Hello there community I need a little help, my Geforce RTX 3060 12G gaming OC(windforce) fan chassis (the part that holds the fans on) needs a replacement as the screws are all threaded and having to use duct tape to secure it to the heatsink or main base, it's not a good solution knowing the constant heat breaks down the adhesive, and no zip ties don't work, I full on need a new fan chassis for it for further investigation I've provided my exact graphics card model

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/gigabyte-rtx-3060-gaming-oc.b8627

I need help finding where to get a replacement.

10 minutes ago, doctorshyler said:

Hello there community I need a little help, my Geforce RTX 3060 12G gaming OC(windforce) fan chassis (the part that holds the fans on) needs a replacement as the screws are all threaded and having to use duct tape to secure it to the heatsink or main base, it's not a good solution knowing the constant heat breaks down the adhesive, and no zip ties don't work, I full on need a new fan chassis for it for further investigation I've provided my exact graphics card model

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/gigabyte-rtx-3060-gaming-oc.b8627

I need help finding where to get a replacement.

In what way do you mean the screws are threaded?

System specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D [-30 PBO all core]

GPU: Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT NITRO+ [1050mV, 2.8GHz core, 2.6Ghz mem]

Motherboard: MSI MAG B650 TOMAHAWK WIFI

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO RGB 32GB 6000MHz CL32 DDR5

Storage: 2TB SN850X, 1TB SN850 w/ heatsink, 500GB P5 Plus (OS Storage)

Case: 5000D AIRFLOW

Cooler: Thermalright Frost Commander 140

PSU: Corsair RM850e

PCPartPicker List: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/QYLBh3

1 minute ago, TatamiMatt said:

In what way do you mean the screws are threaded?

The screws don't screw Into there place they just fall out like the screw holes no gap nothing for the screws can grip onto there's 4 total screws I took it Into warranty but they did nothing they just pit screws in the threaded holes and the the moment I got it ot fell off again

12 minutes ago, doctorshyler said:

The screws don't screw Into there place they just fall out like the screw holes no gap nothing for the screws can grip onto there's 4 total screws I took it Into warranty but they did nothing they just pit screws in the threaded holes and the the moment I got it ot fell off again

Okay one possiblity, and ill do more research into the traces, pcb, fan shroud and how it combines together etc for you in a bit, would be to drill out the threading and rethread the holes to then use the next size of screw up, though theres a lot of factors that might just be a id recommend you dont do that, but idk those yet, lemme do some research into it (i used to have that exact card actually)

For a start, the PCB screw holes dont look threaded but i could be wrong

But they dont really matter anyway i dont think, are these the screws youre talking about?

image.thumb.png.1d6817b7a7a009d6c1922fe587d5ce77.png

Kit guru is to thank for these images, if you want a breakdown of what your GPU looks like:

https://www.kitguru.net/components/graphic-cards/dominic-moass/nvidia-rtx-3060-review-ft-gigabyte-gaming-oc/2/

System specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D [-30 PBO all core]

GPU: Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT NITRO+ [1050mV, 2.8GHz core, 2.6Ghz mem]

Motherboard: MSI MAG B650 TOMAHAWK WIFI

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO RGB 32GB 6000MHz CL32 DDR5

Storage: 2TB SN850X, 1TB SN850 w/ heatsink, 500GB P5 Plus (OS Storage)

Case: 5000D AIRFLOW

Cooler: Thermalright Frost Commander 140

PSU: Corsair RM850e

PCPartPicker List: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/QYLBh3

Finding a set of fans is easy but finding the shroud itself will be more tricky. Frankly it would make more sense to just de-shroud the card entirely and strap some 120mm's to it. If you're handy with a soldering iron, splicing the fans into the existing fan wiring is pretty trivial.

Gigabyte Windforce GTX970 Deshroud : r/sffpc

1 minute ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

Finding a set of fans is easy but finding the shroud itself will be more tricky. Frankly it would make more sense to just de-shroud the card entirely and strap some 120mm's to it. 

Gigabyte Windforce GTX970 Deshroud : r/sffpc

Not sure how I'd strap fans to it, like how do I keep them mounted? How do I mount them? Like which area which angle e.t

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, doctorshyler said:

Not sure how I'd strap fans to it, like how do I keep them mounted? How do I mount them? Like which area which angle e.t

Not to mention my mother board can't support more then 2 fan connectors as those 2 are used for my central processing unit water cooler. And can't use molex fans as well, I don't have any and I don't really use molex

Edited by doctorshyler

Just now, doctorshyler said:

There are countless guides in written and video form for de-shrouding a GPU and mounting standard 120mm PC fans. I'd watch a few to get a better idea of what it takes.

Posted (edited)

I'd try some DIY.

First idea, open some cable to get the copper strands inside. Fit some carefully in each screw hole and try to screw with keeping the copper between plastic and metal. Don't screw hard.

Second idea, standard glue or super glue the screws tight, one after the other. With some waiting involved.

Third idea, if it's those screws in the picture, then get longer ones, screw carefully through the cover (drill 4 holes, I don't know...) and apply 4 nuts

Fourth idea, as  @TatamiMatt suggested. If it's those screws in the picture, get slightly bigger or different screws. Bring the heat sink and cover in the shop. They might just have something fitting...

Edited by leclod

I'm willing to swim against the current.

Looks like there are no "broken/for parts" on ebay, so you're pretty much down to superglue (terrible idea) or trash the shroud and ziptie case fans to the board, then wire them into the same fan power cables that the current shroud fans use.
If you can't find a pinout for those fans, you may need to get a multimeter, but once you have that info, you don't even need a soldering iron or anything, you can just strip the wires with your teeth, twist them together, and wrap with electrical tape

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

I'll just perhaps.. flip my whole computer upside down and use gravity to my advantage that way the shroud stays in 1 place. There are good interesting choices, I just feel it's unsafe I do something I'm not experienced with, would not be good if I ended up breaking something by following said choices by you all well there optional I just have real safety haha