Twitter has finally banned Alex Jones & Infowars

Master Disaster
Message added by Crunchy Dragon

Quick reminder to keep this civil and non-political

8 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

You can only censor the truth

False.

8 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

to say his message is being censored is basically agreeing with it.

Extremely false.

6 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

I don't like anybody who can stand there and say a school shooting in which 26 people died was a hoax

I don't like anybody that makes a claim of that scale and doesn't back it up with evidence that can be traced back. However, there was a shit ton of anti gun propaganda created out of Sandy Hooks.

2 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

It's a rules for thee and not for me scenario.

If Jones truly and genuinely harassed someone, fine, go ahead and ban him, but Twitter better hold anyone else's feet to the fire like that rather than picking and choosing.

You and I both know that they won't and don't.

1 minute ago, AlwaysFSX said:

People seem to have forgotten that ideas should be shared, good or bad, so we don't become sheltered to opinions we do or do not want to hear. Apparently now everyone wants to be coddled as to what they have to filter, and have some other body do the filtering for them.

Get out of here you radical thinker!

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

11 minutes ago, ivan134 said:

I don't get it. Why dont conservatives ask their billionaire donors to start their own social media?

There is one, but just don't go there, you will want to tear your eyes out. 

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

1 minute ago, aezakmi said:

come on, they banned him because he's associated with Breitbart and also because twitter is modded by a bunch of unique snowflakes that believe in social justice

Judging by this thread, it's pretty clear who the actual snowflakes are xD

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Just now, Ithanul said:

There is one, but just don't go there, you will want to tear your eyes out. 

I remember hearing about one last year, but I don't remember the name or if it's still around.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

1 minute ago, Drak3 said:

I don't like anybody that makes a claim of that scale and doesn't back it up with evidence that can be traced back. However, there was a shit ton of anti gun propaganda created out of Sandy Hooks.

And that's my thing, the way he went about the shooting was prime to be misinterpreted.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

1 minute ago, Drak3 said:

False.

Extremely false.

You and I both know that they won't and don't.

I'm genuinely curious how you think it's possible to censor a lie. I'm willing to be proven wrong on this one, surprise me.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

2 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

I know, it's crazy to tell people to think for themselves and not insult others.

1 minute ago, Master Disaster said:

I'm genuinely curious how you think it's possible to censor a lie. I'm willing to be proven wrong on this one, surprise me.

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/censorship

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/censorship

Censorship does not care about truth or lie, opinion or fact, or medium used for expression of thought. To ban any idea is censorship.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

1 minute ago, ivan134 said:

I remember hearing about one last year, but I don't remember the name or if it's still around.

O, it is still around.  Gab is what it is called.

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

Just now, Ithanul said:

O, it is still around.  Gab is what it is called.

I just looked that up, and nah, it wasn't this one. Thanks for putting me onto this one though. I need some good laughs so I'll check it out.

Just now, Drak3 said:

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/censorship

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/censorship

Censorship does not care about truth or lie, opinion or fact, or medium used for expression of thought. To ban any idea is censorship.

Agreed however, ignoring fiction, censorship infers that the thing being supressed has an element of truth to it.

You wouldn't say Holocaust deniers are being censored for example.

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

5 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Censorship is just putting tape over someones mouth. Doesn't matter if its true or false. 

Even if it was false, there are still people deciding what to censor and what THEY think is true or false. 

Just now, Master Disaster said:

censorship infers that the thing being supressed has an element of truth to it.

No, it doesn't.

Just now, Master Disaster said:

You wouldn't say Holocaust deniers are being censored for example

Actually, most rational people would once they've actually considered what censorship is.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

1 minute ago, ivan134 said:

I just looked that up, and nah, it wasn't this one. Thanks for putting me onto this one though. I need some good laughs so I'll check it out.

Yeah, there are others.  I usually don't go out my way to look at those sites.

But damn when I seen some of the stuff posted from there, I'm like, what the hell are these folks on.

3 minutes ago, ivan134 said:

Voat

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

1 minute ago, valdyrgramr said:

But, that's still not why he's banned.  He's banned for breaking the law by several companies who don't want to be associated with him because he's a criminal.

That's not the current chain of thought between me and Master.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

Just now, 2FA said:

Voat

Oooh, thanks, but that wasn't it either. It was a really fancy website.

5 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

No, it doesn't.

Actually, most rational people would once they've actually considered what censorship is.

Well then I guess I'm either irrational or wrong. I suppose the fact I'm able to draw that conclusion points to the latter being true.

You did indeed surprise me :)

@Ithanul @2FA god damn, this is some deranged shit xD

2 minutes ago, ivan134 said:

@Ithanul @2FA god damn, this is some deranged shit xD

Warned ya.

Though, I recall there was one chap that was so bad that even that person got banned from gab.  Can't remember the name, but god....the posts where super bad.

3 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Well then I guess I'm either irrational or wrong. I suppose the fact I'm able to draw that conclusion points to the latter being true.

So if you are wrong then banning you from this thread is the right thing to do? I mean you said it yourself you cannot censor false info and a majority are on the opposite side on your opinion. 

Get where we are coming from? Doesn't matter the sides...censorship is censorship

5 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

But, that's still not why he's banned.  He's banned for breaking the law by several companies who don't want to be associated with him because he's a criminal.

so everyone with an active lawsuit should be banned off all social media forever?

as for harassment, i could link you multiple screenshots of a certain group of people harassing an entire race, but because this race is the majority, social media companies don't care because if they ban this certain group of people they will be called racist

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

1 minute ago, Arika S said:

so everyone with an active lawsuit should be banned off all social media forever?

as for harassment, i could link you multiple screenshots of a certain group of people harassing an entire race, but because this race is the majority, social media companies don't care because if they ban this certain group of people they will be called racist

Cannot be closer to the truth. 

34 minutes ago, ivan134 said:

Why are you people against private companies deciding who they want to do business with?

Maybe because it gives them more power over the entire population than any group of people has ever held before in human history.

If you want an example, see the social media enabled eugenics program currently ongoing in China. Post something that the proverbial "they" don't like? Your social media score, which is tied to your actual identity, goes down. And as a result, your children might not go to the best schools, you might not get that job you want, you might not be allowed to use public transportation ever again. They are quite literally having a negative impact on peoples lives, based on those people thoughts and opinions as expressed online.

Social media is currently building towards a power over the population that is entirely intolerable in any allegedly "free" society. How many people get their news mainly from Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc?

But more than that, they provide a medium with which the general population can converse with itself. That, in my book, constitutes a public space, and as such, free speech should apply at the least to the same extent that it would in public. Not to mention each of them being a near monopoly in the space they each occupy within the "social media industry".

Also they aren't private companies. AFAIK Twitter and Facebook are publicly traded. If a billionaire wanted to buy a majority of the shares and thus have the majority ownership, and change all of this, they could.

Social media is quickly becoming the discourse equivalent to the nuclear bomb.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs