LTX 2018 Discussion Thread

CPotter
On 2/9/2018 at 1:45 PM, Hiitchy said:

A build-off would be super cool. I've never been to LTX despite living in Canada, but plane tickets are expensive. :(

If it's timed base, I think Steve would win. Never seen someone build a pc so fast. Takes me a few hours every time. Is it not possible to drive there?

1 hour ago, JDE said:

Brighouse Station? Local train station with easy connections to Oval.

I'm bringing my K70 LUX :P

58 minutes ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

Good luck signing my G610, those ridges...

My pad is signed by NCIX YouTube people. RIP NCIX

24 minutes ago, RotoCoreOne said:

If it's timed base, I think Steve would win. Never seen someone build a pc so fast. Takes me a few hours every time. Is it not possible to drive there?

Really depends where you are. Sounds like this person's from another province so really hard.

On 24/01/2018 at 5:29 PM, Damascus said:

Make it accessible to the west?  I would love to have a Toronto/Montreal/Ottawa secondary LTX

if u can come, meet up with me and @JDE

6 minutes ago, Daniel Z. said:

if u can come, meet up with me and @JDE

Will do :D go ltx'n

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

Holy crap I was praying for this to happen. I couln't go last year because Spain-Vancouver flights ain't cheap but this year I WILL GO GODDAMNIT

I'd like to see a mini Scrapyard Wars or something like that, like you compete against other people to build a PC as fast as you can, cable manage it and then it'll get judged by 3 judges from the LTT crew and whoever wins gets to do whatever that's up to you :P

I'd also like to see Floatplane Pilots/Contributors exclusive activities or lounge or something (sorry to anyone who isnt :D)

Also when's it gonna be? July again or are we switching thing up this time? @CPotter I'M SO F*CKING HYPED!

On 25/1/2018 at 2:06 AM, CPotter said:

Hey guys!

We're planning another LTX event for this year, and I wanted to ask you all what you'd like to see at the event.

Open to all feedback and suggestions, even if you didn't go last year. :D 

Make a Corsair waffle iron now that we're at it xD

On 2/11/2018 at 9:56 PM, Being Delirious said:

Would like to see it in the same Langley arena.

It's not unfortunately. :( 

On 2/11/2018 at 9:58 PM, Being Delirious said:

Also please go the VIP ticket again this year with a limo ride with Linus to the office. I really want it this year.

This will be a thing again this year.

OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT COMING LATER THIS MONTH!!!

Its should be a hype thread not a discussion one lol

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

13 minutes ago, CPotter said:

Is it still in the Vancouver area?

The geek himself.

17 minutes ago, CPotter said:

Vancouver Convention Centre Yes. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

45 minutes ago, Being Delirious said:

Is it still in the Vancouver area?

Richmond Olympic Oval as things currently stand. :)

Also, we started a subforum for LTX so if people want to start their own threads to chat, go for it!

Honestly, can you set up some cameras and live stream it to youtube.  Being in Australia there is no chance I can get there but if I could log in and see what is going on, I'd feel a little more connected to it.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700
Cooler: Asus Ryujn 240
Motherboard: ASUS Prime B350-Plus
Main Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB
Secondary Storage: 6 Terra Raid Array
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB 3200
GPU: Asus Expedition RX570 OC
Case: Antec Nineteen Hundred in Green
PSU: 1200W

3 hours ago, CPotter said:

Richmond Olympic Oval as things currently stand. :)

Also, we started a subforum for LTX so if people want to start their own threads to chat, go for it!

YAYYYYYYY

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

6 hours ago, Majinhoju said:

How much is admission or how much was it last year?

I think 35 usd

QUOTE ME TO SEE MY REPLY!:D

23 hours ago, Infiltrator said:

Honestly, can you set up some cameras and live stream it to youtube.  Being in Australia there is no chance I can get there but if I could log in and see what is going on, I'd feel a little more connected to it.

Multiple camera live stream to twitch or youtube would be great.

Do a community contest for who can build the best remote presence robot and have some sort of paid half-hour of driving around ltx!

Tech, engineering, gaming and promoting the metric system. These are my things.

Lover of Linux.

Currently rocking a ThinkPad L13 laptop tricked out with an i7, running Windows 10.
PC Specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i7 6700
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070
Motherboard: Asus Z170 A
RAM: Corsair Vengence 16GB

YOU DIDN'T HAVE THE ARCADE MACHINE OR THE PIPIN, MY TRIP WAS RUINED!!

jk :P

Anyway I think it went fairly well last year. I am going to defcon this year, so if it was on a diffrent weekend that would be real good. I saw in the chat last year that LTX was on the same weekend as DefCon so some people that would of went couldn't as they were at defcon.

There was a lot of people there to see just a few people so that made it a little hard to get say more than "Hey your that youtuber" until the end when people started to clear out, but that is really quite unavoidable.

Oh! Oh! Do a WAN show during the event like the first meetup!

Please "Quote" me if you want me to see your response.

1 minute ago, Justin_ said:

YOU DIDN'T HAVE THE ARCADE MACHINE OR THE PIPIN, MY TRIP WAS RUINED!!

jk :P

Anyway I think it went fairly well last year. I am going to defcon this year, so if it was on a diffrent weekend that would be real good. I saw in the chat last year that LTX was on the same weekend as DefCon so some people that would of went couldn't as they were at defcon.

There was a lot of people there to see just a few people so that made it a little hard to get say more than "Hey your that youtuber" until the end when people started to clear out, but that is really quite unavoidable.

Oh! Oh! Do a WAN show during the event like the first meetup!

It shouldn't conflict with that. I think a WAN Show would be cool, but I wonder if doing a WAN Show on a Saturday would screw too many people up. :P

There will be a retro gaming area, and hopefully @GabenJr will have the Arcade fixed up and ready to rock by then as well. 

If you make the lambo an exhibit again you might want to take the registration card out this year so Linus's address and phone number are not in reach of everybody again

1 minute ago, CPotter said:

There will be a retro gaming area, and hopefully @GabenJr will have the Arcade fixed up and ready to rock by then as well. 

Oh awesome!

So was it broken last year? I actually didn't notice until like 1AM when I was at a bar with an arcade cabinet in it (EXP) with some other LTXers and remembered and just shouted 'IT WASN'T THERE??'

Maybe do it on August 2nd? I think it will give People from the U.S.A to get a better end to the summer.

45 minutes ago, PCPartListsYT said:

Maybe do it on August 2nd? I think it will give People from the U.S.A to get a better end to the summer.

They already have the venue booked.

QUOTE ME TO SEE MY REPLY!:D