I feel extremely tired/fatigued every day after/at school

DrThots

I'm losing concentration during lessons and I have no energy and mindset to do anything the moment i finish eating dinner. I just lie on the couch and sleep for an hour or so. I go to sleep around midnight and have to wake up 7:15. I'm 13 so that's a pretty shitty scheduel but I just can not seem to get to bad at 9 or 10 like the rest of my friends. I've been having this scheduel for over years. Help?

How's your diet and exercise?  Getting enough water throughout the day?  Other than adding than making sure those things are balanced definitely make an effort to get to bed earlier.  Don't drink any caffeine and limit your screen time after school.  Other than that seeing a doctor can help.  They can recommend a better regimen and do some blood work to make sure you're getting enough nutrients and things like that.  Deficiencies in things like vitamin D can leave you feeling really drained.

1 minute ago, ShredBird said:

How's your diet and exercise?  Getting enough water throughout the day?  Other than adding than making sure those things are balanced definitely make an effort to get to bed earlier.  Don't drink any caffeine and limit your screen time after school.  Other than that seeing a doctor can help.  They can recommend a better regimen and do some blood work to make sure you're getting enough nutrients and things like that.  Deficiencies in things like vitamin D can leave you feeling really drained.

I drink a lot of water throughout the day of school. I don't drink caffeine, no energy drinks at all and I eat a balanced dinner lunch and breakfast that doens't have too much sugar and a good amount of carbs and protein

5 minutes ago, ShredBird said:

Havent done much exercise except from walking a lot in school, to home ect use to do rugby and badminton

39 minutes ago, DrThots said:

I'm losing concentration during lessons and I have no energy and mindset to do anything the moment i finish eating dinner. I just lie on the couch and sleep for an hour or so. I go to sleep around midnight and have to wake up 7:15. I'm 13 so that's a pretty shitty scheduel but I just can not seem to get to bad at 9 or 10 like the rest of my friends. I've been having this scheduel for over years. Help?

What about your parents? No offense but you're only 13 and your parents should keep an eye on this. 

Having said that, you can ask your parents yourself if they can make sure you go to bed earlier than midnight. Midnight is wayyy too late for a 13 year old to go to bed. 

After you've been going to bed earlier for a couple of weeks and still feel that way, you might want your blood checked. It's possible it's glandular fever or something similar. 

"To the wise, life is a problem; to the fool, a solution" (Marcus Aurelius)

Agree with what @Zandvliet said.  You should discuss your concern with your parents.

• Sleep earlier
  • Have a healthy breakfast to give you energy during the morning (which you said you are doing it)
  • Add a morning exercise routine

Sums up my University experience. Go to bed at 12, wake up at 7. Spend 4 hours on transit each day.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

I know it sounds cheesy but changing your mindset can really help.

Trust me, I know how that sounds.

19 minutes ago, Zandvliet said:

What about your parents? No offense but you're only 13 and your parents should keep an eye on this. 

Having said that, you can ask your parents yourself if they can make sure you go to bed earlier than midnight. Midnight is wayyy too late for a 13 year old to go to bed. 

After you've been going to bed earlier for a couple of weeks and still feel that way, you might want your blood checked. It's possible it's glandular fever or something similar. 

Will do, thanks alot

33 minutes ago, DrThots said:

Will do, thanks alot

No problem, hope it works out.

"To the wise, life is a problem; to the fool, a solution" (Marcus Aurelius)

Try 1mg of melatonin, i take 9mg buit im also quite big (And have a heavy tolorence to it)

4 hours ago, DrThots said:

I'm 13

Yay, it's not just me :3

What are you eating during the day? Any sports or anything during/after school?

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

17 hours ago, Canada EH said:

You need to see a professional, talk to your parents to set that up.

This. 

I have heard of cases of people being 'tired' all day, but in the end it was some illness that caused it. Not sure if that is the case, but getting your blood tested at the doctors could find either something like this and save you years of annoyance or they will likely say what has been said enough. Proper hydration, excercise, etc.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Before I proceed about your personal life, may I start with school life?

Is there something that you dislike at school? Your mates? School subject?

Are you burdened with homework?

What I'm trying to say is, is your school life making your sleep schedule messed up?

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

Drink milk before bed

Eat chocolate bar after morning rise.

Sudo make me a sandwich 

3 minutes ago, wasab said:

Drink milk before bed

Eat chocolate bar after morning rise.

Warm milk, or warm chocolate milk.

Works like charm, at least for me.

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

Go to bed earlier imo

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

2 hours ago, DimasRMDO said:

Before I proceed about your personal life, may I start with school life?

Is there something that you dislike at school? Your mates? School subject?

Are you burdened with homework?

What I'm trying to say is, is your school life making your sleep schedule messed up?

Nah, even with a lot of homework, I didn't normally get that tired. Especially after all my tests have finished about a week ago and no homework have been handed out, it's been completely stress free. I like school just waking up in the morning is the worst part of it

Sounds like lack of sleep.

I stayed up until 11:30 a couple nights in a row this week and I get up just before 6:00am every morning to get ready for work.  Lack of sleep catches up with you fast, I was so drained all day yesterday just from 2 late nights. I went to bed at 10:30 last night and feel much better today from that extra hour.

Given your age, If you're up at 7am each morning I'd try getting to bed at 10pm and see how that goes.

11 hours ago, DrThots said:

Nah, even with a lot of homework, I didn't normally get that tired. Especially after all my tests have finished about a week ago and no homework have been handed out, it's been completely stress free. I like school just waking up in the morning is the worst part of it

How's your lifestyle? Do you spend most of your time on PC? Do you exercise? Do you like to go out?

I've experienced something similar like you, but how I sorted it out was by exercising, it made me tired so.... I could go to bed earlier.

PC Specs

Indonesia

Australia 

When I was 10-18 I stayed up till about 2-4 a.m every single day and had to wake up at 6:00-6:30 for school. Was able to handle it fine until I started working. Not sure why but I can't anymore, even on weekends. I could pull all-nighters without even realizing it and still have energy to play oblivion until 11 pm when I would keep my parent awake and had to just play on my phone until 4-5 a.m

Maybe some kids just get away with it easier. I also only ate 2 or so huge meals a day instead of 3 medium sized ones.

If I were you I'd just start drinking half a cup of coffee (milk it up to a full one, not much sugar/creamer) or tea with some honey in it instead of sugar after school and resist the urge to nap after dinner. By 8-9 you should be fine to sleep. I personally never even came close to needing it so I didn't. 

Really wish I had my powers of infinite energy when I started going to Korea twice a year, 28 hours of travelling straight and not being able to sleep in an airplane seat.

I can very much relate to your experiences. I have pretty bad anxiety though, so attribute a lot of my tiredness/fatigue to that. I'm also an introvert, so I definitely need a recharge after highly social type of situations. 

How are you doing in that department? Any excessive anxiety/depression, other than a normal amount for your daily stress levels?

r/NoFap

Don't go to bed at midnight... 

That's an F in the profile pic

3 hours ago, bmichaels556 said:

I can very much relate to your experiences. I have pretty bad anxiety though, so attribute a lot of my tiredness/fatigue to that. I'm also an introvert, so I definitely need a recharge after highly social type of situations. 

How are you doing in that department? Any excessive anxiety/depression, other than a normal amount for your daily stress levels?

no anxiety or depression and stress levels are average for a gamer, but Im learning to control my rage after dying to sum FUCKING KIDS ;)