What’s up with Luke?

E_Marks_1

Can someone from LMG please say what’s going on with @Slick ?

He has barely appeared in any videos in the last few months and has been absent from WAN show up until this week. Linus recently also made a comment about removing him from the LMG staff page. I know he has been working on floatplane stuff but we habent really got a good explanation about WTF is going on.

Luke is working on FloatPlane ... that is pretty much all that can be said for now.

Details and such will be announced in due time when Linus is ready to make that news public.

Sorry, I know you want more.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

6 hours ago, E_Marks_1 said:

Can someone from LMG please say what’s going on with @Slick ?

He has barely appeared in any videos in the last few months and has been absent from WAN show up until this week. Linus recently also made a comment about removing him from the LMG staff page. I know he has been working on floatplane stuff but we habent really got a good explanation about WTF is going on.

This exact question pops up every now and then. If you pay close attention to the videos on LTT, (WAN Show is usually the best source of info), you get a really good picture of what's going on.

Luke is basically running Floatplane Club. They have a separate office, and a full staff. He occasionally still appears in videos, but FPC keeps him very busy.

There's not much more to it then that. One FPC exits Beta (could be months or years), he'll probably appear in more videos.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

6 hours ago, SansVarnic said:

Luke is working on FloatPlane ... that is pretty much all that can be said for now.

Details and such will be announced in due time when Linus is ready to make that news public.

Sorry, I know you want more.

So judging by the last WAN show, Luke is leaving LMG, I know you can't answer that so don't

12 minutes ago, ahmedhara said:

So judging by the last WAN show, Luke is leaving LMG, I know you can't answer that so don't

If I were to guess (not having seen the latest WAN show), I would assume that LMG is spinning off FPC as a separate corporate entity - probably owned by the same people who own LMG (Which is, if I recall correctly, Linus, Luke, and Ed as the primary - if not, exclusive - shareholders).

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Flostplane Media is going to be a separate company with Luke as the Chief Operating Officer. 

That transition is currently in progress. He has a space in the existing LMG office out of convenience because leasing something for them elsewhere would be an expensive hassle and we have the room for now. 

But the intention is definitely to have FPM separate from LMG sooner rather than later. 

I don't think Luke intends to abandon WAN  show anytime soon, but most of the daily content has been off his plate for months now. 

I have no comment on the share structure of either company. 

26 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

This exact question pops up every now and then. If you pay close attention to the videos on LTT, (WAN Show is usually the best source of info), you get a really good picture of what's going on.

Luke is basically running Floatplane Club. They have a separate office, and a full staff. He occasionally still appears in videos, but FPC keeps him very busy.

There's not much more to it then that. One FPC exits Beta (could be months or years), he'll probably appear in more videos.

Dare I remind you that it's not Float Plane Club anymore, it's just float plane, so that suggests to a change. And Linus and Luke we're like two girlfriends that are about to move away from eachother (stop sharing the same bed). So either is something like floatplane becoming a non LTT exclusive company (which would make sense since it is gonna get more expensive than $3/month). So that is most likely what's going to happen with Luke , no one knows, maybe the WAN show won't exist anymore, because what's the point of watching it if Luke isn't in there. Aaaaaaaand, on the last wan show, Luke was more quite than usual.

In conclusion although you should take it with a grain of salt, Floatplane will probably get bigger (maybe even expand onto other Youtube channels)

I do know what I wrote is messy, but do bare in mind that I am currently watching south park

3 minutes ago, LinusTech said:

Flostplane Media is going to be a separate company with Luke as the Chief Operating Officer. 

That transition is currently in progress. He has a space in the existing LMG office out of convenience because leasing something for them elsewhere would be an expensive hassle and we have the room for now. 

But the intention is definitely to have FPM separate from LMG sooner rather than later. 

I don't think Luke intends to abandon WAN  show anytime soon, but most of the daily content has been off his plate for months now. 

WHY DID YOU POST THIS? I was just done writing the same thing. Now it looks like I copied everything from you! Come on

Luke = Canada's next prime minister.

|EVGA 850 P2| |1440p PG279Q| |X570 Aorus Extreme| |Ryzen 9 3950x WC| |FE 2080Ti WC|TridentZ Neo 64GB| |Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB x3

|Logitech G900|K70 Cherry MX Speed|  |Logitech Z906 |  |HD650|  |CaseLabs SMA8 (one of the last ones made)

12 minutes ago, LinusTech said:

Get REKT lol

Btw, one question, where's Canadia?

2 minutes ago, ahmedhara said:

North of USA

Just now, 3NMa said:

North of USA

No no no, that's Canada, I'm asking about Canadia

image.png.df992861930c6b7d4bc7a2e186097942.png

8 minutes ago, ahmedhara said:

No no no, that's Canada, I'm asking about Canadia

image.png.df992861930c6b7d4bc7a2e186097942.png

AAH. Thought it was spelling errors. Canadia I really don't know, Is it an ancient town on the bottom of the ocean? You'll have to find out, and I sure would appreciate if you told me when u find out!!

1 hour ago, Foxxer said:

Luke = Canada's next prime minister.

I mean... we could do worse.

19 hours ago, LinusTech said:

Thanks Linus!

On 10/7/2017 at 9:49 PM, 3NMa said:

AAH. Thought it was spelling errors. Canadia I really don't know, Is it an ancient town on the bottom of the ocean? You'll have to find out, and I sure would appreciate if you told me when u find out!!

It's basically slang for Canada. I too thought it was something cool like an ancient city with a $H!T TON of cool mysteries.

I'm feeling disappointed now, I thought Linus, who drops expensive tech for a living, would come up with something better xD

(because there are people that were gonna yell at me for saying he drops tech for a living, that's a joke, so cool down)

On 10/8/2017 at 12:26 AM, LinusTech said:

Oh boy , i'm so excited for the Floastplane . 

li-bc-111105-plane-sinking.jpg

Details separate people.

On 10/7/2017 at 12:49 PM, 3NMa said:

It's a lighthearted jab at Canada for not being very well known or important. 

Everyone knows Americans are from America. 

So Canadians should be from Canadia then, right? 

On 10/7/2017 at 2:33 PM, ahmedhara said:

It's a funny way of saying Canada.

Ca nay de ah

If you want to argue with me, and you probably will please PM me, no need to ruin threads becase you dont like how I am.

Ask me how I made 100k selling illegal narcotics!

Spoiler

and you think im joking, Did a lot of wrong to get my money right.

I look up to Larry Hoover.

Your homies loyal 'til the one time you tell 'em no

10 minutes ago, LinusTech said:

This is why you make the big bucks

Main Gaming PC - i9 10850k @ 5GHz - EVGA XC Ultra 2080ti with Heatkiller 4 - Asrock Z490 Taichi - Corsair H115i - 32GB GSkill Ripjaws V 3600 CL16 OC'd to 3733 - HX850i - Samsung NVME 256GB SSD - Samsung 3.2TB PCIe 8x Enterprise NVMe - Toshiba 3TB 7200RPM HD - Lian Li Air

Proxmox Server - i7 8700k @ 4.5Ghz - 32GB EVGA 3000 CL15 OC'd to 3200 - Asus Strix Z370-E Gaming - Oracle F80 800GB Enterprise SSD, LSI SAS running 3 4TB and 2 6TB (Both Raid Z0), Samsung 840Pro 120GB - Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Super Server - i9 7980Xe @ 4.5GHz - 64GB 3200MHz Cl16 - Asrock X299 Professional - Nvidia Telsa K20 -Sandisk 512GB Enterprise SATA SSD, 128GB Seagate SATA SSD, 1.5TB WD Green (Over 9 years of power on time) - Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2

Laptop - 2019 Macbook Pro 16" - i7 - 16GB - 512GB - 5500M 8GB - Thermal Pads and Graphite Tape modded

Smart Phones - iPhone X - 64GB, AT&T, iOS 13.3 iPhone 6 : 16gb, AT&T, iOS 12 iPhone 4 : 16gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 7.1.1 Jailbroken. iPhone 3G : 8gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 4.2.1 Jailbroken.

28 minutes ago, LinusTech said:

I honestly thought this was a common tongue in cheek joke. Because as an Australian I've used that particular wording quite a lot over the years.

Case: Ncase M1 V5 Black CPU: Intel Core i5 12600 MB: AORUS Z690i RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 SSD: WD SN770 500GB | WD SN750 250GB

Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65 GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra 8GB PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum Fans: Noctua NF-F12x 2 | Noctua NF-A9x14

Don't quote me as I have No official information on this but if I had to guess on a company structuring;

LMG is a Group Company hence the naming. Each YouTube channel is separate but controlled by it's Parent LMG. Just so happens to be all in-house for now.

LinusTechTips

/  LinusTechTips Forum

Linus Media Group (   TechQuickie

\  ChannelSuperFun

FloatPlane

A decent example of this is Google, its parent company is Alphabet., there are many companies like this to use as an example.

If FloatPlane is spinning off as its own entity entirely well then obviously my little diagram above has zero relevance... lol

When Linus and Luke are ready they will announce it to the world.

Expect plenty of Teasers until then :D 

I am not saying this as a Mod or anything just personal thoughts on the situation ....  <----- Disclaimer!!

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

29 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

Don't quote me as I have No official information on this but if I had to guess on a company structuring;

LMG is a Group Company hence the naming. Each YouTube channel is separate but controlled by it's Parent LMG. Just so happens to be all in-house for now.

LinusTechTips

/  LinusTechTips Forum

Linus Media Group (   TechQuickie

\  ChannelSuperFun

FloatPlane

A decent example of this is Google, its parent company is Alphabet., there are many companies like this to use as an example.

If FloatPlane is spinning off as its own entity entirely well then obviously my little diagram above has zero relevance... lol

When Linus and Luke are ready they will announce it to the world.

Expect plenty of Teasers until then :D 

I am not saying this as a Mod or anything just personal thoughts on the situation ....  <----- Disclaimer!!

makes sense, and if the above is correct I'm sure they'll stay under LMG just won't actively identify with it. good post :) 

That said, makes me sad luke did some really good content, I might have to go to Floatplane (Even though I have no idea what they do) to enjoy some videos again, sadly LTT has gotten way to click bait with Meh content for me personally. 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333