Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

3 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

SPEAKING of drums, do you guys use shoes that are riveted or glued?

hmm speaking of shoes.. what is the best shoes i can put on my corolla? xD

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

1 minute ago, vinyldash303 said:

On drum brakes, the shoes, the drum equivelant of pads, the friction material will be glued or riveted to the bracket that the piston pushes on.

No idea. I didn't know they used different ways of mounting the stuff.

8 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

SPEAKING of drums, do you guys use shoes that are riveted or glued?

4-wheel disc ftw. ;)

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

1 minute ago, vinyldash303 said:

I can convert my rear drums to discs but I'd loose my e brake. :(

Rip a setup off a different vehicle?

Just now, vinyldash303 said:

I can do this too. But it's a lot of work. Have to get parts from a mid 90's camry, and have to fabricate a 4 lug brake disc or just drill holes in the 5 lug disc to make it work.

Just not worth it to me... rather just buy another car lol

But what can I do to make my drums optimal? best shoes? I know drums are nothing fancy but surely there are better shoes than the wagner's I have on there now?

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

2 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

I rarely use mine due to how crappy mine is. Habit to never park with it on anyways, just park in gear.

4 minutes ago, MEC-777 said:

4-wheel disc ftw. ;)

Not everyone can have that luxury, especially when you drive a 40 year old vehicle.

CPU: i7-4770k @4.8ghz---Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth z97---Ram 32gb Corsair Vengeance---GPU: 2 EVGA GTX 980 4gb way sli---Case: Corsair 600T White---Storage: 500gb 850 Pro & WD Black 4tb---PSU: Corsair RM1000

3 minutes ago, GlassBomb said:

I rarely use mine due to how crappy mine is. Habit to never park with it on anyways, just park in gear.

Sometimes they are really needed lol, with how heavy my truck is I'm always making sure I set my brake.

CPU: i7-4770k @4.8ghz---Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth z97---Ram 32gb Corsair Vengeance---GPU: 2 EVGA GTX 980 4gb way sli---Case: Corsair 600T White---Storage: 500gb 850 Pro & WD Black 4tb---PSU: Corsair RM1000

7 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Yeah the 4wd versons of the s10s used discs on all 4 wheels, but the cable assy is different.

Totally work jury rigging that together.

4 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

The negligable stoping power increase of rear discs isn't worth the half arsed e brake and bigger pain in the ass of getting pads to me. :/

But it'd be an experience! :D

3 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

too much turbo is just barely enough! :P

The negligable stoping power increase of rear discs isn't worth the half arsed e brake and bigger pain in the ass of getting pads to me. :/

I'd rather have boost as fast as possible than a laggy turbo xD
HX27W or HX30W is more than enough for my 350hp goal :)

Found anything?

5 minutes ago, TheTiger said:

I'd rather have boost as fast as possible than a laggy turbo xD
HX27W or HX30W is more than enough for my 350hp goal :)

Found anything?

pff aim for a higher goal like me, I'm wanting to make 700hp and 700-800tq. You need more torque to get that bad boy off the line lol

On the topic of turbos, am i the only person here that likes flame spitting anti-lag and LOUD bov sounds?

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

5 minutes ago, Icuw1pc said:

pff aim for a higher goal like me, I'm wanting to make 700hp and 700-800tq. You need more torque to get that bad boy off the line lol

Nope I don't, I'm looking for a track oriented setup, so hitting full boost early is very important for me. I'd rather spend my money on good brakes/tires/aero.

Just now, Strando123 said:

On the topic of turbos, am i the only person here that likes flame spitting anti-lag and LOUD bov sounds?

On the one side I like it, on the other side I would never do it to my own car.

28 minutes ago, Icuw1pc said:

Not everyone can have that luxury, especially when you drive a 40 year old vehicle.

try 66 year old vehicle :P

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

8 minutes ago, Icuw1pc said:

Pfft. 1100hp 

4 minutes ago, Strando123 said:

I'm not a fan. Full re circulation and no anti-lag ftw

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

47 minutes ago, Maybach123 said:

That's too old, it would rust too easy in Montana lol I already have a hard time with my 76 depending on where I drive.

5 minutes ago, Maybach123 said:
5 minutes ago, techswede said:
5 minutes ago, techswede said:

Pfft. 1100hp 

Pfft. 1100hp 

I couldn't get 1100hp out of this engine without moving away from pump gas.

18 minutes ago, Icuw1pc said:

pff aim for a higher goal like me, I'm wanting to make 700hp and 700-800tq

bla bla bla
Out of which engine? Proof it to me :)

I hate when sb. say's what he/she could do, but does not even have a penny for new tires.

20 minutes ago, Icuw1pc said:

That's too old, it would rust too easy in Montana lol I already have a hard time with my 71 depending on where I drive.

i have managed to keep it from  rusting but Montana is different than nj. i actually have not been to Montana closest thing to it i have been to is dear valley Utah 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

24 minutes ago, TheTiger said:

bla bla bla

I hate when sb. say's what he/she could do, but does not even have a penny for new tires.

chevy 498 that I've been working on for the last 5 years., I don't have that yet nor am I close to that lol

I've got papers and video of dyno lol

Also I didn't say I could do that, it's just a goal of mine to get that much power out of my K30.. Plus unlike some people I've got a good job and I've got plenty of pennies for new tires :)

20 minutes ago, TheTiger said:

bla bla bla

Because money grows on trees right 9_9

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"