World's First human head transplant has been 'successfully carried out'

IamODIN

03bc7168c7fb1b85451d055800e39433

Professor Sergio Canavero

A controversial surgeon who aims to carry out the world’s human head transplantclaims to have successfully carried out the operation on a corpse.

The 18-hour operation showed that it is possible to reconnect the spine, nerves and blood vessels, according to controversial surgeon Professor Sergio Canavero.

At a press conference in Vienna, Professor Canavero announced that a team at Harbin Medical University had ‘realised the first human head transplant.’

Canavero said that the first operation on a living patient will take place ‘imminently’.

Canavero said, ‘The first human transplant on human cadavers has been done. A full head swap between brain dead organ donors is the next stage.

ae4a62aa17bd840821731095d6e61ab4

‘And that is the final step for the formal head transplant for a medical condition which is imminent.’

Professor Sergio Canavero said earlier this year that his team had successfully repaired severed spinal cords in rats – a key step towards a successful transplant.

The team severed the spinal cords of rats, then treated them with polyethylene glycol to seal and repair damaged spinal cord nerve cells.

Within a month, the rats had recovered some movement – and two returned to a state that was ‘basically normal’.

Canavero has previously admitted, ‘The final goal is immortality.’

He says that there has aready been interest from ultra-rich patients seeking to extend their lives by grafting ageing heads onto fresh, young bodies.

Dr Canavero said last year, ‘You bet – there are a few funds working on prolonging life expectancy, and they are well-funded.’

BRACE YOURSELVES. IMMORTAL SOULS INCOMING!

source: https://www.yahoo.com/news/worlds-first-human-head-transplant-successfully-carried-132553590.html

hqdefault.jpg

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Alpha Microphone: Razer Seiren X

A good reason never to leave your body to science when you die.

~~Kuroneko~~

- Ryzen Threadripper 1950X 16-Core

- Corsair H115i Pro 280 Liquid Cooler

- Asus X399 ROG Zenith Extreme MB

- 2x Nvidia Titan V

- Corsair 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3000MHz

- Samsung 960 Pro Series 1TB M.2 SSD

- Western Digital RED Pro 6TB 64M SATA

- Corsair AX1500i Titianium PSU

- Fractal Design Define R6 Blackout

- 3x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial 140mm 3000RPM Fans

~~Chibineko~~

- Ryzen 7 2700X 8-Core

- Corsair H115i 280 Liquid Cooler

- Asus X470-F ROG Strix  MB

- 2x MSI Vega 64 Wave Liquid Cooled

- G.Skill Sniper X 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3600MHz

- Samsung 960 Pro Series 512GB M.2 SSD

- Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD

- Corsair AX1200i 80+ Platinum

- Fractal Design Define R5

- 5x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial 140mm 3000RPM Fans

17 minutes ago, IamODIN said:

claims to have successfully carried out the operation on a corpse.

Does this really count or prove anything if it was done on a corpse?

11 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

Does this really count or prove anything if it was done on a corpse?

Proof of concept?

For some reason, this is reminding me strongly of Full Metal Alchemist.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

Just now, Zodiark1593 said:

Proof of concept?

For some reason, this is reminding me strongly of Full Metal Alchemist.

I feel like the concept is to make a LIVING human have their head translated.  Until someone survives it, it's all hypothetical.  To SURVIVE a head transplant is 'success' so to do it on corpses is not a 'success' at all.

58 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

I feel like the concept is to make a LIVING human have their head translated.  Until someone survives it, it's all hypothetical.  To SURVIVE a head transplant is 'success' so to do it on corpses is not a 'success' at all.

Good point. Plus how the hell will they keep the brain alive? I mean it needs oxygen and such. Plus I thought they cant repair spinal damaged, so how are they able to reconnect the spinal cord to the brain and have it function? Another thing has to deal with rejection. People who have organ transplants are generally on medicine for the rest of their lives to help stop rejection. My question is, how does this work with the brain? 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

5 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Good point. Plus how the hell will they keep the brain alive? I mean it needs oxygen and such. Plus I thought they cant repair spinal damaged, so how are they able to reconnect the spinal cord to the brain and have it function? Another thing has to deal with rejection. People who have organ transplants are generally on medicine for the rest of their lives to help stop rejection. My question is, how does this work with the brain? 

In theory, they can keep the brain alive by putting circulating blood and nutrients through the blood stream, use polyethylene glycol to seal the fluids. After implanting they have to inject some stem cells to promote healing of the spinal cord. But that's just seems extremely complicated and futile since the patient has to live in a controlled lab environment where no bacteria is allowed, where he has to take immune suppression drugs to make him reach immune deficiency syndrome. 

From what I can tell, this is WWII all over again...

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

On 11/18/2017 at 5:25 AM, IamODIN said:

He says that there has aready been interest from ultra-rich patients seeking to extend their lives by grafting ageing heads onto fresh, young bodies.

Dr Canavero said last year, ‘You bet – there are a few funds working on prolonging life expectancy, and they are well-funded.’

"ageing heads onto fresh, young bodies" ew.

Imagine seeing some 70 year old with a 20 year old body. Haunting.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

This has a couple good aspects, but a lot of pitfalls to the point where I am both skeptical of their "surgery" being legit and disapproving of its use if it actually was for a variety of reasons.

Let's just say that organ donor sticker will never be on my license

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

Your brain still gets older. So even if your 70 year old head would be connected to a 20 year old body, dementia will take over your life. 

CPU: i7-12700KF Grill Plate Edition // MOBO: Asus Z690-PLUS WIFI D4 // RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200MHz CL14 

GPU: MSI GTX 1080 FE // PSU: Corsair RM750i // CASE: Thermaltake Core X71 // BOOT: Samsung Evo 960 500GB

STORAGE: WD PC SN530 512GB + Samsung Evo 860 500GB // COOLING: Full custom loop // DISPLAY: LG 34UC89G-B

Just now, Limecat86 said:

Your brain still gets older. So even if your 70 year old head would be connected to a 20 year old body, dementia will take over your life. 

Yup. And developing a cure for alzheimers doesn't work. We've all seen planet of the apes. 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

15 hours ago, SkyLinx said:

Poor rats

That’s the fate of many lab animals like that Sprague Dawley rats or BALB/c mice. In a lab, the most merciful and humane way to kill those animals are either by decapitation which is rarely done now or by cervical dislocation so that their deaths will be fast and painless. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

The head still ages... if successful this could increase the average life expectancy, if it ever becomes affordable, but i doubt anyone will live past 110 years doing this. On an off note, i can see people selling their bodies to the highest bidder for money.

seriously this goes too far just let me die. i dont want to wake up in someone elses body. that weird man. thats some frankenstein shit. hell no. if i see scars around your neck im going to ram a wooden spike through your heart be warned.

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

Ghost in the Shell Incoming....

Some people prefer a challenge, I just band my head against a wall until my method works...

2 hours ago, hey_yo_ said:

That’s the fate of many lab animals like that Sprague Dawley rats or BALB/c mice. In a lab, the most merciful and humane way to kill those animals are either by decapitation which is rarely done now or by cervical dislocation so that their deaths will be fast and painless. 

You seem to know a lot about killing rats. 

2 hours ago, RotoCoreOne said:

The head still ages... if successful this could increase the average life expectancy, if it ever becomes affordable, but i doubt anyone will live past 110 years doing this. On an off note, i can see people selling their bodies to the highest bidder for money.

who will actually sell their body tho? they will die being body-less

2 hours ago, JoostinOnline said:

This title is just as misleading as the one I saw before.   There's no proof that the transplant was successful.

Your brain is misleading you to give stupid replies..

The operation was succesfully carried out the title says.. which mean they successfully did the operation but it doesnt mean their objective (which is to have another man's body fully operational on a head) is working. they did it but patient haven't woke up yet. 

you got it?

either way.. my title is the source title 

3 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

As do I.

Real creepy if you ask me

1 minute ago, IamODIN said:

Your brain is misleading you to give stupid replies..

The operation was succesfully carried out the title says.. which mean they successfully did the operation but it doesnt mean their objective (which is to have another man's body fully operational on a head) is working. they did it but patient haven't woke up yet. 

you got it?

either way.. my title is the source title 

How do you know the operation was successful?

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440