NRA gives FCC chair Pai the ‘Charlton Heston Courage Under Fire Award’

Okjoek

Not sure if this qualifies as tech news entirely. This is just to share how the recent FCC repeal of net neutrality is being received by a certain group of people. Probably won't be surprised if this is removed due to all the political opinions that it will dredge up.

Source:

https://www.rt.com/usa/419735-nra-courage-award-fcc-pai/

Quotes from article:

"Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Chairman Ajit Pai was given the NRA's ‘Charlton Heston Courage Under Fire Award’ at the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) in Maryland Friday."

" “Ajit Pai, as you probably already know, saved the Internet,” American Conservative Union (ACU) Executive Director Dan Schneider told the CPAC crowd when introducing Pai, as cited by The Hill. “As soon as President Trump came into office, President Trump asked Ajit Pai to liberate the Internet and give it back to you. Ajit Pai is the most courageous, heroic person that I know.” "

"The accolade, named after former NRA president Charlton Heston, is only awarded “when someone has stood up under pressure with grace and dignity and principled discipline,” said NRA board member Carolyn Meadows."

My opinions:

Now let me be clear here. I am a huge proponent of arms ownership in the US. I would go as far as to say that maybe everybody should be required to have them in some form. That said I personally think the NRA is lobbyist (insert word for bad people). This oligarchy/ corporatocracy we have in the US where money buys the vote is going to ruin much more than just the internet I feel. In short this is just lobbyists patting eachother on the back.

If by courage under fire they mean "taking a whole lot of telecom kickbacks," then yes.

It'd be hilarious if it weren't genuinely worsening the lives of millions of people: a gun industry organization that profits from mass murder giving an award to the most corrupt leader in FCC history.  It's like a fraternity of terrible people.

i like how it is the NRA tough. like, what do they even have in common? it's like a computer company telling a baker they did a good job :P

10 minutes ago, Okjoek said:

Ajit Pai is the most courageous, heroic person that I know.”

I thought he was the most selfish and douchebag... Well Trump says the opposite XD.

i got banned for bringing anything up with politics related and a little lean to my views but this is acceptable? Kinda odd if you would ask me (ajit pai just made it a more free nation because now the ISPs cant slowly raise their price altogether for internet to in the end screw the people over)

2 minutes ago, CombatComedy said:

i got banned for bringing anything up with politics related and a little lean to my views but this is acceptable? Kinda odd if you would ask me (ajit pai just made it a more free nation because now the ISPs cant slowly raise their price altogether for internet to in the end screw the people over)

and either way, dont we all want gigabyte fiber optic connection xD

This wasn't going to end well.

-Locked-

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402