How to say hi to LMG?

Carbix

So yeah my office (I’m the owner) is down the street from LMG head office in Surrey. Not even a 2min drive. 

I have no idea how to say hello without making it look totally lame.

I’m about the same age of most of LMG and my team is all in their 20-30’s age group. I think it would just be fun to know them as we are basically neighbors. 

I like tech stuff. I built all of our work stations (no cheap crap with nice gaming mice and Mechanical keyboards) and even put together our NAS and network. So I do have intrest in common. Most of our work is AutoCAD based. I also have odd stuff that that happens like an EVGA 1080 catching fire... T-T and we have a cool 3D scanner that scans whole buildings. 

Any ideas? 

Spoiler

E40E03BF-677A-474C-AF93-6AB42B3B5481.jpeg

Spoiler

1BC3C4A2-22BF-4CC2-BDD0-08E45FADA659.jpeg

Spoiler

4A32B5DE-343F-40E6-8C6D-A7328D3A0709.jpeg

Spoiler

7C3D2FC7-CB4B-4EC1-AF26-1E84AEF1DA60.jpeg

Spoiler

DECF90D9-AD56-4C84-BF00-BE8003E97A4C.jpeg

Spoiler

D371A8B1-E67B-4436-98C9-510FBE0074EB.png

Edited by SansVarnic

AutoCAD for what? Im pretty sure they've used CADD for things before so they definitely have an interest in it. Also im sure they'd love to check out that 3D scanner for buildings.

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

You could approach @CPotter @LinusTech @nickmlg @AlexTheGreatish

(hallo nick and alex, I know you are more active on the forum) about a colab, some of my favourite videos are tours of interesting places/showcases of interesting tech

And you good sir have some very interesting tech

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

I'm sure you could work with them with niche tech of your field; however, I think this should be done formally.

If I remember correctly, LMG has worked with architects from Tennessee(?) before, but that was quite far back.

It may be difficult to tie together both of y'all's specialties, but not impossible.

Fan Comparisons          F@H          PCPartPicker         Analysis of Market Trends (Coming soon? Never? Who knows!)

Designing a mITX case. Working on aluminum prototypes.

Open for intern / part-time. Good at maths, CAD and airflow stuff. Dabbled with Python.

Please fill out this form! It helps a ton! https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/841400-the-poll-to-end-all-polls-poll/

1 hour ago, Imbellis said:

I'm sure you could work with them with niche tech of your field; however, I think this should be done formally.

If I remember correctly, LMG has worked with architects from Tennessee(?) before, but that was quite far back.

It may be difficult to tie together both of y'all's specialties, but not impossible.

They've done a tour of a game Dev studio recently so IMO it could work well.

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

1 hour ago, System Error Message said:

nice, Post a note saying, hi im your new neighbour, heres some baked goods.

Does putting a graphics card in an oven qualify as baked goods? If so, that's definitely a baked good that the LMG folks could appreciate.

My PC:

• Asus Prime-B350 Plus. Ryzen 7 1700Ballistix Sport 16GB DDR4 2400. EVGA GTX 1070 SC
  • 256GB SSD/ 3TB HDD. Corsair CX650M. CoolerMaster Masterliquid Lite 120. Fractal Design Meshify C
  • Reidea KM06. Redragon M601. LG 34UM67-P. Arion Legacy AR504LR-BKMass Drop AKG M220 Pro                                                              

1 hour ago, mondestine said:

Does putting a graphics card in an oven qualify as baked goods? If so, that's definitely a baked good that the LMG folks could appreciate.

grab a partially working or failed GPU, bake it, send it as a gift with a bunch of other sweet baked goods.

Socially not-so-experienced? The best way to make official query would be to send email to them. Not even hard to find how, http://www.linusmediagroup.com/contact/

I see point cloud and read laser scanner (check my profile banner). Maybe offer to do virtual version of studio for like VR experience. So they don't ever need to film another studio tour.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Send them a mail and if they invite you for a visit, bring pizza, it's a bit of an unwritten rule :P

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Pizza, baked good of all sorts and possible beer? Sounds like a great game plan. 

Super simple. 

Walk down to to the LMG office and introduce yourselves. 

Hand shakes and small talk is necessary. 

I am actually being serious. 

With the work you do and the clientele you have, there is no reason you should not be able to do this. 

Talk to them like you are prospecting a new client. ;)

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Your staff looks pretty cute. Where do I send my resume?
Haha, kidding (mostly about the latter :P). Welcome to the forum!

I'd say just drop by with a few of those Tim Hortons coffee jugs. Maybe 2 coffee and one tea. Cover all the bases :P

14 minutes ago, Carbix said:

Pizza, baked good of all sorts and possible beer? Sounds like a great game plan. 

I'd be careful with baked goods. Allergies and such.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

your office looks like a fun place.

Maybe just knock and talk to them or be tell them linus was a big inspiration on you building your own NAS and company work stations and you love there work ?

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing