The World's First 2K Handset Vivo Xplay 3S To Cost $740

Youbetternot

Well looks like 2k display on device will come at a pretty high cost. The first 2k handset, vivo xplay 3s will cost $740. THis cost is only for the 32Gb, the 64 GB will cost $820 It has Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor, 3 GB of RAM, TD-LTE connectivity, a high-end rear camera with f/1.8 aperture and should be available in five colour versions (white, pink, yellow, champagne gold and blue).

5825-ae135318_680_400.jpg

Chinese phone maker Vivo is preparing for a launch of the world's first 2K WQHD smartphone. Dubbed the Vivo Xplay 3S, the handset features some impressive specifications, but unfortunately it will also come with a hefty price tag of CNY4,498, which is about $740.

And that is only for 32 GB variant, the 64 GB will cost $820 according to the listing from China Mobile. 

source: http://www.nextpowerup.com/news/5825/the-worlds-first-2k-handset-vivo-xplay-3s-to-cost-usd-740.html

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

That's a seriously thin phone. I like.

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

It looks so thin. How O.o

Setup: i5 4670k @ 4.2 Ghz, Corsair H100i Cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB Ram @ 1600 Mhz, MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard, Corsair GS700 2013 edition PSU, MSI GTX 770 Lightning, Samsung EVO 120 SSD + 2TB&1TB Seagate Barracudas, BenQ XL2411T Monitor, Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones + AntLion ModMic 4.0

You probably mean 2.5K.  2K = Full HD.

Personally i think that is too much for a phone. Most laptops still have 1366x768 or something stupid like that.

Im not sure why this even needs to be a thing... My HTC one is 1080p... If you can show me a person who can point out a single pixel on the screen I'll show you a liar.

Personally i think that is too much for a phone. Most laptops still have 1366x768 or something stupid like that.

whats up with laptops still using 1366 x 768 its about time they make an affordable minimum of 1080p for all laptops.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Technically I posted this first, but there wasn't as much information on the phone as there is now. I'll let this one slide @Youbetternot.

;)

Anyways, back on topic, $740 is considerably cheaper than I thought it would be. Maybe this will be my next phone...if I can get it with a contract.

>.>

COMIC SANS

Im not sure why this even needs to be a thing... My HTC one is 1080p... If you can show me a person who can point out a single pixel on the screen I'll show you a liar.

There's an thing called advancement

i3-2120|4gb 1333|GTX 650ti 1gb|Fractal R4|Corsair 430w 

There's an thing called advancement

While that is true there is a point where there is really no need. I would argue that 2k on something that small is not a needed advancement. 

What I find interesting in this whole thing is that they can make a screen like that without shooting the price up by all that too much yet high-res monitors are still so expensive. 

Is TD-LTE is basically a china version of LTE? Personally think I wouldn't really notice a difference in the phone's display if it is higher than 1080p. But it looks cheap and plain looking..

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

looks as thin as the 5th gen ipod touch

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Most phones cost about that much already i think that's a really good price 

I  have GameServer`s And VOIP servers the only price is that you have fun on them. 

no. Full hd = 1k.  2.5k = 2560x1440 4k= 3840x2160 (I think)

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

*I removed my comment due to it being factually incorrect* 

Antec 1100 | Asus P8Z87-V | Silverstone Strider 850W 80+ Silver | Intel i5 3570k 4.3Ghz | Corsair h80 | Asus Xonar DGX | Sapphire HD 7850 1000 Mhz | 16 GB Patriot 1600MHz | Intel 330 180GB | OCZ Agility 3 60GB (Cache for HDD) | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Asus VE247H x2 | Ducky Shine 2 - Cherry MX Brown | Razer Deathadder 3.5G | Logitech G430

Even though that's really cool that we can have high resolution displays on phones for cheap, but what about battery life?

If I leave my DNA lit up 24/7, the battery will die within a hour. We need better and bigger batteries before high resolution screens.

Might want to do the maths, 3840*2160 (4k), if you divide that by 1920x1080 you get 4. So therefore 1080p is 1k, if you divided 3840*2160 by 1280x720 (what you refer to as 1k), 3840*2160 would be 9k, which is not true. 

Your logic doesn't work for 8K, since it's 16 times FullHD (7680x4320). K stands for 1000 : 2K is 2000pixels wide, 4K is 4000 pixels wide and 2.5k is 2500 pixels wide. Roughly of course.

My HTC one is 1080p... If you can show me a person who can point out a single pixel on the screen I'll show you a liar.

I can quite easily see an individual pixel on my Galaxy S 4 from 30cm away, and someone in another thread said he could see it on his HTC One using the same test (completely white image with a single black pixel on it). So this might not be completely crazy if the screen is like 5.5 inches or bigger. We have really reached the point where the law of diminishing return is hitting us hard though. I don't think we should stop improving screens, and I would like to have about 500 PPI on phones to ensure that I can't see any pixels even if I try, but we should probably let batteries evolve a bit more before we make displays even more power hungry.

I am surprised that so many people (not taking a shot at you OP, talking about the journalists that write the articles) don't understand that 2K = 1080p. It makes no sense whatsoever to call 2560x1440 "2K".

Your logic doesn't work for 8K, since it's 16 times FullHD (7680x4320). K stands for 1000 : 2K is 2000pixels wide, 4K is 4000 pixels wide and 2.5k is 2500 pixels wide. Roughly of course.

Point taken. 

Antec 1100 | Asus P8Z87-V | Silverstone Strider 850W 80+ Silver | Intel i5 3570k 4.3Ghz | Corsair h80 | Asus Xonar DGX | Sapphire HD 7850 1000 Mhz | 16 GB Patriot 1600MHz | Intel 330 180GB | OCZ Agility 3 60GB (Cache for HDD) | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Asus VE247H x2 | Ducky Shine 2 - Cherry MX Brown | Razer Deathadder 3.5G | Logitech G430

battery life? 0. that thing will die after 5 hours

i havent looked anything up, im assuming.