Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

3 hours ago, RevoltTrain said:

My main reason for not wanting a manual daily is 90% of my friends daily a manual. They all loved it at first but after about a year all they do is complain about how much they hate it

I don't regret buying my Mazda 3 in a manual. I like the car to feel like a part of me, rather than just a car I get in and drive. Traffic is a pain, and tiredness occasionally makes it difficult to make my feet cooperate, though that comes with the territory. With good clutch and accelerator control, I found myself getting far better gas mileage in the city than the automatic version as well. It really has become second nature, to the point where I make shifts with hardly a thought.

July 1st would be the 1 year mark since buying my car. It's still a fun car to drive. Don't think I would willingly go back to a traditional Automatic.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

2 hours ago, RatedBlam said:

I've been thinking that there's probably some sort of  general attitude that gets passed of from person to person. Since automatic seems to have been the norm there for years. 

Meanwhile over here manual is the most common. 

Granted we don't have cities nearly as big as you do, but I assume plenty of people live in in smaller cities and towns. 

Just for the sake of it, maybe I'll count how many times I even shift gears on my way to work tomorrow. 

On my commute to work, the minimum number of shifts I make is 54. Maybe add an extra downshift for slow traffic on the uphill of the pass.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

Tommy's GTR is honestly a dream build of mine

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

7 hours ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

Dsg, cause I didn't want to drive manual after waking up early. On a good note the dsg version is faster then the manual so that's good. Could have gotten the manual but didn't want to spend the extra money or have to drive stick half asleep at 5am to get to work.

but you originally bought a manual ecoboost mustang at first, until you discovered you can't drive it full time. but who cares, it's still a nice car. and when was there ever a time when a manual cost more than a DSG? i find that hilarious.

5 hours ago, chaozbandit said:

DSC04441.JPG

honestly battle scars on a car are super duper cool.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

7 hours ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

Dsg, cause I didn't want to drive manual after waking up early. On a good note the dsg version is faster then the manual so that's good. Could have gotten the manual but didn't want to spend the extra money or have to drive stick half asleep at 5am to get to work.

but you originally bought a manual ecoboost mustang at first, until you discovered you can't drive it full time. but who cares, it's still a nice car. and when was there ever a time when a manual cost more than a DSG? i find that hilarious.

5 hours ago, chaozbandit said:

DSC04441.JPG

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

In order to get a Dodge Demon, you have to sign your legal soul to FCA.

https://www.allpar.com/news/2017/06/heres-the-demon-owner-document-38087

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

5 hours ago, yathis said:

Rented one once, returned it with grinding brakes :)

Will do the same soon, before a certain deadline approaches.

But all they'd have would be an automatic mustang convertible.

I'd burn some rubber and just cruise around aimlessly. But my speed runs would be like this.

Speed limit 100, Go 140 into town, look up into sky for pig helicopter, then go full out away from town, at about 3am.

Saw an unmarked commercial van/car thingy with them stupid headlight eyelashes. I wanted to profile the driver, but I didnt wait around to find out. Inside the store were 2 families and one mom + kid.

Headlight Eyelashes

LS Swaps aren't my thing. But dayummm

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Needs headlight lashes, or Winnie the Pooh / Disneyland figurines on the dash. Yeah "They" do it to any vehicle, van, car, truck, sports car.

1 minute ago, RevoltTrain said:

LS Swaps aren't my thing. But dayummm

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

3 hours ago, terrytek said:

Until you learn the car in question is brand new, or so I'm told. 

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Gonna need a radar detector soon. 

29 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

Until you learn the car in question is brand new, or so I'm told. 

Oh fuck, that seriously sucks.

18 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

Gonna need a radar detector soon. 

Why so?

1 minute ago, terrytek said:

Oh fuck, that seriously sucks.

Why so?

County cops are assholes and I'd rather not deal with them if it can be avoided.

Was going 3 or 4 MPH MAX over the speed limit and he pulls me over. Sit there for half an hour before he returns, makes this huge long speech about responsibility and the like. Then he asks me who bought the car. I told him me. I worked my ass off for this car. That shut him up real quick. But that was such a waste of my time

3 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

County cops are assholes and I'd rather not deal with them if it can be avoided.

Was going 3 or 4 MPH MAX over the speed limit and he pulls me over. Sit there for half an hour before he returns, makes this huge long speech about responsibility and the like. Then he asks me who bought the car. I told him me. I worked my ass off for this car. That shut him up real quick. But that was such a waste of my time

Was this today or some time ago? Why cops are such assholes I'll never understand. Literally as long as you're not causing harm to yourself or others around you in the car, they really shouldn't give a shit what you do. Maybe I'll invest in one myself soon, because me being me, I'll probably be hooning my car, pretty much redlining on city streets, doing pulls, that sorta stuff, and I might need it in case the cops are nearby.

1 minute ago, terrytek said:

Was this today or some time ago? Why cops are such assholes I'll never understand. Literally as long as you're not causing harm to yourself or others around you in the car, they really shouldn't give a shit what you do. Maybe I'll invest in one myself soon, because me being me, I'll probably be hooning my car, pretty much redlining on city streets, doing pulls, that sorta stuff, and I might need it in case the cops are nearby.

In the last hour

1 minute ago, chaozbandit said:

STRD-160719 1.jpg

Is it just me or is the driver side headlight not fully up on the Miata?

Looks like it's squinting

5 minutes ago, digitalnav said:

I picked up a C63S AMG recently.

Going to start making car vlogs :) 

I'm not a fan of mercs but congratulations. :D

29 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

In the last hour

well that freaking sucks. at least you didn't get ticketed, right?

17 minutes ago, digitalnav said:

I picked up a C63S AMG recently.

Going to start making car vlogs :) 

Damn, I guess you be making enough to afford one of those babies, huh?

8 minutes ago, terrytek said:

well that freaking sucks. at least you didn't get ticketed, right?

Damn, I guess you be making enough to afford one of those babies, huh?

No ticket for me

So I just totally forgot that one of the biggest car shows on the west coast, Wekfest, was actually fucking TODAY and I forgot to fucking go. Welp, it's not like I had a ride there or even money for admission. But I need to make it a fucking promise to go next year, and hopefully have a car worthy of entering.