Clean energy airplanes questions

Eduard the weeb

okay so I am not real into airplanes, but I have a question how come airplanes a major contributor pollution if you used a launch system similar to the Gerald R ford with water then wind turbines to create energy for the engines, Because the faster you got the more energy you'd produce creating a cycle, so is there a specific reason this won't work ?

if you know anyone into engineer, airplanes, or clean energy can you tag them to explain why this won't work or why  no-one has done it ?

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

Which grade are you in? Like fifth?

3 minutes ago, Eduard the weeb said:

okay so I am not real into airplanes, but I have a question how come airplanes a major contributor pollution if you used a launch system similar to the Gerald R ford

Those catapult systems really work for small fighter craft. 

Also those catapult systems only provide a boost to get the plane into the air in lieu of a longer run way.  The jet is still throttled very high and is otherwise burning a similar amount of fuel to a traditional take off.

Also wind turbines on a jet wouldn't work because that would be kind of like a perpetual motion machine, which isn't physically possible.  

To reduce fuel consumption the more feasible methods are better aerodynamics and lighter materials. 

Are your proposing to put something like wind turbines on planes so that when they take off the turbines will generate electricity?

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

After searching some stuff up my understanding is that you are proposing to use an electromagnet to catapult a plane and then have turbines on the plane to regenerate the energy used, right?

This wouldn't work the way you want it to. Remember conservation of energy. Energy can't be created or destroyed. All these wind turbines are really doing is converting kinetic energy into electrical energy. Since you're converting kinetic energy to something else, these wind turbines are slowing the aircraft down, and you actually end up losing more energy since these turbines aren't anywhere close to 100% efficient.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Spoiler

Just now, kelvinhall05 said:

If you're trying to be an asshole, that's not nice. If it a legitimate question, check if he has a birthday on his profile.

Im sorry if i was looking rude, but in my country physics is teached at school starting in grade 7, and there teachers speak about questions like that.

On 11/17/2017 at 8:06 AM, Almostbauws said:

9th Kinda just genuinely curious did we learn about this ?

On 11/17/2017 at 8:08 AM, DocSwag said:

Are your proposing to put something like wind turbines on planes so that when they take off the turbines will generate electricity?

thats kinda what I was thinking.

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

7 minutes ago, Dreaper said:

Could solar panels on planes work?

Maybe IDK they have to be charge before hand mostly because wall planes above clouds have clear sunlight The solar panels would have to charge super fast right?

As someone who has built many DIY windmills, when current is being drawn from the windmill there is a force resisting the blades from turning. This means that the current might be so high the blades might not even turn creating nothing but drag. 

9 minutes ago, Dreaper said:

Could solar panels on planes work?

Theoretically yes. However, I would assume it wouldn't be that easy to use the electricity to actually help make the plane move since the plane does use jet engines, though I could see it being used to help power the electrical portions of the plane.

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler

On 11/17/2017 at 8:07 AM, Thunderpup said:

Those catapult systems really work for small fighter craft. 

Also those catapult systems only provide a boost to get the plane into the air in lieu of a longer run way.  The jet is still throttled very high and is otherwise burning a similar amount of fuel to a traditional take off.

ohhhh ok 

I'm assuming mostly that this is happening on private jets because it would take alot of energy to get something like a 747 up, I am assuming solar panels would be like that in maybe 100-200 years.

6 minutes ago, Eduard the weeb said:

9th

Northview Highschool GA Kinda just genuinely curious did we learn about this ?

eyyy Ga metoo

this is like plugging a light in to a sola panel and then putting it in front of the solar panel

it would need an efficiency of over 100%, so it wouldn't work

i like trains 🙂

solar aircraft do exist and hold many world records for flight. They are widely based on gliders and electrically driven props.

rarely do they hold more than one person though.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

2 minutes ago, Eduard the weeb said:

I'm assuming mostly that this is happening on private jets because it would take alot of energy to get something like a 747 up, I am assuming solar panels would be like that in maybe 100-200 years.

bro planes have been around for 114 years. solar panels are already being put on planes

i like trains 🙂

On 11/17/2017 at 8:32 AM, Implosivetech said:

bro planes have been around for 114 years. solar panels are already being put on planes

I meant a 747 because those things are Flipping whales.

Image result for boeing 747 price

@Implosivetech WHALE

14 minutes ago, Eduard the weeb said:

there was a time, maybe it wasn't a 747, but they experimented with using a twin blade turboprop instead of a turbojet. I think NASA was doing it.

But it really went nowhere.

but think about how many people are on that aircraft the distance it travels. what would that end up as, per person per gallon? Jets aren't really as fuel inefficient as you think.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

3 minutes ago, knightslugger said:

but think about how many people are on that aircraft the distance it travels. what would that end up as, per person per gallon? Jets aren't really as fuel inefficient as you think.

Yeah I assumed they guzzled some fuel, But I would like the world to stop being so uneco friendly because global warming is a thing and I think airplanes are a major part of that I believe. 

1 minute ago, Eduard the weeb said:

because global warming is a thing

If only everyone knew this :/ 

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler

On 11/17/2017 at 8:33 AM, Eduard the weeb said:

Boeing isn't going to put solar panels on anything anytime soon. They tried to put an 80% import tax on the most efficient airplane.

On 11/17/2017 at 8:33 AM, Eduard the weeb said:

Boeing isn't going to put solar panels on anything anytime soon. They tried to put an 80% import tax on the most efficient airplane.

i like trains 🙂

12 minutes ago, Eduard the weeb said:

Yeah I assumed they guzzled some fuel, But I would like the world to stop being so uneco friendly because global warming is a thing and I think airplanes are a major part of that I believe. 

Boeing has moved to aircraft that are more economical for passenger travel, like the 787-8/9/10 with the GEnx. Also the 747-8 itself has been updated with the new turbines and it's much more efficient than previously. They no longer need quad turbines dumping fuel to get them off the ground.

current solar panel technology doesn't generate enough electricity per square foot/meter to offset the added weight to the air craft.  So even trying to create a hybrid system isn't feasible at the moment.  Given how much airline companies spend in fuel cost alone they would jump at such a plane if the technology existed to make it a real thing.  

barring some unlikely jump in solar technology the only way an all electric plane could work is if we switched to a non-fossil fuel like hydrogen; which would emit water vapor as it's only by product.

Unfortunately hydrogen fuel cell technology isn't quite "there yet". 

9 hours ago, Almostbauws said:

9 hours ago, kelvinhall05 said:

<snip>

According to my research he is 13 and this is a reasonable question to ask at 13 imo

qυoтe мe pleaѕe!

Me at the Apple store: "So how fast is this little macbook?"

Apple employee: "Cheetah Fast. Lightning Fast. It's Really, really, fast."