Google Evolving Into Google+

qwertywarrior

http://www.nextpowerup.com/news/6311/google-evolving-into-google.html

google has listened  to all out criticism and responded in the best way ..... google is douche 

"Uh oh. Google+ is here. Hide!" Soon, you may no longer be able to run away from using Google's very own social networking platform. The Mountain View software giant has been constantly updating various services under the company's name to integrate Google+ into them. Its most recent victim was YouTube. Comments made on the world's most popular video sharing platform are made using your Google+ account, which comes free of cost (but no one asked for it) with a Google account. Now, with most of the Smartphones running on Android, and every Android user signed into a Google account, that's a lot of potential Google+ converts. And since users aren't doing it themselves, Google is making them.

Perhaps Steve Grove (Director, Partnerships for Google+) can explain as to what Google is trying to achieve here:

"We've been consolidating the different services, so today Search, YouTube, the Google Play app store, all this plugs into Google+. And the reason for that is that Google+ is kind of like the next version of Google."

According to the senior exec, mobile is the next big target for Google+. He envisions an ideal world where people use their Smartphones to upload live videos using Google+, which could potentially take the role of "YouTube for live videos."

yay....................................

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

"Evolving" ?

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

"Evolving" ?

Devolving

Praise Duarte!

If only it worked this wouldn't be that bad, hell it might even be good. It doesn't though, which is a damn shame. Having a centralized system has a ton of potential, especially with Android out there running on the vast majority of smartphones. If only Google would listen a tiny bit to the users and make services that actually work well not only for them but also for us Google+ would be absolutely amazing. Google+ itself was great but lacked the single biggest success criteria of a social network, the people. It turns out that the only way of getting people to use it is to push them in the right direction and with the amount of services Google are in charge of this is very possible. Now this doesn't necessarily have to be a bad thing, but I truly hope that they learn from the huge mistake that was the recent YouTube makeover and come up with an implementation that has been thoroughly tested and deemed worthy by more than just a developer team next time. They should know that the best way of pushing people in the right direction is offering a visible and actual benefit for the user by using their new implementation, instead of showing the users something that only seems to have a negative impact on the overall usability and calling that beneficial.

Google is like that one kid who shoots up a school because he has no friends.

google is more like a dictator

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

I feel like Google plus it's actually a really good service.... Except that nobody's on it. I have maybe three friends on plus, and that's cause we use it for hangouts instead of Skype.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

What i fear most is that google way win the battle of time, because when young people start to discover internet, they will see google+, facebook, twitter and they moght just accept it because they dont know any better. And if young people start using something we all know that in the end everyone will because those children will get older an attract the rest. I think google isnt playing in the same time reference as we are. And they might win exactly for that. Or fail completly i dont know

google is more like a dictator

and then they look away when someone say they police the internet but this isn't very different either

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Fix your shit on your fucking services first before you jam them down peoples throats google.

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Google, 

FIX YOUTUBE

P.S. F*** Google+

Sincerely, 

Everyone

Aesthetics of rigs matter

If you're interested, participate in LTT Build Offs

If this goes on... I promise I'm getting a Cyanogenmod phone or an iPhone.  I used to love Google :'(    

Dear god we have to turn to microsoft for help now wtf?!?! skydrive, outlook .... BING?!?!?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

What i fear most is that google way win the battle of time, because when young people start to discover internet, they will see google+, facebook, twitter and they moght just accept it because they dont know any better. And if young people start using something we all know that in the end everyone will because those children will get older an attract the rest. I think google isnt playing in the same time reference as we are. And they might win exactly for that. Or fail completly i dont know

I get what you're saying and it's a scary fact.

Spoiler

CPU: R5 1600 @ 4.2 GHz; GPU: Asus STRIX & Gigabyte g1 GTX 1070 SLI; RAM: 16 GB Corsair vengeance 3200 MHz ; Mobo: Asrock Taichi x470; SSD: 512 gb Samsung 950 Pro Storage: 5x Seagate 2TB drives; 1x 2TB WD PurplePSU: 700 Watt Huntkey; Peripherals: Acer S277HK 4K Monitor; Logitech G502 gaming mouse; Corsair K95 Mechanical keyboard; 5.1 Logitech x530 sound system

01000010 01101001 01101110 01100001 01110010 01111001 00100000 01100100 01101111 01100101 01110011 01101110 00100111 01110100 00100000 01101101 01100001 01101011 01100101 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01110000 01110010 01101111 00101110

It's all part of their monopoly plan. Act all consumer friendly so they use your product, and once you have them in a net... fuck them all over.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

Now, with most of the Smartphones running on Android, and every Android user signed into a Google account, that's a lot of potential Google+ converts. And since users aren't doing it themselves, Google is making them.

We were already happily integrated in the "Google network." It makes no difference if we sign up for Google+ or not because they already have access to our data. We already got targeted ads, recommendations, etc. before being forced onto Google+.

This is why I don't understand the heavy backing for clunky UI, Google+ profiles, real names instead of usernames, etc. Everything already worked out fine before and Google easily harvested our data without effort. Isn't that their end goal?

Build Logs

Project "Oh No" | Ice Pack | Secondhand | MicroP

Google+ isn't just about a social network, it's Google's next step toward a unified platform experience and a one stop location to manage your Google services. Though it does suck a little in some areas, it will only get better (hopefully)

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Google+ isn't just about a social network, it's Google's next step toward a unified platform experience and a one stop location to manage your Google services. Though it does suck a little in some areas, it will only get better (hopefully)

Remember when google.com had links to every service on the homepage? So you could keep google.com as your homepage and click to any service you wanted?

Why did that have to stop?

It's the same issue as moving the Youtube inbox from Youtube's homepage to the Video Manager page, 2 more clicks away. That's not very "unified."

Build Logs

Project "Oh No" | Ice Pack | Secondhand | MicroP

what if I want a phone that is not linked to an account that holds my email address, phone number, date of birth, etc?

What if I want an anonymous phone and want to anonymously search the net for adult content that I don't want associated with any account (email or otherwise) I might have?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I feel like Google plus it's actually a really good service.... Except that nobody's on it. I have maybe three friends on plus, and that's cause we use it for hangouts instead of Skype.

It is good.It's just Google trying to mix youtube with it and other services that makes us angry. 

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

No Google... No. You should never force customers to use a product they don't like. It's the same shit Microsoft did with Metro. Here is how I imagine the meetings regarding Metro and Google+ went down:

Person 1: Sir, our new product has received a lot of negative critique and people aren't using it. What should we do?

Person 2: Hmm, how about we let the customers decide which products/features we keep/remove. So if someone is not popular we remove it. If someone is popular we keep it. How does that sound?

Person 3: Nahh, let's just force everyone who wants to use one of our popular services to also use our less popular services. If we keep forcing it on them they will sooner or later start accepting it.

Person 1 and 2: Brilliant!