Lian Li has made a fully RGB 24 pin cable, and you can buy it

AskTJ

Source: https://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/tech-news-lian-li-just-made-rgb-power-cable-customizable-lighting-updated

lianli-strimer-2.jpg

Lian Li have released a new, fully RGB, 24 pin extension cable, and you can buy it on Newegg. 

Key Features:

• 10 Lighting Presets
  • Controlled via PCIe
  • Can be used as an extension cable

It comes with 10 lighting presets that you can select using the built-in controls, so you’ll still have plenty of options to choose from even if you don’t have a compatible motherboard. The cable comes with a PCIe bracket that sits in the rear of your case, and you’ll find the buttons that cycle through the built-in lighting options there.

And because it takes the form of an extension cable, it will work with just about any power supply.

The Strimer cable will retail for around US$45 and be available to buy in mid-July from retailers like Newegg (USA).

This is a really nice job by Lian Li. I do remember Linus showcasing it at Computex, and it has made it to the consumer market.

It's not cheap, but it's RGB.

It will be available in Mid July, here on newegg.com.

hi.

Well, I guess now we can say that RGB cables are a thing now xD

Desktop: HP Z220 Workstation, 12 GB RAM, 2x500 GB HDD RAID0, + GTX 1060 3GB

Laptop: ThinkPad T430, 8 GB RAM, 1x120 GB SSD

now even the cables have RGB... at this point we're gonna end up with RGB CPU sockets or something by the end of the year :S

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

I actually don't mind this... IMO it beats custom sleeved cables for looks.

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

58 minutes ago, AskTJ said:

Lian Li have released a new, 24 pin extension cable, and you can buy it on Newegg. 

Key Features:

• Can be used as an extension cable

They do a non RGB version with this feature. 

I think I saw one of the techtubers on Computex reporting that they also made a PCIE version of it for that extra oomph in your RGB system :D

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones

1 hour ago, huilun02 said:

Just China being China I guess

Last I went there I found Lemon Tea flavored potato chips, whole seafood vending machines, clothes store with Google/Whatsapp as its banner, and Internet Explorer shampoo and sunscreen. You will find the most random combination of things that defy all expectation.

The Chinese will do literally anything to make a living...

Next we might have RGB toothbrush with proprietary RGB toothpaste

Toothbrushes are already a thing

https://mobile.twitter.com/Kirinodere/status/803714708830322688/video/1

Fanboys are the worst thing to happen to the tech community World. Chief among them are Apple fanboys. 

At first I did thought the cable it self would light up, but yeah it's just a cover. Cool I guess for those that want many glowy things to customize. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

3 hours ago, huilun02 said:

Just China being China I guess

Last I went there I found Lemon Tea flavored potato chips, whole seafood vending machines, clothes store with Google/Whatsapp as its banner, and Internet Explorer shampoo and sunscreen. You will find the most random combination of things that defy all expectation.

The Chinese will do literally anything to make a living...

Next we might have RGB toothbrush with proprietary RGB toothpaste

Lian Li is Taiwanese though. I actually buy cases from them to avoid Made in China ?

2 hours ago, Amazonsucks said:

I actually buy cases from them to avoid Made in China ?

xDxD

Seriously though... Nowadays it is very hard to completely avoid buying things that are made (or partially made) in China.

Sometimes you don't even know it at all.

$45 FOR ONE CABLE WTH

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

26 minutes ago, Christophe Corazza said:

xDxD

Seriously though... Nowadays it is very hard to completely avoid buying things that are made (or partially made) in China.

Sometimes you don't even know it at all.

Oh believe me, i know. Im used to paying a fortune to do it though. Managed to avoid it for many of the components for my PC, but umdoubtedly they were made in Singapore, Philippines, Thailand or Taiwan with some Chinese parts. My Crucial RAM says Made in USA on it at least :P CPU wasnt China either. 

1 hour ago, Amazonsucks said:

with some Chinese parts

If you really want to avoid buying Chinese made, this bit here ^^^^^ is the most difficult part.

2 hours ago, Shreyas1 said:

$45 FOR ONE CABLE WTH

It's actually just a cable cover, didn't you hear about the RGB tax hike?xD

9 hours ago, huilun02 said:

Internet Explorer shampoo and sunscreen. You will find the most random combination of things that defy all expectation.

To recreate the experience of Internet Explorer's HTML5 support this shampoo will only support a subset of human skins and randomly break.

22 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

and SUPER IRONICALLY we have to buy those RAM and SSDs off Amazon USA because it's cheaper there even after shipping ._.

In Singapore? Too bad all the worlds governments are letting the disease that is Amazon spread.

8 minutes ago, Amazonsucks said:

In Singapore? Too bad all the worlds governments are letting the disease that is Amazon spread.

I dunno, I think Walmart is much more evil than amazon.

Amazon actually pays people a competitive wage, they back up their products with better return policies, you get lots of great perks for a low monthly/yearly cost. Plus you don't have to go in to a store where people dress like carnies or any of the other extreme outfits I have seen at that place.

37 minutes ago, AngryBeaver said:

I dunno, I think Walmart is much more evil than amazon.

Amazon actually pays people a competitive wage, they back up their products with better return policies, you get lots of great perks for a low monthly/yearly cost. Plus you don't have to go in to a store where people dress like carnies or any of the other extreme outfits I have seen at that place.

I wont set foot in Walmart either, dont get me wrong. Amazon is a whole new level of economically destructive though.

Just like Walmart, the ignorant sheeple who shop there because its cheap are the same ones bitching about being poor and not enough high paying jobs. They do it to themselves. "Why are things so EXPENSIVE!?" Because they ruined their own purchasing power.

Meanwhile it makes it literally 10x more expensive for me to shop and buy decent stuff.