A Halo TV series is set to begin filming in 2019

Master Disaster

In one of those Why The Eff moments Microsoft updated the official Xbox Newswire with the news nobody wanted. Showtime & Amblin are currently in pre production for a TV series based on the huge Halo franchise.

It’s a big day for Halo – today, SHOWTIME president and CEO David Nevins announced the network has ordered a 10-episode season based on the legendary video game franchise!

In its adaptation for SHOWTIME, Halo (working title) will take place in the universe that first came to be in 2001, dramatizing an epic 26th-century conflict between humanity and an alien threat known as the Covenant. Kyle Killen (Awake) will serve as executive producer, writer and showrunner. Rupert Wyatt (Rise of the Planet of the Apes) will direct multiple episodes and also executive produce the hour-long series which enters production in early 2019.

343 Industries had the following to say.

“This is a truly exciting moment for the Halo franchise,” stated Kiki Wolfkill, head of Halo Transmedia at 343 Industries. “Together with our creative and production partners at SHOWTIME and Amblin Television, the Halo television series will represent new and exciting way for fans to enter and engage with the Halo universe. We can’t wait to share more on what’s ahead.”

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2018/06/28/showtime-amblin-television-and-343-industries-bring-halo-to-television/

Who thought this could possibly be a good idea? Turning games into TV Shows or Movies never works out well.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

1 minute ago, Master Disaster said:

Who thought this could possibly be a good idea? Turning games into TV Shows or Movies never works out well.

How many times is this? 

• Warcraft
  • Assassin's Creed
  • Tomb Raider 

Castlevania on Netflix is awesome though. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

1 minute ago, captain_to_fire said:

How many times is this? 

• Warcraft
  • Assassin's Creed
  • Tomb Raider 

I've heard good things about Castlevania but isn't that animated? If so then that's why, animation allows for a higher level of artistic freedom than filming with real props.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Can we have a TF2 TV series?

Oh, and while I'm asking, War Thunder HAS to make a movie.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

3 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

I've heard good things about Castlevania but isn't that animated? If so then that's why, animation allows for a higher level of artistic freedom than filming with real props.

It's animated. Can't wait for Season 2 this summer.

6 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Can we have a TF2 TV series?

We have youtube SFMs for that, what more could you ask for?

6 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Oh, and while I'm asking, War Thunder HAS to make a movie.

Needs to have flipped tanks and planes then

1fGJomk.jpg

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Well I guess they’ve got those Stargate props just collecting dust. Might as well. Seriously, I hope it’s good.

2 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

yeah I felt like I watched a fan movie, that one ._.

I'd rather watch Nobbel87 on YouTube.

I agree that the Warcraft movie feels like a fan made film with a disclaimer at the beginning that says no copyright infringement intended.

3 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

eah I felt like I watched a fan movie, that one ._.

I am a fan of the warcraft lore. But the movie is only decent if I ignore all previous knowledge about warcraft. They shit on the established lore so bad with that one. 

343 wouldn't know a good story if it hit them over their heads....this isn't going to go well.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

6 hours ago, Castdeath97 said:

We have youtube SFMs for that, what more could you ask for?

True, but this isn't played on live TV :/ 

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

They were planning to make a Halo movie some years ago, but that fell through. 

Their real problem is the story they should tell is Reach. The Master Chief story is far too first-person in nature, which doesn't translate well, but Reach is a different type of story. You're functionally the nameless protagonist, so it's easy enough to not get caught up in the problems.

The real issue with Game to Movie adaptations is that media companies look at "big brand" first. Only certain genres & types of games have enough non-personal narrative story to make sense to convert into a Movie. Further, the Game audience has clearly shown to only mildly interact with the Movie audience. The Warcraft movie only really worked out because China loved it. (Warcraft is big over there.) 

Again?

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

1 hour ago, captain_to_fire said:

How many times is this? 

• Warcraft
  • Assassin's Creed
  • Tomb Raider 

can't forget halo, as there is a halo movie as well I can't say is terrible, but it's certainly not a movie you will watch twice, maybe not even once

The owner of "too many" computers, called

The Lord of all Toasters (1920X 1080ti 32GB)

The Toasted Controller (i5 4670, R9 380, 24GB)

The Semi Portable Toastie machine (i7 3612QM (was an i3) intel HD 4000 16GB)'

Bread and Butter Pudding (i7 7700HQ, 1050ti, 16GB)

Pinoutbutter Sandwhich (raspberry pi 3 B)

The Portable Slice of Bread (N270, HAHAHA, 2GB)

Muffinator (C2D E6600, Geforce 8400, 6GB, 8X2TB HDD)

Toastbuster (WIP, should be cool)

loaf and let dough (A printer that doesn't print black ink)

The Cheese Toastie (C2D (of some sort), GTX 760, 3GB, win XP gaming machine)

The Toaster (C2D, intel HD, 4GB, 2X1TB NAS)

Matter of Loaf and death (some old shitty AMD laptop)

windybread (4X E5470, intel HD, 32GB ECC) (use coming soon, maybe)

And more, several more

Probs gonna rely on nostalgia and knowing the game will be a huge plus. I suppose it might work given the type of market gamers are but in general games do not translate into movies/series

That's an F in the profile pic