[Updated] Razer Phone to have a 120hz Screen. w/ Stream link & Product page

The Benjamins

People are gonna be so confused by this.

"I have the new Razer phone."

"Motorola released a new Razr?"

Ryzen 5 3600 | EVGA CLC240 | EVGA RTX 2070 Super XC Ultra | ASRock B450 Pro4 | 16gb EVGA SuperSC DDR4-3200 | 1tb WD SN550 | 2tb SanDisk Ultra 3DEVGA P2 650w | Fractal Design Meshify CViewSonic VX2758-2KP-MHD + ViewSonic VS2412-H | GHS.RAR (Boba U4s, Staebies, GMK Aurora Polaris + Artisans) | Steelseries Aerox Ghost | Artisan-Japan Ninja FX Hien (M/Soft) | Fostex HP-A3 | Fostex PM0.3G | Fostex T60RP | Beyerdynamic DT 1990 Pro | Beyerdynamic FOX

22 minutes ago, goodtofufriday said:

Too big

were did you find the size of the device?

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

5 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

On 10/31/2017 at 7:29 AM, The Benjamins said:

nexus2cee_Screen-Shot-2017-10-30-at-10.2

1 minute ago, tjcater said:

that has 0 device measurements, to me looks about to the the size of a Pixel XL

4 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

Well we know the size of the screen, so we have an idea of the size of the bezels if you extrapolate from that. Maybe that's where he is getting it from. Not that I agree, I don't mind larger phones, especially if they are gonna give me front facing speakers and a large battery. 

Processor: i7 7700k@Stock GPU: GTX 1080 MSI Armor OC  Mobo: Asus Prime Z270-A RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB 3200 MHz CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 SSD: Sandisk Ultra 2 960GB Case: Phanteks P400s PSU: Gigabyte B700H Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz Mouse: Logitech G900 Keyboard: Corsair Strafe w/ MX Blues

Just now, The Benjamins said:

Ah device, I somehow read that as display :P

30 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

Did some measuring with Logger Pro so these measurements may be a little off, but it seems to be roughly 3 by 6.01 inches

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.a3dff2e13230bdfd52452afc45329a81.png

Edit: The accuracy may also be further skewed if this render of the phone was stretched vertically or compressed horizontally, but comparing this to the dimensions of a Pixel Xl suggests that this should be fairly close.

48 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

It says 5.72 inch screen. 

I use the sony compact 0hines ar 4.7 inch screens. 

Hence, too big. 

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

Saw on MKBHD’s snapchat that he has a razer box. So probably the phone. 

Also 120hz is super nice on the new iPads, would be cool if it came to mobile. Only worry could be that Android may not have power management for that kind of thing. Unless razer goes all in and adds it 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

Updated OP with stream link and Product page URL

Insane! xD 

Intel i7 3770k@4.7GHz delidded NZXT Kraken x62 Asus P8Z77-V PRO/Thunderbolt | G.Skill Ripjaws Z 16GB (2x8GB) 2400Mhz | EVGA GTX 1070 FTW

Phanteks Eclipse P400 Tempered Glass | EVGA SuperNOVA 750W P2 | 840 evo 256gb + HyperX 3k 480gb + 2 HDD (2TB) Asus Essence STX + Sennheiser HD580

AOC G2460PG 144Hz 24" + Asus VH236H 23" | Razer Blackwidow Tournament Edition Stealth | Logitech G703

Windows 10 Pro

Pixelbook 2017 (i5, 8GB, 128GB)

Let's hope it costs less than 900€.

My Rig: | CPU: Core i5-4466 @ 3,32 GHz | Motherboard: Asus Z97 Pro Gamer | CPU Cooler: Corsair H75 | Case: NZXT S340 | GPU: nvidia GTX 780 | Pic: Click hear | PCPartPicker-URL: Click hear

On 10/31/2017 at 7:29 AM, The Benjamins said:

"Best thermal performance in a smartphone"

I'll wait for some reviews first, I mean this is Razer we are talking about (Even if Nextbit designed it, they plastered the Razer name on it and that can be bad luck :P )

Edited by Guest
Added "name"

Umm, this thing's more powerful than ALL of my computers. Really??!!

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

On 10/31/2017 at 8:29 AM, The Benjamins said:

Display: 5.72" 1440 x 2560

question is it actually this or is it reverse ? like 2560 by 1440p

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

I was kind of hoping it'd have the same aesthetic as the lid of Razer's laptops, I never liked the boxy look of the Robin.

It's an interesting phone, but I think it's a couple hundred dollars higher priced than it ought to be.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

now to return my XZ1C to get this, that is the question.

Intel i5-6600K@4.2GHz, 16GB Crucial DDR4-2133, Gigabyte Z170X-UD3, Be quiet shadow rock slim, Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ OC, Fractal design Integra M 550W, NZXT S340, Sandisk X110 128GB, WD black 750GB, Seagate momentus 160GB, HGST 160GB

At the ~43:00 minute mark they confirmed adaptive refresh

Edit: Ok, that was already added to the OP post

Edited by Guest

9 hours ago, michaelocarroll007 said:

Um excuse me there was that PSP Phone thingy lol Xperia Play maybe? idk im just messing around. 

Never heard of it, but I just looked it up, and yeah you're right.

2 hours ago, tjcater said:

I'll wait for some reviews first, I mean this is Razer we are talking about (Even if Nextbit designed it, they plastered the Razer name on it and that can be bad luck :P )

Here u go

-Didja (Josh)

6 minutes ago, Didja said:

Here u go

I meant in regards to thermals and an extensive review (Eg they had for a few weeks at least) but its shaping up to be pretty good. If this sells well and gets enough 3rd party support on xda then I'll definitely jump on it.

That is one hella ugly phone. Thick, ugly brick. Price isn't all that bad for the hardware I guess, but what even will ever matter that much from a 120 hz screen? coc or whatever new mediocre at best game is hot now looks a bit smoother?

Fanboys are the worst thing to happen to the tech community World. Chief among them are Apple fanboys. 

56 minutes ago, Ginger137 said:

That is one hella ugly phone. Thick, ugly brick. Price isn't all that bad for the hardware I guess, but what even will ever matter that much from a 120 hz screen? coc or whatever new mediocre at best game is hot now looks a bit smoother?

Ugh, don't be a bezel snob. This bezeless trend needs to die. They have to make so many compromises for that effect. The iPhone X is just horrible! There's nothing wrong with the Razer phone. It's fine. 

4 minutes ago, kokakolia said:

Ugh, don't be a bezel snob. This bezeless trend needs to die. They have to make so many compromises for that effect. The iPhone X is just horrible! There's nothing wrong with the Razer phone. It's fine. 

I never mentioned the bezels....

I do love phones with small bezels, that's why I have the s8. But I never mentioned them in my comment.. 

I said it was a brick, and I stand by that. It's thick, it's got a huge design to start with, and the ugly squared design of it does nothing to help it. Try shoving something squared off and big like that into your pockets, the only thing it'll do is tick you off that it catches on everything and pokes you. Now try it with something like an s8, iPhone, any other reputable handset manufacturer, there's a reason edges are rounded and the trend is slim and light.

Fanboys are the worst thing to happen to the tech community World. Chief among them are Apple fanboys.