Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

@RevoltTrain Nananananananananananananananana SAAAB MAAAAANNN

s-l1600.jpg

⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷
⠀⣿⣿⡆⠀⢸⣿⣿⣾⡇⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣗⣻⡻⠿⠁
⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁

32 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

Yep. Hopefully it’s as reliable as Toyota wants us to believe 

TRD is technically a "Tuning company"

You think they're going to use those extra provisions to make a special TRD version with all the bracing and coolers and vents functional?

My biggest worries with the car are, that you're expecting Toyota techs who typically work on very simple cars, on something that complicated

And just the name Supra honestly. If they would have gone with the FT1 concept stylistically, it would have been great. But it looks like the front end they went with is just missing something, and doesn't look like a "Supra"

If they would have gone with the Celica name, and brought that back, most people complaining about the BMW bits wouldn't have a reason to complain. 

If they would have gone that route they could have still made that possible TRD version, and made the Supra a trim again, like it was originally.

But I don't see an issue with them partnering with BMW, BMW IMO just makes better parts than Toyota does in the places they used BMW parts (AKA the powertrain, and just about the entire interior)

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

2 hours ago, RevoltTrain said:

You think they're going to use those extra provisions to make a special TRD version with all the bracing and coolers and vents functional?

My biggest worries with the car are, that you're expecting Toyota techs who typically work on very simple cars, on something that complicated

And just the name Supra honestly. If they would have gone with the FT1 concept stylistically, it would have been great. But it looks like the front end they went with is just missing something, and doesn't look like a "Supra"

If they would have gone with the Celica name, and brought that back, most people complaining about the BMW bits wouldn't have a reason to complain. 

If they would have gone that route they could have still made that possible TRD version, and made the Supra a trim again, like it was originally.

But I don't see an issue with them partnering with BMW, BMW IMO just makes better parts than Toyota does in the places they used BMW parts (AKA the powertrain, and just about the entire interior)

i actually like modern toyota interiors tho. i think they could design a nice interior for the supra. though i got nothing to complain about with the bmw interior, other than maybe the idrive stuff.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

3 hours ago, RevoltTrain said:

is TRD dead now that Gazoo Racing is a thing? Btw the Supra has a GR badge

Celica was a much cheaper much lower end car... 

Here's the thing... 90's early 00's... I think they are over. We want the manufacturers to make a car from that era. That's what we really want. But... they just can't. You have to realize... they literally cannot. Not with all the crap we have today. 

With that mindset it does make it easier to be a little less critical of the new supra. It seems like they did what they /could/ do. It is expensive tho... that's my only problem with it

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

8 hours ago, StarsMars said:

Husqvarna 701 Vitpilen

Husqvarna Nuda 900R is better ? 

image.png.1a3feb372f5963a88f617ee668dfde3e.png

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

1 hour ago, PandaCopyRight said:

Husqvarna Nuda 900R is better ? 

But what about the ducati scrambled egg?

2017-Ducati-Scrambler-Desert-Sled-Review

1 minute ago, StarsMars said:

But what about the ducati scrambled egg?

Monster is better ... with all of its 1200cc 

but i actually am considering a Monster 797 for when i get a bike 

image.png.27059844cc97a9dd7f76f567564f5a53.png

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

When your co-worker says if you get a motorcycle you have to get a manual its more fun so you can do wheelies, but then says manuals dont matter in cars. -_- my co-workers are retarded. I dont know where they get their thoughts from. XD

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

9 hours ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

fuck, this car makes me W E T

You know that's FWD with a wimpy automatic, right? You better invest in tires, LCA's and transmission rebuilds cause those cars just burn through those three things.

2 minutes ago, Bitter said:

You know that's FWD with a wimpy automatic, right? You better invest in tires, LCA's and transmission rebuilds cause those cars just burn through those three things.

Oh I know it's front-wheel drive. That's about half of why I want it.

Also, have heard that the Grand Prix GXP does go through transmissions. My selection of cars is always bouncing around and while I'd like to own one, I'm leaning towards a 90s compact wagon, hatchback or SUV.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

4 minutes ago, Bitter said:

Why did so many GM cars have (or still have?) transmission issues? 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Just now, Dan Castellaneta said:

Oh I know it's front-wheel drive. That's about half of why I want it.

Also, have heard that the Grand Prix GXP does go through transmissions. My selection of cars is always bouncing around and while I'd like to own one, I'm leaning towards a 90s compact wagon, hatchback or SUV.

Paseo with a turbo swap, if you want weird. 4E-FTE FTW.

1 minute ago, bcredeur97 said:

Why did so many GM cars have (or still have?) transmission issues? 

Roughly the same reason that Ford did/does? Take RWD trans, turn sideways with a bigass chain, shrink components to fit into a smaller FWD package, then steadily increase engine output without making the trans any stronger.

1 minute ago, Bitter said:

Paseo with a turbo swap, if you want weird. 4E-FTE FTW.

Yeah, I'm not spending months trying to scout for a Paseo here in Alabama. I dig them but they are NOT worth my time to find one.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

9 hours ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Yeah, I'm not spending months trying to scout for a Paseo here in Alabama. I dig them but they are NOT worth my time to find one.

just get an older corolla or something. They were light, tossable, reliable, and surprisingly funner than you'd expect

Spoiler

10 hours ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Meanwhile I'm sitting here having a really hard time selling my Paseo, even when it has an engine with only 40k miles on it. The exterior is in pretty good condition too.

IMG_20181104_130628028_HDR.thumb.jpg.ccda0fd234c3d34997398fc03c000472.jpg

Computer engineering grad student, machine learning researcher, and hobbyist embedded systems developer

Daily Driver:

CPU: Ryzen 7 4800H | GPU: RTX 2060 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

Gaming PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X | GPU: EVGA RTX 2080Ti | RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

1 hour ago, thegreengamers said:

Meanwhile I'm sitting here having a really hard time selling my Paseo, even when it has an engine with only 40k miles on it. The exterior is in pretty good condition too.

-snip-

how much you asking for it? I could use a crappy economical car right now

Spoiler

ok ... i have to ask ..  whats with this forums and weird car love?