Lisa Su Confirms 7nm Radeon RX Graphics Cards For Gamers In 2019

6 hours ago, savagepain said:

its funny intel released a 28 core cpu then amd just released a 32 core and all this vega stuff 

It's always been like that ^^

one of them realeases something, the other one says oh btw we got all this stuff coming some time in the future...!

Folding stats

Vigilo Confido

1 minute ago, porina said:

I don't know how pricing is on mainland Europe, but are they really still silly? I can't imagine it being that different from the UK, at least in the free market zone. Taking two data points, 1070 start around £400 (450 eur), and 1080 start around £500 (570 eur). On the UK pricing, that is comparable to pre-mining levels. I got a FE 1070 for use in my VR system before mining, for £400. Arguably they could/should be even lower now, but offsetting that the price of ram has gone up regardless of mining.

I don't know enough to answer that. I doubt they would optimise solely for a certain GPU family, but certainly due to differences between them, one or other might do better.

I have no idea between the UK pounds but the 1070 costs higher than €450 and some are almost €600. However, the prices are not the same every day.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

Just now, CTR640 said:

i answered that question but not in your post. See my other reply to porina.

And so what I didn't bought it, how am I supposed to know the prices would explode?

Seems like it's really easy to throw out a solution without thinking about the repercussions it could have just because you're passionate about something and just want to yell out a simple solution to a complex problem.

You wanted a graphics card to replace your then at the time 3 year old GPU. You don't have to know prices are going to explode.  It's usually one of three things:

1. You actually are content with your current hardware and don't need to upgrade, so there shouldn't be complaints
  2. You're waiting for something new coming out and we can ballpark MSRPs all day long within relative accuracy, you already know what you're going to spend, you're just waiting and there's no need for complaints
  3. You want something at cheaper prices which aren't going to happen, so I don't understand complaints about prices

You could have bought a 1080 to replace your 780 at their original prices but you didn't. Now prices are high and that's a problem how? You get one price drop at best, that's as good as you're going to get during the life cycle. Get it while you can.

On topic:

Do we just get to see shrunk 56 and 64 or will AMD finally release a full product stack since 2015?

14 minutes ago, CTR640 said:

I have no idea between the UK pounds but the 1070 costs higher than €450 and some are almost €600. However, the prices are not the same every day.

There are way more expensive ones here too, but I was comparing cheapest available before mining and now. In a quick search I found one place in NL listing a 1070 at €470, so not far off.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

2 minutes ago, porina said:

There are way more expensive ones here too, but I was comparing cheapest available before mining and now. In a quick search I found one place in NL listing a 1070 at €470, so not far off.

Which webstore?

DAC/AMPs:

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

So it looks like it'll be an Nvidia card next, given there's going to be nothing from AMD to match my 4K TV.

5 minutes ago, CTR640 said:

Which webstore?

https://www.alternate.nl/INNO3D-/GeForce-GTX1070-IChiLL-X3-grafische-kaart/html/product/1297088?lk=20214

I don't know anything about them other than they were high up on Google, and as I don't read the language I don't know if there is anything else I might be missing.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

49 minutes ago, porina said:

https://www.alternate.nl/INNO3D-/GeForce-GTX1070-IChiLL-X3-grafische-kaart/html/product/1297088?lk=20214

I don't know anything about them other than they were high up on Google, and as I don't read the language I don't know if there is anything else I might be missing.

Alternate is a good webstore. I thought the cheapest GPU you were talking about was from MaxICT and that webstore is a scam, well, they say they got a shedload of products you wanna buy but after you paid, they simply shit on you by telling it's out of stock. So I would buy only from 5 webstores.

You got the right webstore, Alternate is where I build my PC rig. That webstore wasn't selling iChill, only the most known like Asus, EVGA, MSI and Gigabyte. Though the P

1080Ti has been dropping a little bit in price today:

https://azerty.nl/product/msi/2632161/geforce-gtx-1080-ti-gaming-x-11g-grafische-kaart-geforce-gtx-1080-ti

And EVGA:

https://tweakers.net/pricewatch/746887/evga-geforce-gtx-1080-ti-sc2-gaming.html

The first cheapest is from MaxICT........... You can see the stars of reviews already there lol

DAC/AMPs:

2 hours ago, CTR640 said:

Don't be like that. AMD and nVidia simply could have blocked mining by modifying drivers but they simply refuse.

I simply want to upgrade my 4 years and 2 months GTX780 but the prices are absurd.

The price of the 1070ti is actually aroh d where it launched for. Is it at msrp? No but let's be honest here most of the 10 series gpus were never sold at their msrp and were sold about 20 to 30 dollars above it to begin with.

7nm Navi definitely next year, though how much better will it be than 7nm Vega which they say is 35% faster. Maybe at least as mch as that I'd hope. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

another start of some unreasonable expectations about yet another AMD gpu, let the hype grow 

5 minutes ago, asus killer said:

another start of some unreasonable expectations about yet another AMD gpu, let the hype grow 

Yeah, I'm not holding my breath. That way I can only be pleasantly surprised if they knock it out of the park for once (on the GPU side that is). I don't expect anything until they ditch GCN in 2020 and even then I'm not entirely confident until we know any details at least - if not outright benchmarks.

14 hours ago, porina said:

It would set a bad precedent that they can choose what you want to do with the hardware. And it really wouldn't be that simple. Miners can change their code to evade any blocking attempt, and it'll just end up being a pointless war, and all users will suffer as the chances are there will be collateral damage along the way.

thank you! It is frustrating how often this argument of blocking mining comes up. Blocking arbitrary code in hardware is not in the interest of consumers.

Given that Pascal was mostly just a new process, this might be good.

Might.

Not holding my breath of course, but you never know.

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.

On 6/8/2018 at 10:52 PM, asus killer said:

evil-raccoon-meme-12-1.jpg

Without hype threads would only make it in to the 2nd or 3rd page, then what would we talk about. Set hype to maximum.

On 6/8/2018 at 4:29 PM, Trixanity said:

I don't expect anything until they ditch GCN in 2020 and even then I'm not entirely confident until we know any details at least - if not outright benchmarks.

Ya We won't be able to predict the performance at all by looking at the new architectural details. Just too many variables and too complicated. Especially moving to a non gcn part we have no ballpark from which to extrapolate. Need to wait for benchmarks..

The 7nm gamers GPU for 2019 part I fully expect will be Navi. It was always on the roadmap, whereas AMD never promised a gaming GPU out of 7nm Vega.

Will be interesting to see what Raja Koduri was able to muster up.

On 6/7/2018 at 10:50 PM, Blademaster91 said:

It isn't Nvidia's fault that AMD catered to the miners, people had nothing else to buy but Nvidia cards which were already in short supply.

And since the source for this news is wccf, i'd take this with plenty of salt.  Meanwhile the rumors so far Nvidia is releasing new cards in July or August.

Edit: AMD or Nvidia can't block miners from using cards.

AMD showcases 7nm in their event, doesn't anything to show for it, and get to keep milking RX and overpriced Vega, everyone still yells fuck Nvidia.

Nvidia doesn't show anything so people assume they won't realse anything new and accuse on Nvidia of milking.

Intel showcases something which obviously had some extreme cooling,and obviously won't be sold like that,has a great Cinebench score but everyone still has to find problems.

AMD caters to miners? I don't think you u understand enough about general compute to comment.

AMD simply has a different architecture to Nvidia (patents are a thing in the GPU scene, making it quite hard to even enter atm). They have been working hard to get into the workstation space, which means more general compute performance. This also makes them good for mining, as it doesn't really discriminate between workloads.

Andy's Vega cards are not really overpriced, at least, at msrp.

7nm Vega is a big deal, we could see up to 35% performance improvement. That would give them a significant edge over 10 series Nvidia GPUs. 

One of the big reasons people tell fuck Nvidia is with some of their business practices. Their Nvidia gameaworks leverages technologies that perform better, if not exclusively on Nvidia GPUs, whilst AMD support open source alternatives like bullet physics or TressFX, which run on AMD and Nvidia cards alike.

When Nvidia give support, they will give advice that will hurt performance on AMD GPUs. For instance, tesselation in crysis 2; ever wonder why even flat surfaces where tesselated? Or what levels had massive tesselated seas underneath them, even when not visible? Some say because tesselation performs considerably better on Nvidia than on AMD. Remove all the unnecessary tesselation and the game would have run just fine on AMD hardware.

When Intel showed the 28 cores chilled system, they didn't say it was overclocked, and clearly attempted to hide the massive chiller behind the system. It was also an old 6th gen CPU, nothing actually new. It was clesrly a tactic to get a lot of buzz. I personally don't agree with that particular practice. It should have been disclosed.

13 minutes ago, GMWolf said:

7nm Vega is a big deal, we could see up to 35% performance improvement.

How are they getting 35% better performance? Is it via higher clock speeds made possible with the new node?

Cause I don't think there big architectural improvements (this isn't Navi).

6 minutes ago, Humbug said:

How are they getting 35% better performance? Is it via higher clock speeds made possible with the new node?

AMD didn't exactly say but they were talking more about the node shrink than architecture change so I'm guess it's mainly higher clocks, which also means workloads that currently don't maximize the Vega architecture still won't which is why 7nm Vega probably isn't coming to gaming GPU and it'll be Navi.

6 minutes ago, Humbug said:

Lower TDP => better thermals => better clock speeds. 

Also smaller process allows for faster clock speeds even at same thermals, though the effect is less.

Let's hope they can actually compete with Nvidia this time.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

6 minutes ago, sof006 said:

Let's hope they can actually compete with Nvidia this time.

To all who say Vega was a disappointment. 

What?

Seriously, what?

Vega 56 performs better than a GTX 1070.

And Vega 64 slightly better than a 1080.

And always within about the same MSRP (let's ignore miners for a bit)

To me that's quite a good GPU! Sure, the 1080 ti is faster... But how many of you are rocking that?!?

35% faster 7nm Vega is great! A 7nm Vega 64 should beat out a 1080 ti!

We can't know for sure, but I think that once again, 7nm Vega will be on par with whatever Nvidia is about to show.

, miners are 100% affecting Nvidia too!

Not too long ago the 1070 was the most popular GPU on steam. Now it's the 1060.

After all, alt coins have made Nvidia quite sought after too.

13 minutes ago, GMWolf said:

Lower TDP => better thermals => better clock speeds. 

Also smaller process allows for faster clock speeds even at same thermals, though the effect is less.

So Vega FE boosts up-to 1600Mhz , 35% more means we are looking at  2100-2200Mhz. Impressive.