Nintendo switch vs Ryzen 3 1200 gaming pc

AverageGamer2017

Which one should I get.

Nintendo switch Super Mario Odyssey bundle cost $379.99

Ryzen 3-1200 Gaming PC cost $429.99

Which game(s) do you want to play more? / What computer do you have now?

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Just now, AverageGamer2017 said:

Which one should I get.

What are the specs of the PC? Give a link to it if you can.

Personally, I would go for a gaming pc, since there are way too many games to play on a pc. That's just me though, some people out there are die hard fans of Nintendo products. If you're one of those guys--go for it!

"May your frame rates be high and your temperatures low"

I misread titles/posts way too often--correct me if I don't.

18 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

Which game(s) do you want to play more? / What computer do you have now?

Space Egnineers and I got a Laptop that came out in 2014

17 minutes ago, lilbman said:

What are the specs of the PC? Give a link to it if you can.

AMD RYZEN 3 1200 4-Core 3.1ghz

Gigabyte GA-A320M-DS2 AMD AM4 DDR4 Micro ATX Motherboard

Stock AMD Wraith Stealth Cooler

Case: ROSEWILL Micro ATX Mini Tower 

EVGA 450 BT, 80+ Bronze 450W Power Supply 100-BT-0450-K1

SSD: Kingfast SSD 2.5 Inch 120GB SATAIII Internal Solid State Drive 

2x4GB Patriot DDR4 2666 CL15 RAM

SAPPHIRE Radeon RX 460 DirectX 12 2GB 128-Bit GDDR5 

12 minutes ago, Jasun said:

Personally, I would go for a gaming pc, since there are way too many games to play on a pc. That's just me though, some people out there are die hard fans of Nintendo products. If you're one of those guys--go for it!

Im like a 16% Nintendo fan.44% PlayStation

21%PC Gamer and

19% Xbox Gamer

I would personaly get a switch but this really isn't a question we can answer

My life

3 minutes ago, AverageGamer2017 said:

Space Egnineers and I got a Laptop that came out in 2014

What laptop?

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

1 minute ago, Himommies said:

I would personaly get a switch but this really isn't a question we can answer

List reason Why should I and Im also a YouTuber

Just now, djdwosk97 said:

What laptop?

Dell Inspiron 15 3542 and Also Im a YouTuber

4 minutes ago, AverageGamer2017 said:

List reason Why should I and Im also a YouTuber

They both have their prps and cons 

My life

2 minutes ago, Himommies said:

They both have their prps and cons 

But which one will be better for My YouTube career

Just now, Himommies said:

probaly the PC

Thanks I will get the PC and wait to get The Nintendo switch on Black Friday or in December

6 minutes ago, AverageGamer2017 said:

But which one will be better for My YouTube career

4 minutes ago, Himommies said:

probaly the PC

It's probably worth pointing out that being able to render things faster isn't automatically going to help with your Youtube channel (although, if you stream, then better looking streams/recordings, could certainly help, although a 1200+460 isn't exactly ideal for that either).

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

I would go PC. It already has a vast selection of titles for hundreds of player tastes. I'd only go switch afterwards.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

48 minutes ago, AverageGamer2017 said:

Which one should I get.

Is that even a question? Of course pc! Much better grqphics and overall options with pc.

6 minutes ago, CyberFern0 said:

Is that even a question? Of course pc! Much better grqphics and overall options with pc.

Those better graphics and more options don't do you any good if your desire to play Switch-only games is far greater (not to mention that an RX460 isn't exactly a powerful gpu and it has to run less optimized content). 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

If your on such a tight budget then you'll struggle with the switch as games are pretty pricey, if you go with PC you can wait a few months after new games come out and usually get them much cheaper, (As long as the PC is capable of running the games) giving you way more games to play for your YouTube, its up to you though, 

My name on everything is mac300010 but I messed up making my account on here so mac30001 it is B|

Just now, djdwosk97 said:

Those better graphics and more options don't do you any good if your desire to play Switch-only games is far greater (not to mention that an RX460 isn't exactly a powerful gpu). 

If you are an absolutely die-hard Nintendo gamer, then you would get the Switch, I agree, but the RX460 is able to play most games at 1080p.

I love my switch, never touch my ps3 or xbox but my switch i play all the time and I only have 2 game for it lol.

but remebr switch games are $60 a game or you can get some like TBOI and some other one i saw for $30-$40 then they do have like one $15 game out but its shit

on poc games will be much cheaper on sales or using  GOG, G2A, humblebundle, greenmangaming etc 

If you want to argue with me, and you probably will please PM me, no need to ruin threads becase you dont like how I am.

Ask me how I made 100k selling illegal narcotics!

Spoiler

and you think im joking, Did a lot of wrong to get my money right.

I look up to Larry Hoover.

Your homies loyal 'til the one time you tell 'em no

I would say look at Nintendo's upcoming titles and see if you're interested. If you really want to play Mario, Splatoon, and down the line, stuff like Shin Megami Tensei or Pokemon, then go ahead with the Switch. Switch is a bit riskier when it comes to AAA games and third party support in general. It's looking pretty good so far, but a year, two years down the road, who knows how much support it's going to get. With PC, you can be almost certain that most of the big games are going to be coming to the PC.

That Ryzen 3 PC looks pretty nice though and has some pretty sensible upgrade paths. If I were to choose one or the other as my main gaming platform, I would go with the PC.

It really gets down to which games you want, the Switch has a decent selection of exclusives... though for consoles exclusives only Sony makes sense to go to in my opinion.

The PC in the long run as you can upgrade it here and there will give you room to play about any thing that is multi-platform and PC exclusive

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

I'm another one of the people that's going to suggest you get the one with more games you take interest in. I'm really wanting a Switch right now for the Mario games and Zelda, and LA Noire coming out on it has me intrigued as well.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

3 hours ago, AverageGamer2017 said:

Which one should I get.

I own both a gaming PC and the Switch so I'll give you my 2 cent.

I'd go with the gaming PC. There are many reasons and I'll try to list them.

Reasons to go with the PC:

1. You can do more than gaming with the PC.

2. Games (especially older) are significantly cheaper. I've been paying $80 (CAD) per title on the Switch vs $40-50 for PC. Even new release titles are about that much if you want to hunt for deals. (Recently bought Forza Horizon 3 for $50 and Dirt 4 for $40)

3. You are not locked to a controller. You have the option of mouse + keyboard or a cheap $20 xbox 360 controllers. Splatoon 2 on controller was extremely difficult.

4. Although Zelda + Mario Kart + Odyssey are really good, some of the best games ever made can be found on PC. Skyrim, Witcher 3, HL2, all Blizzard games, etc. 

5. Esports titles like PUBG, Overwatch, LoL, Dota, will never exist properly on consoles. Yes PUBG is coming to Xbox, but all tournament plays will be PC and always PC.

6. MMORPGs will probably never exist (properly) on consoles, unless it's like a 2D Pokemon MMO game. (plz Nintendo)

7. More games are available for PC, and always ever will be

8. Never Obsolete! Look at the Wii U. After the Switch release, the Wii U is pretty much obsolete, This will happen to the Switch years from now. PC will be upgradable and when it becomes "obsolete", you can use it as a secondary PC for just browser/file manage/TV PC or give to a family member.

9. Switch has expensive accessories.  I had to pay $100 (CAD) for a second pair of Joycon + $30 for a Joycon charging kit + $15 for the Joycon grip. I will likely also buy a third-party mobile dock later on which will be another $60. 

Reasons to go with the Switch:

1. Portability. If you want to play on the go, it's not even a question. Buy the switch. 

2. You really want to play first party Nintendo games like BoTW, Odyssey, or Mario Kart.

3. If you don't need accessories for the Switch, the physical game console will be cheaper than PC overall. With PC, you will need to consider things like gaming mouse/kb, headset, and upgrades later on like SSDs, RGB!!!, monitor, webcam, etc. But generally the PC accessories will be offset later-on by the lower cost of games.

4. Buy physical copies to resell/trade. This can offset some of the cost of the game.

5. Don't want to sound crude, but a PC for about $400 is gonna be kinda crappy. You may not have the best experience with it. Console will be a better experience since gaming is the only thing it can do.

This is like asking if you need a new shirt or a pizza..the two are completely different. The only thing they have in common is they can both game. Either you *need* a new PC or don't.