This Desk will make you FIT!!

it seems like it would be much much simpler to simply wire the motor to the relay then tap the relay into the network switch power wire (after the wall wart that stepped it down to DC voltage) so that if you stop pedaling the relay switches off the network switch, no charge controller, battery or inverter would significantly reduce the cost and complexity of the build. and besides you don't want your WORK computer shutting down while you are working on something anyway.

5 minutes ago, Daniel644 said:

it seems like it would be much much simpler to simply wire the motor to the relay then tap the relay into the network switch power wire (after the wall wart that stepped it down to DC voltage) so that if you stop pedaling the relay switches off the network switch, no charge controller, battery or inverter would significantly reduce the cost and complexity of the build. and besides you don't want your WORK computer shutting down while you are working on something anyway.

This is LTT... I'm not even gonna say what I think about them because I'd get prema banned and possibly sued.

Just use a sensor to turn on the network switch after a certain voltage is reached......

Elemental 

Spoiler

Intel i5 6500 @3.8ghz - 8GB HyperX - 600w Apex PSU - GTX 1060 G1 GIGABYTE 6GB - s340 Black - 240gb Toshiba Q300 - Cooler master TX3i - MSI z170-A PRO.

Old Build (sold for 290€)

Spoiler

Intel i3 540 @ 3.9ghz (On stock cooler, Hits 80c max) - 8gb ram - 500w power supply - P7H55-M LE  120gb SSD - Talius Drakko case

Project Frug 50$ Water loop

Laptops

Spoiler

13" Macbook Air - Alienware m14x r2 -  2009 15" Macbook Pro (I was give all of these and would never buy them myself)

16 minutes ago, Light-Yagami said:

This is LTT... I'm not even gonna say what I think about them because I'd get prema banned and possibly sued.

Lol what?... I don't think we've literally ever banned someone for saying negative stuff about us.

These geniuses used an AC inverter in order to turn DC into AC so that they can convert the AC back into DC.

Then they use a relay to turn the power on and off which completely negates the need of the generator powering the switch.

Wow. I admit I am quite impressed with how bad this was.

hSE6Vwl.gif

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Just now, Enderman said:

These geniuses used an AC inverter in order to turn DC into AC so that they can convert the AC back into DC.

Then they use a relay to turn the power on and off which completely negates the need of the generator powering the switch.

Wow. I admit I am quite impressed with how bad this was.

https://media.giphy.com/media/bkklBjAmlYjv2/giphy.gif

I Agree, simplest would have been direct 12v into the switch or a sensor such as an Arduino connected to the pc or a relay.

Elemental 

Spoiler

Intel i5 6500 @3.8ghz - 8GB HyperX - 600w Apex PSU - GTX 1060 G1 GIGABYTE 6GB - s340 Black - 240gb Toshiba Q300 - Cooler master TX3i - MSI z170-A PRO.

Old Build (sold for 290€)

Spoiler

Intel i3 540 @ 3.9ghz (On stock cooler, Hits 80c max) - 8gb ram - 500w power supply - P7H55-M LE  120gb SSD - Talius Drakko case

Project Frug 50$ Water loop

Laptops

Spoiler

13" Macbook Air - Alienware m14x r2 -  2009 15" Macbook Pro (I was give all of these and would never buy them myself)

Just now, nicklmg said:

Lol what?... I don't think we've literally ever banned someone for saying negative stuff about us.

Hey Nick :) 

I'm glad if you didn't. I'll just say this. I liked you people when you were small. Back in 2015. But now.. it's a comedy show. AdoredTV, Hardware Unboxed, Gamers Nexus and Digital Foundry to name a few have become the standard in tech media. 

Just now, Julian5 said:

I Agree, simplest would have been direct 12v into the switch or a sensor such as an Arduino connected to the pc or a relay.

Just a relay so that you don't need any voltage regulation or other crap.

A motor, two wires, and a relay.

That's literally all that is needed.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

That made me chuckle, but the end result would have been more intense with a proper 500W electric bike, a rig high end enough + cycling. :)

1 minute ago, Light-Yagami said:

Hey Nick :) 

I'm glad if you didn't. I'll just say this. I liked you people when you were small. Back in 2015. But now.. it's a comedy show. AdoredTV, Hardware Unboxed, Gamers Nexus and Digital Foundry to name a few have become the standard in tech media. 

That's totally fine - I'm also a fan of a few of the sites you mentioned. We've never claimed to be "the last word in tech journalism" - I think we're pretty open about the fact that our channel has become primarily focused on entertainment and pushing boundaries rather than traditional tech coverage.

My advice would be to not make claims that you can't back up though... as I said we've never banned anyone for giving a negative opinion about us, and we've never sued anyone lol. The only legal recourse we take is focused on content theft.

2 minutes ago, nicklmg said:

That's totally fine - I'm also a fan of a few of the sites you mentioned. We've never claimed to be "the last word in tech journalism" - I think we're pretty open about the fact that our channel has become primarily focused on entertainment and pushing boundaries rather than traditional tech coverage.

My advice would be to not make claims that you can't back up though... as I said we've never banned anyone for giving a negative opinion about us, and we've never sued anyone lol. The only legal recourse we take is focused on content theft.

Maybe I should put (sarcasm) on the end. You took it pretty seriously. I don't make claims I can't back up, feel free to look at my forum history. 

Have a good time Nick. Nice talking to you.

It would definitely be much better for $Version 2 to implement a larger battery (small car battery like a group 51 or something) and an arduino/realay combo connected to the power button of the PC.  that wasy you can put in a 5-10 second delay, or some sort of locakable switch that would enable/disable the system in case they get an important call.  The arduino would also let you give some sort of feedback to the user as well, maybe a 80segment display giving a 10 second countdown or something like that.

So genies idea that can evolve to interesting APP.

So you need separate bike and PC
When exorcising bicycle controller like raspberry pi calculates power generate.
Then on PC you have hardware – or software switch(APP) that turns off PC(enter sleep mode)
when "power" runs out

It may be not direct power (real) generate and consume value, but some imaginary number
Like exorcising 30 mins – generate power for 1-2 hr PC
And even cooler: points spending may be align to CPU use
– let say games consume more power then idle PC
(or Idle pc with CPU consumption  10 less % not consume power at all or at minimum)

P.s I be happy if LTT make business from this idea ^^

DC to AC to DC.....

wow

Fanboys are the worst thing to happen to the tech community World. Chief among them are Apple fanboys. 

There's several comments on YouTube, they beat me to it, suggesting to just power the monitor. No more crashes.

Add desk lamp, speakers, etc., for more resistance. 

Edited by Shorttimer
expanding comment

Oh my god guys! This is just the best! THE BEST! Period!

CPU: AMD R5 5600x | Mainboard: MSI MAG B550m Mortar Wifi | RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 Rev E | GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Armor | Case: Xigmatek Aquila | PSU: Corsair RM650i | SSDs: Crucial BX300 120GB | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB | Crucial m500 120GB | HDDs: 2x Seagate Barracuda 4TB | CPU Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2 | Casefans: Bitfenix Spectre LED red 200mm (Intake), Bequiet Pure Wings 2 140mm (Exhaust) | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

Seems what you want is something like a webcycle: