World's First human head transplant has been 'successfully carried out'

IamODIN
2 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

How do you know the operation was successful?

A controversial surgeon who aims to carry out the world’s human head transplantclaims to have successfully carried out the operation on a corpse.

The successfully joined the head on the body.

thats the only thing that is successful from what i've read in the article.

did it work and did the head transplant work? i don't know 

Just now, IamODIN said:
2 minutes ago, IamODIN said:

A controversial surgeon who aims to carry out the world’s human head transplantclaims to have successfully carried out the operation on a corpse.

The successfully joined the head on the body.

thats the only thing that is successful from what i've read in the article.

did it work and did the head transplant work? i don't know 

"claims" is the operative word.  There's no evidence of it.  The National Enquirer claimed that Hitler was found in a hot tub with 3 women recently (and yes, I bought a copy).

Change "successfully" to "allegedly" and the title is accurate.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

1 minute ago, JoostinOnline said:

"claims" is the operative word.  There's no evidence of it.  The National Enquirer claimed that Hitler was found in a hot tub with 3 women recently (and yes, I bought a copy).

Change "successfully" to "allegedly" and the title is accurate.

you claim to have been using an i7 4790k with a gtx 1060

is it faults? who would know?  only u for sure right? because you built it.

what i mean is. everything is a claim until proven verified legit. yahoo did not see the operation or was part of it. its the news they got which believe is a trust worthy source . 

im not going to change the source title. 

if you still don't understand or you just stupid slow @JoostinOnline... its like me building a computer .. i bought all the parts. the correct parts.. its connected in case.. ok it was successfully built. but is it working?  

ask yourself

1 minute ago, IamODIN said:

you claim to have been using an i7 4790k with a gtx 1060

is it faults? who would know?  only u for sure right? because you built it.

what i mean is. everything is a claim until proven verified legit. yahoo did not see the operation or was part of it. its the news they got which believe is a trust worthy source . 

im not going to change the source title. 

Your title states it as a fact, with absolutely zero evidence to back it up.  It could easily be total bullshit.  Personally, I wouldn't be okay with that.  If it meets your standards though, feel free to stick with it.

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

34 minutes ago, IamODIN said:

You seem to know a lot about killing rats. 

I did back in college and during my time as a research scientist. I didn’t do animal decapitation which I’m thankful because it’s just too brutal imo but I did several cervical dislocation on rats. But for every experiment or research project, it has to be approved by an ethics committee to limit the amount of rats needed or else no peer reviewing bodies will accept the paper no matter how good and scholarly it is. 

For example, to determine the hepatotoxicity of a certain drug, after killing the rat by cervical dislocation, some of the organs are harvested and taken pictures with and biopsied in a microscope (HPO) to determine how the drug mess d up the liver at a certain dose. 

But I’m not an exterminator

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

1 minute ago, JoostinOnline said:

Your title states it as a fact, with absolutely zero evidence to back it up.  It could easily be total bullshit.  Personally, I wouldn't be okay with that.  If it meets your standards though, feel free to stick with it.

you dumb.. i have nothing more to say to you..

if you don't understand the difference between successfully carried out and operation being a success.. u stupid 

2 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

xD

You tried to be smart and end up being the dumb one..

thats what happens when you try to be an idiot on a forum

18 minutes ago, IamODIN said:

You tried to be smart and end up being the dumb one..

thats what happens when you try to be an idiot on a forum

Did I try to be smart or did I try to be an idiot? xD

You've continued to miss my point.  There's no evidence given that any of this, even an attempt at a transplant, took place.  I find that suspicious.  With scientific claims like this, full evidence is usually provided right away so that people can analyze it.

11 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

Did I try to be smart or did I try to be an idiot? xD

You've continued to miss my point.  There's no evidence given that any of this, even an attempt at a transplant, took place.  I find that suspicious.  With scientific claims like this, full evidence is usually provided right away so that people can analyze it.

not because you missed sumtin means it never happened.

there were talks about this operation meant to happen for months (google it)

and now that they successfully carried out the operation. they broke the news...

you just too dumb to understand grammer.. 

3 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

Okay, this HAS to be a joke. xD

The only joke here is u

17 hours ago, chilicheeseburger said:

Don't think this is a good idea. Just because we can, doesn't mean we should.

Why not?

Imagine the overall benefit that the study and experiments could provide.

We already do this in some situations for people who've lost limbs.

Not to mention that the major leap, reconnecting spinal nerves and tissue is the biggest bit. You could cure many  new cases paralysis with such a procedure, reattaching the spinal tissue to allow control once again of someones body.

The whole complete head transplant is honestly a shot in the dark. We can't grow headless bodies, and the ones who lose their heads and are donors, well... they tend to lose some other things as well. I also think that even if this became something that we see, it would be extremely rare, most medical institutions wouldn't give an entire bodies' worth of organs to a single person who's dying of natural causes when those same organs could save at least 4 other people who are on the donor waiting list. Lungs, hearts, livers, kidneys, all extremely valuable organs.

And the one thing people will point to, like a black market of headless bodies... I mean c'mon, completely and entirely impossible. Its much easier to hide that you've a stolen kidney because you greased a doctors hand well enough than it is to hide that your head doesn't match the rest of your body and you've a gnarly scar running the circumference of your neck.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

18 minutes ago, Atmos said:

Why not?

and that would also be creepy to me i dont want to have someone elses hand. thats weird. lets develop some robotic hand and im onboard but second hand limbs are justt... hrhfhlgl..freaks me out to think about it.

18 minutes ago, Atmos said:

Not to mention that the major leap, reconnecting spinal nerves and tissue is the biggest bit. You could cure many  new cases paralysis with such a procedure, reattaching the spinal tissue to allow control once again of someones body.

The whole complete head transplant is honestly a shot in the dark. We can't grow headless bodies, and the ones who lose their heads and are donors, well... they tend to lose some other things as well. I also think that even if this became something that we see, it would be extremely rare, most medical institutions wouldn't give an entire bodies' worth of organs to a single person who's dying of natural causes when those same organs could save at least 4 other people who are on the donor waiting list. Lungs, hearts, livers, kidneys, all extremely valuable organs.

And the one thing people will point to, like a black market of headless bodies... I mean c'mon, completely and entirely impossible. Its much easier to hide that you've a stolen kidney because you greased a doctors hand well enough than it is to hide that your head doesn't match the rest of your body and you've a gnarly scar running the circumference of your neck.

ohk yeah the medical knowledge is interesting for reattaching you own body and curing parallisis thats another thing entirely and very beneficial as long as we stick to the one body. but maybe im just weird because the thought of donor organs like someone elses kidney  or heart even also freaks me out.

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

35 minutes ago, cluelessgenius said:

and that would also be creepy to me i dont want to have someone elses hand. thats weird. lets develop some robotic hand and im onboard but second hand limbs are justt... hrhfhlgl..freaks me out to think about it.

ohk yeah the medical knowledge is interesting for reattaching you own body and curing parallisis thats another thing entirely and very beneficial as long as we stick to the one body. but maybe im just weird because the thought of donor organs like someone elses kidney  or heart even also freaks me out.

it bothers me on some fundamental condition as well.

I just think the creep factor is outweighed by the massive medical advancements and benefit to society. 

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

1 minute ago, Atmos said:

it bothers me on some fundamental condition as well.

I just think the creep factor is outweighed by the massive medical advancements and benefit to society. 

yes but as i said i would only ever want my own shit attached to me. even if its just limbs or organs i still cant do it. taking blood from someone is different because blood is regenerative meaning the body renews its blood over time anyway so in 2 month or whatever its gonna be back too 100% me. but living the rest of your life with some elses heartbeat? i cant. i just cant 

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

1 hour ago, Atmos said:

Why not?

Well, limbs are one thing. But if we transplant someones head to another person's body... well what are we transplanting then? The head or the body?

Let's say the brain is where someone's conscience lies... that would mean we're transplanting the body. So the result would be 10% recipient (the head) and 90% donor. Even if they can make everything work (I'm no doctor, no idea how that would work exactly) there's probably some severe psychological issues that arise if you just have to accept you now have someone else's body.

But yeah, of course it would be a very rare and extreme case.

2 hours ago, IamODIN said:

who will actually sell their body tho? they will die being body-less

Poor family situations and whatnot

Not sure about everyone else, but I wouldn't count it as a success if the person couldn't walk out of the operation room, because he was dead.

Do you want nazi zombies? because this is how we get Nazi Zombies

kappa.png

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU AMD R7 7800X3D    Motherboard Asrock B650E Taichi Lite    RAM Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB 5200mhz    GPU ASUS RTX4080 STRIX 

Case Fractal Torrent   Storage Samsung 980Pro 2TB, Crucial P3 Plus 4TB x2,     PSU Corsair RM1000x    Cooling Deepcool AK620

8 minutes ago, chilicheeseburger said:

Well, limbs are one thing. But if we transplant someones head to another person's body... well what are we transplanting then? The head or the body?

Let's say the brain is where someone's conscience lies... that would mean we're transplanting the body. So the result would be 10% recipient (the head) and 90% donor. Even if they can make everything work (I'm no doctor, no idea how that would work exactly) there's probably some severe psychological issues that arise if you just have to accept you now have someone else's body.

But yeah, of course it would be a very rare and extreme case.

Well, we know the conscious lies in the brain and brain stem. Scientifically that's it.

Look. As hard or painful as it may be to accept we're just meat with a prediction machine in our heads because having a prediction machine has been an evolutionary success. Striking emotions out of the deal and the romanticism that comes with the human condition and that's all we're left with... that's it. Transplanting a head/body the conscious mind resides within the head, so the body donor goes to a recipient head. There's no spark, there's no magic behind it. Its the simple science of meat. We can debate romanticism all day but it doesn't change the basic science behind it.

we can agree though that severe psychological issues would likely be a serious issue in anyone who underwent such a procedure. But... Would those psychological issues (something im quite familiar with, being diagnosed with a psychosis myself) be a larger detriment than well... dying? Since we can rule paralysis out, since if this procedure were relevant then the repair of paralysis would be as well. I guess that would be up to the person who's dying. Death, or probable severe psychological issues for the rest of your 'life'

6 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

Not sure about everyone else, but I wouldn't count it as a success if the person couldn't walk out of the operation room, because he was dead.

if you're talking about the experiment on corpses then even though they're dead, it's still a success. Being able to successfully reattach spinal nerve tissues is the keystone to a whole new era of medical science. Studies in this kind of research as detestable as you might find them, could yield benefits to humanity for well, the rest of our existence.

6 minutes ago, Atmos said:

Well, we know the conscious lies in the brain and brain stem. Scientifically that's it.

Look. As hard or painful as it may be to accept we're just meat with a prediction machine in our heads because having a prediction machine has been an evolutionary success. Striking emotions out of the deal and the romanticism that comes with the human condition and that's all we're left with... that's it. Transplanting a head/body the conscious mind resides within the head, so the body donor goes to a recipient head. There's no spark, there's no magic behind it. Its the simple science of meat. We can debate romanticism all day but it doesn't change the basic science behind it.

we can agree though that severe psychological issues would likely be a serious issue in anyone who underwent such a procedure. But... Would those psychological issues (something im quite familiar with, being diagnosed with a psychosis myself) be a larger detriment than well... dying? Since we can rule paralysis out, since if this procedure were relevant then the repair of paralysis would be as well. I guess that would be up to the person who's dying. Death, or probable severe psychological issues for the rest of your 'life'

I get the science aspect behind it, but if we're gonna reduce ourselves to just being chunks of meat with a prediction machine in our head - does it even matter then if there's one chunk of meat with a prediction machine more or less in the world? 

14 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

article said the rats start moving within a month, maybe it will take as long or longer for humans

17 minutes ago, RotoCoreOne said:

Poor family situations and whatnot

damn.. dont wanna think about it lol