Ram expansion card worth it!!!!

Go to solution Solved by mikat,
7 minutes ago, ForChickenNuggets said:

THIS EXIST 

no this doesn't 'exist', this is simply a way to make servers with loads of memory slots that wouldn't fit on the motherboard otherwise.

example:

http://www.supermicro.com/products/motherboard/Xeon/C600/X10QBI.cfm?SKU=MEM1

You see how the cards have pci-e style connectors at the bottom and at the back of the main motherboard there are these really long pci-e style slots? they fit together to make the server have support for 96 dimms

Hey Linus bro i am new to ur website but not to ur channel i am a big fan of urs and when i got stuch in finding some technical answer i got a hope that u could help me out with that i have provided a image in attaachment that Tye product on amazon i am eager to know that does ram expansion really work or the price for such expansion card really worth it Thank you

Screenshot_2018-03-16-22-44-11-019_in.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.png

Why would you need one, just buy RAM and plug into motherboard

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

3 minutes ago, JDE said:

Why would you need one, just buy RAM and plug into motherboard

I have two slots in my motherboard which are full but i need more ram u know what i mean to say

5 minutes ago, Subham Sharma said:

I have two slots in my motherboard which are full but i need more ram u know what i mean to say

How much RAM do you currently have? You could potentially just replace it altogether, and go from say a 2x4Gb RAM config to 2x8Gb RAM config.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

1 minute ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

How much RAM do you currently have? You could potentially just replace it altogether, and go from say a 2x4Gb RAM config to 2x8Gb RAM config.

I have a old pc with 2*2gb ram on dual core platform

3 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

This is for a specfic server or workstation, you can't use it in your desktop.

Isn't there any alternative for it

1 minute ago, Subham Sharma said:

Isn't there any alternative for it

Upgrading your PC is the best alternative.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

1 minute ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Upgrading your PC is the best alternative.

That i know but u know i just dont wanna to throw it in dustbin i just want that old stuff to work like a new one hope u got it

if you have two slots then buy one 8GB stick

and save up for another 8GB stick

sell off your current 4gb stix

5 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

whats system do you have?

Dual core 4 gb ram DDR2 window10 ,

GT 710 graphics card

Just now, Subham Sharma said:

Dual core 4 gb ram DDR2 window10 ,

GT 710 graphics card

what dual core?

Why not just get bigger dimms?

you'll have better luck here https://downloadmoreram.com/

Favorite Threads: PSU Tier List

My Stuff n' Things

Spoiler

The Beast (My Rig)   |CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X|  |Cooling: Enermax Liquimax III, 6x 120mm Noctua Redux|  |Motherboard:  MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus|  |RAM: 4x32gb 3200 G.Skill TridentZ NEO|  |Graphics Card: EVGA(RIP) GeForce RTX 3070TI FTW3|  |Power Supply: Corsair CX-M 750W|  |Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Mid Tower Case(Black)|  |SSD: 1Tb WD BLACK NVMe, 500gb NVMe, 1Tb Samsung 850 EVO|  |Monitor: MSI Optix MPG341QR 34" Ultrawide|  |Keyboard: Logitech G815|  |Mouse: Logitech G203 LIGHTSYNC|  |Audio Interface: FiiO K7 DAC/Amp|  |Headphones: Sennheiser HD6XX |Webcam: Logitech C920, Logitech C270|

My Network Rack  |Switch: Cisco Dell PowerConnect 5548P|  |Router: Unifi USG|  |Rack: 12U|  |Server: HP Z420|  |Services: Proxmox PVE, Wireguard, Pihole, NVR, NAS|

The ultimate stumbling point is what your motherboard supports. Even if you could multiplex a DIMM slot, the motherboard isn't going to use more RAM that what the manual says it'll use.

I'm going to assume based on what was said that the board only supports up to 8GB. And with two DIMM slots that means it should support 4GB modules.

3 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

The ultimate stumbling point is what your motherboard supports. Even if you could multiplex a DIMM slot, the motherboard isn't going to use more RAM that what the manual says it'll use.

I'm going to assume based on what was said that the board only supports up to 8GB. And with two DIMM slots that means it should support 4GB modules.

Yp but where i can found 4bg stik DDR2 rams

THIS EXIST 

Setup:

Name: Ryzentosh

AMD Ryzen 5 1600

Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 570 8GB

MSI B350 PC Mate

Corsair Spec-01

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 2400mhz

Kingston A400 120GB

Seagate Barracuda 2TB

Thermaltake Smart RGB Series 600W

Be Quite! Pure Wings 2

"I don't make mistakes. I make prophecies which immediately turn out to be wrong." ~ Murray Walker RIP

7 minutes ago, ForChickenNuggets said:

THIS EXIST 

no this doesn't 'exist', this is simply a way to make servers with loads of memory slots that wouldn't fit on the motherboard otherwise.

example:

http://www.supermicro.com/products/motherboard/Xeon/C600/X10QBI.cfm?SKU=MEM1

You see how the cards have pci-e style connectors at the bottom and at the back of the main motherboard there are these really long pci-e style slots? they fit together to make the server have support for 96 dimms