Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Just now, AlwaysFSX said:

Because fuck you and your opinion /s

What he said!

Exhaust design is important, putting a number of short radius bends in the exhaust adds significant restriction.

Just now, vinyldash303 said:

I'm going to move pictures I took today onto my computer and post them. Should take about five to 10 min, and when I come back lets have this place back to normel eh?

Lets be honest, this is pretty normal for us lol

3 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Because fuck you and your opinion /s

That's the internet really.

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

About every two weeks or so we get snippy and then chill back out.

Eh, I'd say about monthly. Depends what the current topic is.

Heeeeey, who wants to talk about wagons?

me. of course me, i absofreakinglutely love wagons. if bmw made a wagon version of the e39 m5, i would have bought one right away. i mean the sedan looks nice, but i want the practicality of a wagon. don't care if it adds more weight compared to the sedan, a lowered wagon looks much better to me than a lowered sedan.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

2 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

We need you here BB. 

But to answer this question, because there's always the need to make yourself feel better and some people get that from shitting on others.

I've been cleaning for the last 10 hours and just ate for the first time since I've been up so today has been hectic. Starting to look into maybe investing in something so I've been talking with accountants and people of that nature the last couple days, been trying to get a license and job as well. Who knew being 18 was so hectic? But I'm seeing my all time favorite band on Saturday, a band I grew up on and their music got me through a lot, the one and only Blink 182, I really want to buy Green Day tickets but the show near me is in like 2 weeks and I can't pull that off that soon sadly

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

1 minute ago, terrytek said:

me. of course me, i absofreakinglutely love wagons. if bmw made a wagon version of the e39 m5, i would have bought one right away. i mean the sedan looks nice, but i want the practicality of a wagon. don't care if it adds more weight compared to the sedan, a lowered wagon looks much better to me than a lowered sedan.

Magnum pls ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

If only this was a GSX not GST

http://southbend.craigslist.org/cto/5746372249.html

1 minute ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Magnum pls ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

i'd actually consider the magnum srt8, if it didn't drink gas like a motherfucker, and it didn't come in autotragic only. ;) 

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I just depositied more cash than I've ever held into the bank and so far adulting is going pretty good. I didn't even spend a chunk of it on headers! :D IM ADULTING

Adulting is difficult, especially with the girlfriend going back to school and pulling 8 hour shifts everyday at Applebee's. But it's worth it, once I've got a car to wrench on I'll be way less stressed out

3 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

I've been cleaning for the last 10 hours and just ate for the first time since I've been up so today has been hectic. Starting to look into maybe investing in something so I've been talking with accountants and people of that nature the last couple days, been trying to get a license and job as well. Who knew being 18 was so hectic? But I'm seeing my all time favorite band on Saturday, a band I grew up on and their music got me through a lot, the one and only Blink 182, I really want to buy Green Day tickets but the show near me is in like 2 weeks and I can't pull that off that soon sadly

I'm so happy for both of their new albums.

1 minute ago, vinyldash303 said:

I just depositied more cash than I've ever held into the bank and so far adulting is going pretty good. I didn't even spend a chunk of it on headers! :D IM ADULTING

You should buy headers. ;)

Just now, terrytek said:

i'd actually consider the magnum srt8, if it didn't drink gas like a motherfucker, and it didn't come in autotragic only. ;) 

Autotragic sounds amazing. Though personally I'd go for a CTS V wagon above all else, except they're out of production I think.

What looks better as far as picture wise? I need some of these for a class.

I prefer the top one myself

1 minute ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Autotragic sounds amazing. Though personally I'd go for a CTS V wagon above all else, except they're out of production I think.

It's a crazy year, Blink 182, Metallica, and Green Day all have new albums and are touring, Pokemon is more popular than ever, the general car / drifting scene is the strongest it's been in my entire life (at least where I live)

2016 has been great really, other than politically, but lets not get into that

2 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

What looks better as far as picture wise? I need some of these for a class.

Top looks better on my monitor.

1 minute ago, RevoltTrain said:

I prefer the top one myself

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I want to so bad :( 

Soon enough

Just now, RevoltTrain said:

It's a crazy year, Blink 182, Metallica, and Green Day all have new albums and are touring, Pokemon is more popular than ever, the drifting scene is the strongest it's been in my entire life (at least where I live)

2016 has been great really, other than politically, but lets not get into that

Well politics and famous people dropping like flies.

Top looks better on my monitor.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Soon enough

Well politics and famous people dropping like flies.

That's true, I got to see some of my favorite bands this summer that are not going to be around much longer, like Yellowcard and Sum 41. It's been a crazy year, easily the best of my life, yet.

3 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

still needs a manual. and the ctsv wagon has been out of production for 2 years now i think? could be more.

You know what sucks? I've got tons of tattoo plans, but I don't know what to get in which order, some I'm gonna wait until I'm down a bit more weight wise (dropped 50 lbs this year alone, 40 more and I'll be happy) but at least I know what I want and all

2 minutes ago, terrytek said:

still needs a manual. and the ctsv wagon has been out of production for 2 years now i think? could be more.

It was available with one. Wikipedia fails me though, doesn't say when it went out of production.

Here's the pics from today

Now do it on a mountain. :D

I really did want to set my camera up and take stills off a video but there were public works people there so spinning it around a few times was a bad idea.

I don't see the problem with doing that. :ph34r:

1 minute ago, RevoltTrain said:

You know what sucks? I've got tons of tattoo plans, but I don't know what to get in which order, some I'm gonna wait until I'm down a bit more weight wise (dropped 50 lbs this year alone, 40 more and I'll be happy) but at least I know what I want and all

for some reason, i lost 10 pounds in 3 weeks, even though i haven't worked out and i eat like complete shit (like half a bag of cheetos a day shit). i think that's a bad thing, or i just have some stupidly fast metabolism.

2 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

It was available with one. Wikipedia fails me though, doesn't say when it went out of production.

Now do it on a mountain. :D

it was? how come i never saw one on craigslist in manual? and i'm sure it was discontinued, along with the normal cts wagon, after cadillac starting adding new models to its sedan lineup.