Banned from the Internet - Current Lawsuit could force ISPs to ban users

rcmaehl
On 8/24/2018 at 3:15 PM, DrMacintosh said:

Hah, these fools have no idea how much Spectrum gives no sh*ts about it’s users firing up uTorrent. 

Come at me bros!

Yep, Spectrum doesn't care what I do. The issue is I only can do it when they decide they want their services to actually work properly...

Just now, jsjones008 said:

Yep, Spectrum doesn't care what I do. The issue is I only can do it when they decide they want their services to actually work properly...

I've been having some cutting out of service lately that seems to last shorter than a router reboot worth of time. Today its been pretty stable but last week was really sketch sometimes. Also throttling is a thing for me now when it didn't use to be. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

Just now, DrMacintosh said:

I've been having some cutting out of service lately that seems to last shorter than a router reboot worth of time. Today its been pretty stable but last week was really sketch sometimes. Also throttling is a thing for me now when it didn't use to be. 

I'm in Indiana and have been dealing with that cutting in and out crud for about a month and a half now. Glad to know it isn't just me. Do you use their modem/router or do you have your own? I'm wondering if my combo I'm renting from them just needs to be replaced with something actually good.

Just now, jsjones008 said:

I'm in Indiana and have been dealing with that cutting in and out crud for about a month and a half now. Glad to know it isn't just me. Do you use their modem/router or do you have your own? I'm wondering if my combo I'm renting from them just needs to be replaced with something actually good.

Nope, we use our own modem and router. California internet in my area was really good back when TWC was its own entity. We got free speed upgrades and service never went down......Yay capitalism

/s

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

On 8/24/2018 at 3:57 PM, Arokhantos said:

Maybe if region lock bs was not a thing we have no pirates

That's not even remotely true. People pirate content because they think they're entitled to it. Removing region lock might have some small effect, but it's not going to come close to solving the issue once and for all.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2017/06/sex-offenders-cannot-be-excluded-from-social-media-supreme-court-says/

If its illegal to ban sex offenders from Social Media, I bet this shit wont pass in the US. The ACLU would be all over it. This sets precedent for the Internet being a human right at least in the US. Also, with as big as the telecoms are, they have just as much power to lobby this dead. They dont want to be the internet police. If the entertainment industry has issues they can bring up Civil cases in court or go to the FBI and have Federal Charges brought up on the people breaking the law. Any way you look at it, the Pirates will win. ARGGGGGG. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

Not my fault the shitty Netflix doesn't have the movies I want to see and some of them will never even be released there.

Besides, at this point torrenting is a way of life, maaaaaaaaaaaaaaan.

And it seems to me like lately every next law trying to somehow regulate the internet is dumber and dumber.

12 hours ago, Donut417 said:

If the entertainment industry has issues they can bring up Civil cases in court or go to the FBI and have Federal Charges brought up on the people breaking the law. Any way you look at it, the Pirates will win. ARGGGGGG. 

Hey look its Steve the Pirate.

Alan-in-Dodgeball-A-True-Underdog-Story-

Well tbh, in this day and age, i wouldnt reject the idea that this could actualy happen.

The thing is though, VPNs would essentialy negate the problem, and with such  higher need for them, more VPN services will arrise, bigger, more affordable.. eventually the whole law would become useless as most heavy users , and those who the law aims to screw over, would be using secure safe VPNs.

Its just the whole 'escalation' processes with guns, but with the internet. They will always be a step behind, so while im not saying dont fight this, im saying dont worry to much.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

so an ISP would loose a paying client just because he downloaded something illegal and someone else didn't like it. Are they in love with that someone else? it's the only way this would make sense. Or don't they like money?

5 hours ago, NMS said:

Not my fault the shitty Netflix doesn't have the movies I want to see and some of them will never even be released there.

Besides, at this point torrenting is a way of life, maaaaaaaaaaaaaaan.

Google play, app store, prime, youtube....all where you could rent the movie you want for $2 FFS

I guess the MPAA finally acknowledged that movies suck these days. At this point, the internet should be a utility. You need access to the internet for everything from job postings to shopping to advice. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

1 minute ago, mynameisjuan said:

Google play, app store, prime, youtube....all where you could rent the movie you want for $2 FFS

Or I could just get it and download it so I could have it on my personal cloud, drive, and phone so I could watch it when I don't have internet.

I'm willing to pay, but I am not giving a cent for a service that doesn't let me download the movie that I want IF it has it in the first place. The problem with Netlix is that it has 10% of the movies I watch.

And let's not derail this topic any further. 

1 minute ago, NMS said:

I'm willing to pay, but I am not giving a cent for a service that doesn't let me download the movie that I want IF it has it in the first place. The problem with Netlix is that it has 10% of the movies I watch.

And let's not derail this topic any further. 

If you are willing to pay buy the damn movie and rip it. You are make zero sense.

Its not a derailment as people who pirate but movies and games in the situation there are now and now they are getting more involved  

6 minutes ago, ARikozuM said:

You need access to the internet for everything from job postings to shopping to advice. 

No, you don't.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

1 hour ago, Drak3 said:

No, you don't.

You don't literally have to, but practically, you do.

4 minutes ago, Soonercoop said:

You don't literally have to, but practically, you do.

Again, no, you don't. No one does.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

1 hour ago, Drak3 said:

Again, no, you don't. No one does.

That's true, but it's semantics. You know good and well what he meant.

1 minute ago, Soonercoop said:

That's true, but it's semantics. You know good and well what he meant.

And he's still dead wrong.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

1 minute ago, Drak3 said:

And he's still dead wrong.

Good luck applying to a vast majority of jobs these days then without internet :)

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

2 minutes ago, Lurick said:

Good luck applying to a vast majority of jobs these days then without internet :)

The vast majority of jobs don't require internet. What few that actually do, tend to provide potential employees access to a terminal.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

4 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

The vast majority of jobs don't require internet. What few that actually do, tend to provide potential employees access to a terminal.

Who said anything about internet on the job. Good luck walking into any tech company these days and asking for a job application :)

If you're "banned" from the internet they don't just want you to not have internet at home, they don't want you accessing the internet period. So again, good luck walking into most companies and applying for a job on the spot.

Sure, it will start out as you lose internet at home but copyright used to be 14 years from the date of creation and has ballooned into life + 70 years (iirc). They won't stop at just cutting you off at home, it will grow, always.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

1 minute ago, Lurick said:

good luck walking into most companies and applying for a job on the spot.

Most companies allow for that. What few megacorporations that don't either provide you what is needed to apply on location (like Walmart) or they don't want you.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

I think it's an excellent move to ban from the internet the ISP's that accesses and downloads copyrighted file. By this process, it will be easy to take solutions to piracy and copyright infringement cases. I hope that this will serve as a solution to stop illegal file sharing.