Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Just now, terrytek said:

it was? how come i never saw one on craigslist in manual? and i'm sure it was discontinued, along with the normal cts wagon, after cadillac starting adding new models to its sedan lineup.

Yeah, and I think the reason why you've never found one is because they weren't really sold. I think they discontinued them after a year or two because they sold poorly.

Just now, vinyldash303 said:

You can go up and down 10 pounds all the time. Mostly just water weight. @RevoltTrain could get a haircut and loose 12 pounds.

And probably because the manual option was ordered in really low numbers.

Yeah I started at about 6'5" 340 and I've been in the 290 range the last month, but I've also not been going out running as much and I've not been watching what I've been eating as much, but at least I'm at a point that when I don't actively try to lose weight or anything I at least don't gain any weight.

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Rip.

c4c8b7aa0eab22a3826d2df6d4a4642c.png

Try a gyazo?

It's a video, dangit, check the video I added to that though

Even though they say as a joke that it's a LS1 it's actually the 2.2, trying to imagine what it'd be like with the 4.3

A lot less gutless. :/ 

if you do get another one try to get a 98+.

I kinda want a 3rd gen in Blue, exactly like in the video, but if I can find a 4th gen with not a ton of miles and at least a V6 if not a swapped V8 I'll have someone locally weld the diff and I'd try to get it low to the ground

51 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Well I am planning to lower it a little bit. 

IIRC you quoted @FuzzyYellow and then started bitching about he's going to ruin his Accord if he puts an exhaust on it. 

any exhaust, no. What i said was people was who slap race and fart can exhausts on accords and civics need to stop. Its a waste of money, and ive already explained why. 

The only reason i say that is because all the videos linked to it so far are guys whove dropped loud ass race exhausts on their accords. 

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

1 minute ago, vinyldash303 said:

What generations are we talking about? 1st gen was the squarebodys, 2nd was like the one you had, then 3rd gen or "2nd gen post facelift" is the one I have, and then 4th gen is the colorados and the canyons.

Thats how I always understood it anyway. O.o

I always thought the one Justin had was a 3rd gen and you had a 4th gen, I may be wrong though.

Meant 2nd gen then, if I could find one with less than 130K on it and blue with the V6. If not I'll look for a 3rd gen, as long as I can find a single cab V6 model that is

4 minutes ago, Atmos said:

any exhaust, no. What i said was people was who slap race and fart can exhausts on accords and civics need to stop. Its a waste of money, and ive already explained why. 

The only reason i say that is because all the videos linked to it so far are guys whove dropped loud ass race exhausts on their accords. 

i don't think any of us on this thread are that stupid to slap on a fart can on our honda/toyota/mazda/nissan, etc. we know better than that. we try to find exhausts just just improve the tonality of the exhaust note, not destroy them.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

1 minute ago, vinyldash303 said:

Well, the post face lift ones are gonna have a bit more power, and drive a bit better because they won't be throttle body injection, and the interior will be a bit more updated, and the tranny will also drive a bit better because it won't be a tv cable controlled one IIRC. 

Makes sense, but I've always liked the idea of a mini drift truck, and after watching that video and seeing what the 4 cylinder could do with a welded diff and remembering with the V6 could do with an open diff, I miss it

My only things I really need in a car is RWD, skids potential, and practical. Auto or manual doesn't really matter to me, I just want some sideways fun in a daily

anyone want to explain to me how a "fart can" works exactly? 

It's a type of muffler yet the cars they are on are somehow louder and more obnoxious than without them(i.e. no muffler) lol 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

9 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

anyone want to explain to me how a "fart can" works exactly? 

It's a type of muffler yet the cars they are on are somehow louder and more obnoxious than without them(i.e. no muffler) lol 

I think it's just a big (could be as big as 6.5" ID) pipe with nothing inside it, to swirl the exhaust gases, and then exit through some small tip (around 2.5" OD). i think the constriction from the muffler to the pipe is what causes this "fart" noise.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

You guys think I can get a decently running car for like $1K? All I want is a manual and for it run without problems. Don't really care about the paint condition or anything.

Any help searching for something? I live in Houston.

4 minutes ago, byalexandr said:

You guys think I can get a decently running car for like $1K? All I want is a manual and for it run without problems. Don't really care about the paint condition or anything.

look up for typical beaters (honda civic, toyota corolla, mazda protege), those can be had for 1 grand or less. and those you can find in manual, guaranteed. but why do you need it? don't you already have a truck?

10 minutes ago, byalexandr said:

Oh easily if you're open to most things

3 hours ago, vinyldash303 said:

@Atmos I have yellow fog lights, blue hose clamps, and rally armor mud flaps, and decals on my s10. Am I a ricer yet?

Edit: forgot he picture of the hose clamps. But I do have a picture of the blue brake calipers. 

dont you also have a purple rear diff?

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

16 minutes ago, byalexandr said:

Go find my old corolla in a junkyard in Louisiana somewhere and fix it. Good car mechanically and maintained like it was royalty other than the accident damage. Lol

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

19 minutes ago, terrytek said:

look up for typical beaters (honda civic, toyota corolla, mazda protege), those can be had for 1 grand or less. and those you can find in manual, guaranteed. but why do you need it? don't you already have a truck?

Sort of. My dad is still using it and I can't use it until he gets a new car, which I have to make the down payment for. So I'm wondering if it'd be better just to get a car with the money I have now, which is only like $1K. idk tho, it might be better to just save the $2K. I'm still trying to sell my PC but I'll end up a few hundred short even then.

I still never came up with a good name for my miata... lol

I'm about to call it "the cure for homework" because im sick and tired of this homework lol

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, byalexandr said:

Sort of. My dad is still using it and I can't use it until he gets a new car, which I have to make the down payment for. So I'm wondering if it'd be better just to get a car with the money I have now, which is only like $1K. idk tho, it might be better to just save the $2K. I'm still trying to sell my PC but I'll end up a few hundred short even then.

get your motorcycle license and get a cheap used motorcycle? 

I don't care for motorcycles myself but they are awesome for getting to place to place on the cheap. 

Spoiler

13 minutes ago, terrytek said:

Number one has some front end issues but I can fix those. The interior is pretty much gone already, might as well strip it and put a racing seat in. The only thing I don't like is that it has 240K on the odo and that means a lot of small engine repairs that eventually add up (that's what I hear happens to BMWs).

Number two took the worst possible pictures and it has 200K... Plus he 'fixed' the A/C so there's bound to be something else majorly wrong, especially considering all the things he's trying to hid in the photos.

Number three has the funniest looking exterior I've ever seen xD but I can just spray paint it or something. I do like the mileage though, especially good since it's a Toyota.

Number four, I'm not much of an SUV guy but that looks pretty okay. I'd prefer a car though, and I don't particularly like Nissan either, with the exception of the S13/S14/S15 of course.

4 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

get your motorcycle license and get a cheap used motorcycle? 

I don't care for motorcycles myself but they are awesome for getting to place to place on the cheap. 

It's a lot of work to get one in Texas. I have to take more classes and then apply for another permit.... At that point I'd have the $2K saved up. Plus my parents don't like motorcycles for daily driving. They're fine with it if I ride once in a while but not everyday. And I already have my full driver's license so I'll just stick with that.

Which is why I also want a manual, makes daily driving way more fun. 'My' truck is a 4 speed auto with a V6 so it's about as boring as can get. Luckily it's RWD though, can't blame that.

2 minutes ago, byalexandr said:

It's a lot of work to get one in Texas. I have to take more classes and then apply for another permit...

Is it really here? Ah fuck that then.

16 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

TBH I do too until I look up under it. 

Purple diff cover

Mint sway bars

Blue hose clamps + calipers + battery tray.

One thing I do have going for me though is I didn't paint my rear drums because that would be just ludicrous.

Oh so that would be ludicrous but not the mint colored sway bars? :P

2 minutes ago, byalexandr said:

Number one has some front end issues but I can fix those. The interior is pretty much gone already, might as well strip it and put a racing seat in. The only thing I don't like is that it has 240K on the odo and that means a lot of small engine repairs that eventually add up (that's what I hear happens to BMWs).

Number two took the worst possible pictures and it has 200K... Plus he 'fixed' the A/C so there's bound to be something else majorly wrong, especially considering all the things he's trying to hid in the photos.

Number three has the funniest looking exterior I've ever seen xD but I can just spray paint it or something. I do like the mileage though, especially good since it's a Toyota.

Number four, I'm not much of an SUV guy but that looks pretty okay. I'd prefer a car though, and I don't particularly like Nissan either, with the exception of the S13/S14/S15 of course.

honestly, if you can take care of a protege, it will last long into 300k. i have a 2002 model with 260k (i feel like i say this way too often here lol) and it's been treated religiously, and i'm confident it can hit 300k miles, but i probably won't have the car long enough to see it.

and the corolla seems to be quite clean, especially the engine bay, but it seems so spartan in there. no tach, no power windows i assume, and even steelies. not exactly a lot for the money.