Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Well.. I'd go by Clarkson's ideology. POWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER!

Been in the dirt a bit with my friend's Frontier.. Navara, whatever.. and it does okay. The size would probably be a major bonus though.

The navara is pretty lacking in power xD Its an old asthmatic turbo diesel

One of my fondest memories is when some arsehole in a volvo 240 passed me in a snowy road after blinding me with his high beams for a few miles.

I caught up to him shortly after when we came to a pretty steep hill.

I just let the torque pull me forward, rolled my window down on the passenger side and i couldn't resist going

"Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!" as i rolled past 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

The navara is pretty lacking in power xD Its an old asthmatic turbo diesel

One of my fondest memories is when some arsehole in a volvo 240 passed me in a snowy road after blinding me with his high beams for a few miles.

I caught up to him shortly after when we came to a pretty steep hill.

I just let the torque pull me forward, rolled my window down on the passenger side and i couldn't resist going

"Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!" as i rolled past 

Well thankfully my friend has a newer one that's not very anemic. :lol: This is also why you get light bars. Guy wants to high beam you? Lightbar his ass, and laugh like a maniac when you pass him.

Well thankfully my friend has a newer one that's not very anemic. :lol: This is also why you get light bars. Guy wants to high beam you? Lightbar his ass, and laugh like a maniac when you pass him.

I had rear lights. But i couldn't bring myself to sink to his level. Gloating when karma got him felt right though  :D

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Speaking of parking; a few years ago when I was still an intern in college, the company I worked for had one of our sprayers on location for a photo shoot or something. It was parked behind the building I worked out of for a few days. During those days, this is how I parked :)

Focus%20Sprayer_zpss89kdc3n.jpg

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

I had rear lights. But i couldn't bring myself to sink to his level. Gloating when karma got him felt right though  :D

I would go in to his lane and cut tracks in the snow to fuck him over a bit, especially if it's decently deep.

Speaking of parking; a few years ago when I was still an intern in college, the company I worked for had one of our sprayers on location for a photo shoot or something. It was parked behind the building I worked out of for a few days. During those days, this is how I parked :)

Genius! :D

I would go in to his lane and cut tracks in the snow to fuck him over a bit, especially if it's decently deep.

Genius! :D

Speaking of cutting tracks xD

When i was driving the snow plow tractor around here there was a guy that would blind me every damn day with his high beams (tractor mirrors are hell if someone has high beams on behind you)

One day i noticed that his car was parked along my route on his driveway.

Guess who got five tonnes of snow behind his car?

Speaking of cutting tracks xD

When i was driving the snow plow tractor around here there was a guy that would blind me every damn day with his high beams (tractor mirrors are hell if someone has high beams on behind you)

One day i noticed that his car was parked along my route on his driveway.

Guess who got five tonnes of snow behind his car?

You didn't.. :o

That's cruel, I like it. :D

You didn't.. :o

That's cruel, I like it. :D

Don't mess with a guy in a massey xD 

He complained and i got moved to another district.. But totally fucking worth it!

To the people who drive in snow, how's it like?

That's what i wanna know. I live in california, where there's mountains, but i live nowhere close to them. I remember i was driving through them, one minute it was nice and sunny, the next it was snowing and hailing.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

With proper tyres. Not too bad

A bit more slippery than usual and well. Now i've realized that i can't really explain it. 

NEver lived in snow, but here's my assumption:

Slick, but can be great fun drifting in it.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

With proper tyres. Not too bad

A bit more slippery than usual and well. Now i've realized that i can't really explain it. 

Slippery? I never experienced slipping tires before... even when the car was using worn tires with no tread to speak of...

Slippery? I never experienced slipping tires before... even when the car was using worn tires with no tread to speak of...

NEver lived in snow, but here's my assumption:

Slick, but can be great fun drifting in it.

It really depends on the snow you get and the tires you have. I guess generally if you're driving like you should be you'll notice a little bit of slippage and less control, almost like driving in heavy rains, but you do have more traction than in rain in snow that isn't slushy?

@techswede How's that? Roughly..

It really depends on the snow you get and the tires you have. I guess generally if you're driving like you should be you'll notice a little bit of slippage and less control, almost like driving in heavy rains, but you do have more traction than in rain in snow that isn't slushy?

Ok i guess. I've never really thought about how it feels like to drive in snow now that i think about it

-snip-

Looks like fun...

I see... I've driven in heavy rain (and light floods) lots of times and all I lose is acceleration... cornering is still pretty solid...

Ok i guess. I've never really thought about how it feels like to drive in snow now that i think about it

I see... I've driven in heavy rain (and light floods) lots of times and all I lose is acceleration... cornering is still pretty solid...

Yeah I have no clue how to explain it because it can vary a lot..

Looks like fun...

Kinda is^^

Add some slip in the corners and you are getting closer.

Sometimes you can break traction on a straight by just giving the car a bit more gas

Yeah I have no clue how to explain it because it can vary a lot..

I'm gonna try it in an empty parking lot if ever I end up in Oregon or Ontario during the winter...

Kinda is^^

Add some slip in the corners and you are getting closer.

Sometimes you can break traction on a straight by just giving the car a bit more gas

Hmm... Sounds like TCS and ABS would be good for that weather...

I'm gonna try it in an empty parking lot if ever I end up in Oregon or Ontario during the winter...

Go to Montana in January or February.. :P

I wonder if I can convince Ford to pay for a trip across Siberia..

- snip -

Oh yeahh , now that's what i like to see .

i could get behind that bad boy any day . 

(⌐■_■)