I got Mugged while away at PAX, but at least I got to meet Luke.

So yeah, I got mugged. They stole 600 dollars worth of my stuff including my money I got from selling my computer, My new Nintendo Switch, and my wallet. But besides that the community has been awesome. I just wanted to thank everyone including Luke because he was so nice to me I met him at the Intel booth. 

IMG_20180405_152735940.jpg

Edited by CcDevon
Edited out GoFundMe references.

You got mugged IN Boston, or someone robbed your place when you were gone?

Desktop: i9 11900k, 32GB DDR4, 4060 Ti 8GB 🙂

1 minute ago, Theguywhobea said:

Judging by what was stolen, he was probably mugged in Boston.

sorry to hear that dude, happy to hear you still had a fun time there tho

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

11 minutes ago, cragger89 said:

Bad luck, hope all goes well from now on.

Thanks, it was just a bad place in a bad time.

10 minutes ago, Theguywhobea said:

No they beat me up and mugged me. First one guy ran away with my bag. Another tripped me when I ran after him. I grabbed onto him and the four other guys started kicking me in the back of my head and on my body. Good thing I had my hands up to my face though. I then said screw this and threw my wallet away which they ran after. That gave me time to escape.

Just now, CcDevon said:

No they beat me up and mugged me. First one guy ran away with my bag. Another tripped me when I ran after him. I grabbed onto him and the four other guys started kicking me in the back of my head and on my body. Good thing I had my hands up to my face though. I then said screw this and threw my wallet away which they ran after. That gave me time to escape.

Where exactly were you in Boston? I'm there all the time and I've seen a few shady people but I don't hear reports of violent muggings too often.

This actually happened? Wow. Sorry to hear that...

UTC/GMT (Except during BST)

7 minutes ago, Theguywhobea said:

Where exactly were you in Boston? I'm there all the time and I've seen a few shady people but I don't hear reports of violent muggings too often.

Amc theatres was where I was right before it happened.

1 minute ago, CcDevon said:

Ohhhh you must have been in Dorchester then, that makes sense. There should be more warning to stay outta Dorchester at night.

This thread is part of the reason I HATE carrying cash to a convention even if it's a necessity.  Granted I primarily fear carelessly losing $750 more than being ROBBED, but still.

good old boston

i7-8700k @ 4.8Ghz | EVGA CLC 280mm | Aorus Z370 Gaming 5 | 16GB G-Skill DDR4-3000 C15 | EVGA RTX 2080 | Corsair RM650x | NZXT S340 Elite | Zowie XL2730 

Yeah Dorchester has a bad reputation for good reason, granted tourists going to PAX would not know this and unfortunately unlike in my state you can't have a gun at the ready if you need to go there.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

On 4/11/2018 at 4:45 PM, AresKrieger said:

Yeah Dorchester has a bad reputation for good reason, granted tourists going to PAX would not know this and unfortunately unlike in my state you can't have a gun at the ready if you need to go there.

Realistically, given the description (no weapons involved), the only way that would help is as a deterrent - them seeing you're armed, or you showing the weapon. Which wouldn't work anyway since they jumped him and by the time he knew he was being mugged, they already had his bag.

If a mugger steals your backpack, and runs away, and you shoot a fleeing thief (even if you magically aim at, say, the leg) you'll probably be charged. If he dies, you'll likely be facing some sort of homicide charge, like manslaughter.

Even in the US, proportional force is a thing.

Though if I understand correctly, there are some states with different laws regarding personal property/home defence.

You would have had to fear for your life to justify using a gun against unarmed assailants.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

13 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Though if I understand correctly, there are some states with different laws regarding personal property/home defence.

It's referred to as stand your ground laws, and my state is one of the one that has said laws, but since he didn't know what Dorchester is like he wouldn't have known to be on guard which is likely why he was surprised and would indeed have made the weapon less useful for him

Essentially you can defend your stuff with lethal force if need be depending on the wording of said law, though it varies and some of the laws are closer to a castle doctrine, regardless my mentioning of the weapon is more so for someone aware they are going into a dangerous area and in general. Ie I wouldn't expect someone to be packing at Pax even in a more gun friendly state.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

On 4/11/2018 at 1:09 PM, CcDevon said:

I got mugged. They stole 600 dollars worth of my stuff including my money

OK What city was it in, what community/area and what time of day, were you by yourself.

You should count yourself lucky that the mugging never went physical and hospital stay. Thats what I'd be scared of.

8 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

OK What city was it in, what community/area and what time of day, were you by yourself.

*snip*

You should count yourself lucky that the mugging never went physical.

On 11-4-2018 at 9:36 PM, CcDevon said:

On 11-4-2018 at 9:27 PM, CcDevon said:

There is more then just the OP post and your reply in this thread :S 

Also, cool story bro :D way to make this about you ;) 

@CcDevon Best of luck with the aftermath and i hope you'll be okay.