Nintendo switch vs Ryzen 3 1200 gaming pc

AverageGamer2017

Go for switch. Not only you'll get a sweet portable machine, but also all of them crazy (gameplay wise) games. If you don't plan buying a baller setup, you'll get a subpar experience.

Build Ryzen 3 PC now.

And get the "Switch: Slim Edition" for $299 in a year or two.

PC Build: R5-1600.  Scythe Mugen 5.  GTX 1060.  120 GB SSD.  1 TB HDD.  FDD Mini C.  8 GB RAM (3000 MHz).  Be Quiet Pure Wings 2.  Capstone-550.  Deepcool 350 RGB.

Peripherals: Qisan Magicforce (80%) w/ Gateron Blues.  Razer Naga Chroma.  Lenovo 24" 1440p IPS.  PS4 Controller.

Audio: Focusrite (Solo, 2nd), SM57, Triton Fethead, AKG c214, Sennheiser HD598's, ATH-M50x, AKG K240, Novation Launchkey

Wishlist: MP S-87, iPad, Yamaha HS5's, more storage

It depends what you want from you gaming platform if want portability and don't mind the lack of games go for the switch. If want performance and a wider range of games then go for the pc

On 29/10/2017 at 10:11 PM, centurion_08 said:

Go for switch. Not only you'll get a sweet portable machine, but also all of them crazy (gameplay wise) games. If you don't plan buying a baller setup, you'll get a subpar experience.

You don't need an amazing pc get a great experience. Specs aren't everything you should know this the switch is a great example of this

On 29/10/2017 at 10:13 AM, AverageGamer2017 said:

But which one will be better for My YouTube career

If want to make YouTube videos then get a PC youd have to use a capture card with the switch

On 10/28/2017 at 8:52 PM, tmcclelland455 said:

I'm another one of the people that's going to suggest you get the one with more games you take interest in. I'm really wanting a Switch right now for the Mario games and Zelda, and LA Noire coming out on it has me intrigued as well.

Didn't you have a Xeon E3-1231v3? If so, BOTW is very playable on the Cemu emulator with that cpu. 

43 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

Didn't you have a Xeon E3-1231v3? If so, BOTW is very playable on the Cemu emulator with that cpu. 

Nope. Always balled on the G3258, though I was really hoping to get a 1231 V2? for a while. Now my focus is a new GPU and a 4790 non-K since those are dirt cheap, since I don't see myself wanting to save for a whole new PC just yet.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

On 10/28/2017 at 5:40 PM, AverageGamer2017 said:

Which one should I get.

Nintendo switch Super Mario Odyssey bundle cost $379.99

Ryzen 3-1200 Gaming PC cost $429.99

If you're into PC games like PUBG, Overwatch, Arma, LOL, CS:GO, etc then PC obviously. If you're into AAA gaming you should go console though. If you don't have a PS4 that's what I would recommend since

(1) 2017 has had some amazing releases like NieR Automata (also on PC, but might be a pain in the ass to run with an RX 460), Horizon Zero Dawn, Persona 5, Yakuza 0, Nioh, and Uncharted Lost Legacy.

(2) 2018 looks pretty great too with Red Dead Redemption (will also come out on XBOne), God of War, Days Gone, Dragons Crown, Shadow of the Colossus remake, and Detroit Become Human, and hopefully Kingdom Hearts 3 also (that will also be on XBOne).

(3) There are some places that will be selling PS4 Slim 1TB for $190 on Black Friday. Of the top of my head the only one I can remember is Costco, but I could swear there are a couple more. And Kohl's and Dell will both have PS4 Slim 1TB for $200.

If you have PS4 already or are dying for a Switch I wouldn't get the Mario Odyssey bundle unless you absolutely have to have the red joycons and/or the Mario Odyssey carrying case. Mainly because it comes with a digital copy of the game and costs $20 more than buying a regular Switch and a physical copy of Super Mario Odyssey. You could put that $20 saved towards a flash card for your Switch.

I can't stomach the thought of building a budget PC right now though when gpus are ridiculous and RAM is so costly. Used to be for $550 or so you could build a really strong 1080p gaming system with an i5 and an RX 470, and if you could recycle a hard drive, case, and power supply you could do it for just over $450 and have something that just beat the living hell out of any of the consoles. But those glory days are over for a while now,

6 minutes ago, tmcclelland455 said:

Nope. Always balled on the G3258, though I was really hoping to get a 1231 V2? for a while. Now my focus is a new GPU and a 4790 non-K since those are dirt cheap, since I don't see myself wanting to save for a whole new PC just yet.

The Xeon E3-1230v2 is Ivy Bridge, so you'd need a new board. The 12XXv3 are the Haswell chips. What is a 4790 going for nowadays? If you get that cpu you can play Cemu really well in a lot of games (BOTW, Wind Waker, Super Mario 3D World, Super Mario Kart 8) as well as some RPCS3 games: Catherine, Dragon's Crown, Odin Sphere Leifthrasir, and Okami all work great on my E3-1231v3, and a 4790 is pretty much the same chip plus 200 MHz and an igpu. I haven't had much luck with Demon's Souls while others say it runs great even upscaled to 4k, but I haven't bothered with it too much since I have a physical copy of the game on my real PS3.

8 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

The Xeon E3-1230v2 is Ivy Bridge, so you'd need a new board. The 12XXv3 are the Haswell chips. What is a 4790 going for nowadays? If you get that cpu you can play Cemu really well in a lot of games (BOTW, Wind Waker, Super Mario 3D World, Super Mario Kart 8) as well as some RPCS3 games: Catherine, Dragon's Crown, Odin Sphere Leifthrasir, and Okami all work great on my E3-1231v3, and a 4790 is pretty much the same chip plus 200 MHz and an igpu. I haven't had much luck with Demon's Souls while others say it runs great even upscaled to 4k, but I haven't bothered with it too much since I have a physical copy of the game on my real PS3.

Right, yeah woulda been a V3 then I had my eyes on then. Lately I've been seeing 4790's go for a cool 200-230 or so on eBay, which is a lot less than they were a year or so ago. I imagine on hws there would be better deals, but I'm never on there enough to come across one (not that I have the money for it anyways).

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Recommend the PC due to these points:

• More Games
  • Upgradeable and more future proof
  • Powerfull work machine if you ever need a backup or secondary
  • Looks cooler
  • Cheaper games(steam sale)

On the switch side of things, the only incentive would be Zelda and Mario as well as the ability to relive any nintendo nostalgia

On 10/28/2017 at 8:50 PM, Mooshi said:

This is like asking if you need a new shirt or a pizza..the two are completely different. The only thing they have in common is they can both game. Either you *need* a new PC or don't.

its more like, dominoes or little caesers

one is clearly better, but sometimes you just really want dominoes

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

9 hours ago, ArchGamer said:

Recommend the PC due to these points:

• More Games
  • Upgradeable and more future proof
  • Powerfull work machine if you ever need a backup or secondary
  • Looks cooler
  • Cheaper games(steam sale)

On the switch side of things, the only incentive would be Zelda and Mario as well as the ability to relive any nintendo nostalgia

Reasons to get the Switch:

Portability (probably biggest reason)

The actual quality of the games (as typically the first-party games released by nintendo are some of the best)

Franchises of Nintendo (if that's what floats your boat and as you mentioned)

Splitscreen, meaning you only need one device for two players to play together (if the game allows it, such as mario kart)

It just depends which one has the pros OP wants. 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

On 29/10/2017 at 7:01 AM, AverageGamer2017 said:

Im like a 16% Nintendo fan.

44% PlayStation

21%PC Gamer and

19% Xbox Gamer

If that's the case then I can only assume you have either a PS4 or an XBOne. In which case unless you need a PC for other reasons the Switch is going to offer you more than a gaming PC in terms of gaming. Because at the end of the day hardware is hardware, there's nothing magical about one platform over the other. For the amount you are wanting to spend on your new PC you're not going to be getting much better than what a PS4 or XBOne can offer anyways.

So go with the Switch because it'll offer something that you don't already have. It's portable and it has games you can't get elsewhere.

On 30/10/2017 at 2:43 AM, minervx said:

Build Ryzen 3 PC now. And get the "Switch: Slim Edition" for $299 in a year or two.

But isn't all tech is like this? There's always something better value and/or better spec a couple of years down the road. If anything by this logic it's probably better to get the Switch first because there'll definitely be better PC components in a couple of years. No guarantees Nintendo will drop the price

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

^ well mainly because Switch is a new type of tech.  like when the first ipad came out, it was very basic, but since it was a new concept it sold.  

the switch has a lot to be improved on when it comes to battery life, screen resolution, brightness, overall portability and build materials, but at the moment, we're just impressed that a portable console can game like a Wii U.  id still wait

PC Build: R5-1600.  Scythe Mugen 5.  GTX 1060.  120 GB SSD.  1 TB HDD.  FDD Mini C.  8 GB RAM (3000 MHz).  Be Quiet Pure Wings 2.  Capstone-550.  Deepcool 350 RGB.

Peripherals: Qisan Magicforce (80%) w/ Gateron Blues.  Razer Naga Chroma.  Lenovo 24" 1440p IPS.  PS4 Controller.

Audio: Focusrite (Solo, 2nd), SM57, Triton Fethead, AKG c214, Sennheiser HD598's, ATH-M50x, AKG K240, Novation Launchkey

Wishlist: MP S-87, iPad, Yamaha HS5's, more storage

On 10/28/2017 at 11:40 PM, AverageGamer2017 said:

Which one should I get.

Nintendo switch Super Mario Odyssey bundle cost $379.99

Ryzen 3-1200 Gaming PC cost $429.99

Dont buy a budget gaming PC. 

There are 2 things you never do as a gamer: 

1. Preordering stuff 

2. buying dirt cheap pc parts. 

Does that PC is second hand i believe? 

On your place i would save up some more money for the pc or just buy a newer console, because rx 460 is a real shait and you will not pull out the performance out of it, especially with OBS playing in the background. 

Unless you are playing minecraft only, but thats quite a money just to play one game. 

If you can buy 1050 ti, with Ryzen 1200, this will be great combination my friend. If you must, i think is better to wait.

Pc is Pc, after you can buy a switch, when price drop.