Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

And the dickhead of the year award goes to the driver of the Audi i passed on the way home. (Audi 100) 

He was going a bit too slow so i passed him. No big deal right? Wrong.

Dickhead passed me way too close and then proceeded to brake check me until i just got fed up and turned off the highway. 

He'll be feeling real good the next time the cops spy his license plate. 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

1 minute ago, techswede said:

And the dickhead of the year award goes to the driver of the Audi i passed on the way home. (Audi 100) 

He was going a bit too slow so i passed him. No big deal right? Wrong.

Dickhead passed me way too close and then proceeded to brake check me until i just got fed up and turned off the highway. 

He'll be feeling real good the next time the cops spy his license plate. 

You reported him to the police? 

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

6 minutes ago, arnavvr said:

You reported him to the police? 

Wouldn't you? Psycho almost caved my front end in

And i don't mean just gentle little "Hey slow down" braking. I mean "i'm going to fuck your car up" braking. 

First one was a full on, standing on the brakes right in front of me, 70km/h to 20km/h "Fuck you" thing.

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

10 minutes ago, techswede said:

And i don't mean just gentle little "Hey slow down" braking. I mean "i'm going to fuck your car up" braking. 

First one was a full on, standing on the brakes right in front of me, 70km/h to 20km/h "Fuck you" thing.

And that's why I want a truck from the 80s with an exocage.

Are we scooter friendly here too? I'm working on my 1988 Honda Elite 50cc (Rear tire tube needs new) 

images.jpg

I like to kill hardware. In 2016 alone I have killed 20 Xeon 5160, and 10+ Pentium 4. 

12 minutes ago, techswede said:

1 minute ago, AlwaysFSX said:

And thats why I have a Dash cam!

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU AMD R7 7800X3D    Motherboard Asrock B650E Taichi Lite    RAM Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB 5200mhz    GPU ASUS RTX4080 STRIX 

Case Fractal Torrent   Storage Samsung 980Pro 2TB, Crucial P3 Plus 4TB x2,     PSU Corsair RM1000x    Cooling Deepcool AK620

2 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

This is why i'm currently looking at dash cams. I mean i've seen shit like this before but this guy was nuts.

Just now, TVwazhere said:

And thats why I have a Dash cam!

Just now, techswede said:

This is why i'm currently looking at dash cams. I mean i've seen shit like this before but this guy was nuts.

Great minds think alike xD 

1 minute ago, techswede said:

Great minds think alike xD 

I'm currently using Blacksys CH100B, it's a 2 channel system (front and back cameras)

Another good system is BlackVue DR650S, very similar to the system I bought

Both were around $250 USD (On massdrop)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU AMD R7 7800X3D    Motherboard Asrock B650E Taichi Lite    RAM Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB 5200mhz    GPU ASUS RTX4080 STRIX 

Case Fractal Torrent   Storage Samsung 980Pro 2TB, Crucial P3 Plus 4TB x2,     PSU Corsair RM1000x    Cooling Deepcool AK620

6 minutes ago, Sentryy said:

Are we scooter friendly here too? I'm working on my 1988 Honda Elite 50cc (Rear tire tube needs new) 

images.jpg

Man , the more i see of these the more i want one myself . 

The Subwoofer 

Ryzen 7 1700  /// Noctua NH-L9X65 /// Noctua NF-P14s Redux 1200PWM

ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Gaming-ITX/ac /// 16GB DDR4 G.Skill TridentZ 3066Mhz

Zotac GTX1080 Mini 

EVGA Supernova G3 650W 

Samsung 960EVO 250GB + WD Blue 2TB

3 minutes ago, ColonelThunder said:

Man , the more i see of these the more i want one myself . 

They are the most fun you can have. I've rode a Zuma 50 (owned for like a week) and this. This honda is way more peppy but the throttle is 100x more sensitive than the zuma. You kind of need to go 1/2 throttle and get up to 10 or 15 then wide open and go up to 35-40. If you go closed to wide open like you would with the zuma you bog out around 20. No reason not to get one. You can get something japanese (good don't get chinese) used and running well for $600 or less.you get 100 mpg and maintenance is minimal (tires is all basically if you get a 2 stroke) also they last forever like this 88  elite did (2 stroke will last longer because you never need an oil change

I like to kill hardware. In 2016 alone I have killed 20 Xeon 5160, and 10+ Pentium 4. 

I'm currently using Blacksys CH100B, it's a 2 channel system (front and back cameras)

Another good system is BlackVue DR650S, very similar to the system I bought

Both were around $250 USD (On massdrop)

$250 USD

tenor.gif

But i suppose you can't put a price on having proof in the event of an accident..

Going to have to read up on our dash cam laws too.

hey see this hose that's disconnected from the air resonator box? The one that someone tried to glue at some point?

mHpqfbM.jpg

WTF is it? A a pcv hose? The whole res box is not even in any documentation 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

13 minutes ago, Sentryy said:

images.jpg

Yup. Scooter friendly. 

I'd rock a vespa. If hipsters hadn't ruined them.

Just now, techswede said:

$250 USD

-whiney money snip-

But i suppose you can't put a price on having proof in the event of an accident..

To be fair I am pretty anxious that if I was to be rear ended a front dash cam wouldnt show much. There are much cheaper options under $100, Etzel did a review on many of them actually

1 minute ago, Syntaxvgm said:

hey see this hose that's disconnected from the air resonator box? The one that someone tried to glue at some point?

WTF is it? A a pcv hose? 

Looks like it. 

6 minutes ago, techswede said:

$250 USD

I want a go pro for when I bike around town, would be useful in case some car decided to be a dick head. But then I remember that it also records all the stuff that I do :P

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

Advocate for used/older hardware. Also one of the resident petrol heads. 

2 minutes ago, techswede said:

Looks like it. 

then this has gotta be the pcv valve? It's not replaceable! 

0zNZ0wN.jpg

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

To be fair I am pretty anxious that if I was to be rear ended a front dash cam wouldnt show much. There are much cheaper options under $100, Etzel did a review on many of them actually

If i'm going for a dash cam i might as well splurge on it. Would be kind of nice with a dual purpose rear camera that would work as a reversing camera.

Bus at work has one. And it is a gift from god. I can parallel park that hunk of french van like it was a smart car.

2 minutes ago, Syntaxvgm said:

then this has gotta be the pcv valve? It's not replaceable! 

Is it showing signs that it needs to be replaced? 

6 minutes ago, ImadKnight said:

I want a go pro for when I bike around town, would be useful in case some car decided to be a dick head. But then I remember that it also records all the stuff that I do :P

Yeah they do that xD

8 minutes ago, techswede said:

Is it showing signs that it needs to be replaced? 

2000 dodge stratus 4cyl 2.4l

im just trying to figure out what this is, since this hose is fucked and I happened to be looking around for a vacuum leak. I have rough idle, and it matched with the vacuum dropping to to about 14-15in/Hg and it's been misfiring sometimes. It starts rough as well until the computer can figure out the fuel mixture. Before all I got was a misfire code. I finally got a p0171 code today so I'm trying to find the cause. O2 sensor is only months old, though I haven't tested the replacement, but I've basically eliminated everything but that and some kind of vacuum leak or MAF sensor. I have yet to find a leak with propane (it already moves its idle around a lot so it's hard to listen for changes) but I immediately noticed this.

muh specs 

All parts black

7 minutes ago, Syntaxvgm said:

2000 dodge stratus 4cyl 2.4l

im just trying to figure out what his is, since this hose is fucked and I happened to be looking around for a vacuum leak. I have rough idle, and it matched with the vacuum dropping to to about 14-15in/Hg and it's been misfiring sometimes. It starts rough as well until the computer can figure out the fuel mixture. Before all I got was a misfire code. I finally got a p0171 code today so I'm trying to find the cause. O2 sensor is only months old, though I haven't tested the replacement, but I've basically eliminated everything but that and some kind of vacuum leak or MAF sensor. I have yet to find a leak with propane (it already moves its idle around a lot so it's hard to listen for changes) but I immediately noticed this.

Start with replacing the hose. In the meantime i think @vetali is a bit more up to speed on this stuff. 

With some light google fu i think the PCV is on the other hose. The one under the D in DOHC

3 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

your miata doesn't have a LSD?

haha you mean he wishes he could drive out and proove me wrong.. Oregon is so far lol

it does, but its some weird cone type that wears out, and mine is quite worn...  if you watch the vid below at 0:23, you can hear the inside tire light up just as I go over the crest.  sometimes the lsd works other times it doesn't...

the distance isn't the impossible part :D

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

11 minutes ago, techswede said:

Start with replacing the hose. In the meantime i think @vetali is a bit more up to speed on this stuff. 

With some light google fu i think the PCV is on the other hose. The one under the D in DOHC

ok. Also the short term bank 1 fuel trim is all over the place, like +20% and -10% within seconds. 

muh specs 

All parts black