Did actually people still using windows such windows 2000 neither XP or Vista?

aqilzs

Did people still using old operating system windows?such like windows 2000,XP or even Vista.I don't thing so because 2018 people still using windows xp for gaming...

Did suitable for gaming using such old windows?

Windows XP and Vista don't have most of the files, ability to download drivers, or even capability to realistically run a modern AAA game. This also works vice versa, where Windows 10 does not have the capability to run these older games without an emulator. Windows XP and Vista are still used though, typically for small home theatres and game emulation. I have probably 4 Windows XP systems lying around. Microsoft has stopped supporting Windows XP, and with it, many users of it are quickly departing. 

Cryptocurrency hobbyist! xD

Currently mining Ethereum at 180 Mh/s with 6x GPUs.

Currently buying Stellar Lumens (XLM) and Tron (TRX).  

Currently pumping with Big Pump Signal.

I have a system that uses XP and use it from time to time.

Some games just don't run on current OS's.

The system i have is offline but it still has a purpose.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

I do use old versions of Windows on Oracle VirtualBox but I just end up deleting system32 on them because I'm bored :)

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

People do still use them, but mostly to play older games that wont work on more modern Windows operating systems, as well as having a retro build. Why not?

hi.

not really, for gaming xp and vista is a no go, but for POS, ATM xp's are being used a lot, 

Vista was supported by most games up until 2017 as it supported DX10 and DX11 API's and was still supported by Microsoft. It was game over very quickly afterwards, though. XP was already 3 years obsolete by the time Vista was axed, but the user base has always been much bigger due to a much larger software library and better support for legacy applications and games.

Both are still in limited use, but mostly offline at this point.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

A few years ago I installed WinNT (4.0) on a modern(ish) laptop. Quite the fun experience to get everything to work, including USB (yes, USB did work under NT 4.0, if you had the drivers)

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

A lot of games from the early 90s to early 2000s are much more happy on Windows 98 SE than any of the Windows NT versions. So a lot of retro PC gamers use that OS to play those games. Otherwise, if someone is using a really old version of Windows, it's probably running some ancient hardware or something else that the company can't be half arsed to replace or they're really into that "if it an't broke, don't fix it" philosopy

21 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

A lot of games from the early 90s to early 2000s are much more happy on Windows 98 SE than any of the Windows NT versions. So a lot of retro PC gamers use that OS to play those games. Otherwise, if someone is using a really old version of Windows, it's probably running some ancient hardware or something else that the company can't be half arsed to replace or they're really into that "if it an't broke, don't fix it" philosopy

And let's not forget the ones that are SUPER cunty about only working on 9x/ME and not NT because they're stupid. >:(

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

If I still had my old computer, I’d still be using windows XP. 

Yes usually if you wanna play some retro games which absolutely don't run as good on anything else. Second reason might be just for nostalgia and third would be just because some people don't feel like moving to the next gen. I remember, the last semester I had this physics professor, she was using windows XP, and I asked her why? She just said : "It just works fine, don't need anything fancy". So yeah many people do use ancient windows.

Yes, especially Windows XP I was shocked that a lot of factories are still using this windows until this day! I don't know why factories don't update their software.

AMD Ryzen 1700x

Asus Crosshair VI Hero

GTX 1070

16gb RAM 2333Mhz

500gb Samsung SSD

Windows 10 & Linux

a friend uses XP because there's no way to install 7 on his pc, tried a ton of USBs, DVDs and the setup crashes so he's stuck with that

I also use XP in my uni netbook because even 7 starter lags in that thing and I can't afford a mac or an i7 laptop like 1st world students, been using it for 2 years and anything at all happened to it, I can even run light games on it which is kind of a miracle considering it only has 1GB memory and a single core CPU, seamonkey for internet and that's it, I just need to use Word to write stuff and Powerpoint for presentations so I use the 2003 version which works fine

the only computer at my old high school has windows 98 first edition

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

I have an old P4 laptop that runs XP. I use it to run older games I own that have trouble running on DosBox. I keep it off network though. No need to connect it to internet.

There's no place like ~

Spoiler

Problems and solutions:

FreeNAS

Spoiler

Dell Server 11th gen

Spoiler

ESXI

Spoiler