX 780 Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H Corsair Vengeance Pro Samsung EVO (RAID0) Corsair Air540 Seasonic SS-660XP2

EK Supremacy Alphacool NexXxoS Swifttech MCP655 Swifttech MicroRes PrimoChill PrimoFlex Tubing Alphacool Compression Fittings NXZT Hue LED Controller

Asus PB278Q Acer H233H Coolermaster Quickfire Corsair M60 FiiO E09K Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro Windows 7

Hmmm, knowing this doesn't makes me fell any better.

Signatures are stupid.

They aren't taking away any freedom by gathering information that you give to a third party. The law of the land makes this an exception to the 4th Amendment as laid out in Smith v Maryland (SCOTUS 1979). You still have the freedom to browse the internet freely, you still have the freedom to make calls freely, you still have the right to buy weapons freely (as long as they meet the standards of the law). And before you go on about weapon types, do know that you can under strict guidelines buy Automatic Weapons. They aren't totally illegal like some people like to think. (Not saying you).

Edit: I'll even be nice and give you a real world example. You take your car to a repair shop and lets say you hit a cop car and drove off. Do you know, since you turned your car over to the repair shop... bum bum bum, the cops don't need YOUR permission to search it. Why you ask, because you gave it to a third party. It would be the repair shop that gives the permission, and in some cases they don't have to give permission at all.

They are NOT in our homes. I wish people would understand what they are talking about, before commenting like this. This is one of the many problems you get when someone who doesn't understand what he/she is releasing, releases classified files. You gave this information to a third party and that is how they are obtaining it. As I pointed out above, this is based on the 1979 ruling in Smith v Maryland. Show me the data you have that they are in our homes. Please remember in our homes means they are actively hacking into our TVs, Phones, Computers, Etc. as you are claiming.

I feel like every person who actually works for the government should be monitored to make sure they're following laws and aren't corrupt, along with other parameters to make sure they're doing whatever their job entails truthfully and honestly. I guess that's too obvious though

If only, then Snowden would have been taken care of long before he could have released the data. That, I think, would have been the best thing in the world. I am serious.

And do you know the context of the quote and how it was used? I think you actually don't know what it is pertaining to, nor the issues surrounding why he said it.

They aren't taking away any freedom by gathering information that you give to a third party. The law of the land makes this an exception to the 4th Amendment as laid out in Smith v Maryland (SCOTUS 1979). You still have the freedom to browse the internet freely, you still have the freedom to make calls freely, you still have the right to buy weapons freely (as long as they meet the standards of the law). And before you go on about weapon types, do know that you can under strict guidelines buy Automatic Weapons. They aren't totally illegal like some people like to think. (Not saying you).

Edit: I'll even be nice and give you a real world example. You take your car to a repair shop and lets say you hit a cop car and drove off. Do you know, since you turned your car over to the repair shop... bum bum bum, the cops don't need YOUR permission to search it. Why you ask, because you gave it to a third party. It would be the repair shop that gives the permission, and in some cases they don't have to give permission at all.

They are NOT in our homes. I wish people would understand what they are talking about, before commenting like this. This is one of the many problems you get when someone who doesn't understand what he/she is releasing, releases classified files. You gave this information to a third party and that is how they are obtaining it. As I pointed out above, this is based on the 1979 ruling in Smith v Maryland. Show me the data you have that they are in our homes. Please remember in our homes means they are actively hacking into our TVs, Phones, Computers, Etc. as you are claiming.

Are you serious? Have you not been reading anything about the NSA's doings? They have been hacking companies without their permission in order to obtain information. They have been intercepting electronics and installing backdoors. They have been using spyware to watch everything we do. Have you been living under a rock? I don't give a flying crap what laws make it legal for the NSA to be doing this. It's an invasion on our privacy and it's a power that they will abuse excessively. For example: Do you think it would be fair if during an election the NSA was feeding information to one of the candidates in order to help make sure he wins? Example2: You look up on the internet about making bombs for educational purposes, then while you are sleeping your house is invaded and you get put under military arrest and not given a lawyer. And there are so many more ways that our government can take away our freedom and control us just by gathering intel.

Are you serious? Have you not been reading anything about the NSA's doings? They have been hacking companies without their permission in order to obtain information. They have been intercepting electronics and installing backdoors. They have been using spyware to watch everything we do. Have you been living under a rock? I don't give a flying crap what laws make it legal for the NSA to be doing this. It's an invasion on our privacy and it's a power that they will abuse excessively. For example: Do you think it would be fair if during an election the NSA was feeding information to one of the candidates in order to help make sure he wins? Example2: You look up on the internet about making bombs for educational purposes, then while you are sleeping your house is invaded and you get put under military arrest and not given a lawyer. And there are so many more ways that our government can take away our freedom and control us just by gathering intel.

Seriously, this is exactly why giving out information is horrible without context. This is why Snowden was an idiot. Yes the NSA was talking about intercepting computers. These were on VALID targets as the article I read stated and not on the masses NOR was there anything to suggest that it was done on the masses. Jesus, did you even read the article or just the headline? They are talking technique more then anything else! Spyware, same thing. Same thing with the iPhone and Android. And before you get all up in arms, this is valid, considering it is a tool in the intelligence gathering playbook. Or would you rather put Americans lives and the lives of people we recruit at risk to gather the same intelligence? Please READ the articles instead of just skimming it, it'll contain the information that you need to understand things.

Okay lets go with examples since you like them. Oh wait, I actually don't since this program of gathering data actually HAS stopped 20+ attacks worldwide. Huh, funny that. But we can do something interesting though with theories. Example: Man communicates through internet that he is going to steal the warhead off a B61 Mod 11 in which the yield can be set up to 340 kiloton yield. He is stealing the warhead to sell to Al Qaeda, so they can set the device off in a major US City. Its a bunker buster Nuclear weapon, so there is no confusion on what I am talking about. The NSA data picks this up, and instead of selling the device so it can be used on soft targets, the guy is intercepted and arrested and the device is totally safe now. Would you rather the guy sell the device, and destroy an American city or two and lots around it, along with the other effects. Lets put into prospective what 340 kilotons would be like. The bombs dropped in Japan were only 21 and 15 kiloton yields. So lets take the higher one, which was dropped on Nagasaki, Japan (21 kiloton yield). The potential blast would be 16.19 times greater then that.