Amazon angry rant

So, I'm finished with Amazon.  I will no longer do any business with them.

First off, last year I signed up for a free 30 day trial of Prime.  Afterwards I intended to do a monthly subscription while I determined if it was worth it.  Without any warning and without contacting me, they charged me for an entire years subscription up front.  That made me upset, but I dealt with it.

Then I bought the first two seasons of Last Man Standing from Amazon video, only to find out afterwards that there was no way to download my purchases to view them offline.  They only offered streaming.  I could understand that for Prime videos that were available for free to Prime users, but to lock out paying customers from their purchases in this manner was too much.  I requested a refund of the difference on my Prime membership (I was willing to pay for the two months I had used Prime, so long as I could get the balance back), they refused.  I had ordered a few items and took advantage of the Prime shipping option, so they wouldn't refund me any part of my membership fee.  That was nearly the last straw.

Now, they've broken the camel's back.  I canceled my subscription just prior to the final day, since I wasn't sure if canceling would end my subscription right then, and I wanted to go ahead and use what I paid for until the end.  Despite having canceled (and not even having a valid payment method available for Prime renewal, according to their warnings), they STILL had the unmitigated gall to charge me for another year of Prime.  Now I have to wait 1-2 weeks to get refunded because these bozos couldn't get their system to recognize my cancellation.

Amazon, we are through.  It's not me, it's most definitely YOU.

So, anyone else feel the same about Amazon?

Amazon is the most understanding company. I've gotten items refunded with no proof they were broken 3 times (Evey times I've asked)

If you had that billing error if you emailed them they would of refunded it and got you set up on $10 monthly payments. But you'd have to do it right as you saw the error. If you even wait one week then they have the right to not refund you.

Next time looking into the service you are using and don't assume anything. That why you don't pick the wrong one. (You can always use like OBS to record a purchased show and use the recording for offline play. Just don't sell it or let others view it)

You can cancel your own Amazon prime sub in the setting of Amazon. So ifmyou did that you would not have been charged. It's an automatic system so even if your 1 second too late it will auto renew it.

Don't use Amazon that is fine. Just it hurts you more having to go to the store or not being able to biy some products that Amazon sells and you can't get local. I guess there is eBay tho.

Amazon makes so much money you not buying from them will do nothing. 

Im am just going to state. I don't think you did everything you could to fix the errors. If you did it on time and respectfully Amazon will have no problem correcting the errors. 

I mean Amazon refunding me $400 for a cellphone all I said was the charger port stopped working. And they refund my money in 3 days didn't have to send it back or send proof. I even got the phone working again but I since donated it to salvation army.

If you want to argue with me, and you probably will please PM me, no need to ruin threads becase you dont like how I am.

Ask me how I made 100k selling illegal narcotics!

Spoiler

and you think im joking, Did a lot of wrong to get my money right.

I look up to Larry Hoover.

Your homies loyal 'til the one time you tell 'em no

When you sign up for 30 free days it tells you it'll renew automatically if you don't cancel it first.  Next time read the agreement before you press 'ok'.

I signed up for three free months of audible and it had the same terms.  I'll have to cancel before the 90 days or I'll be paying.

Never had an issue, other than every now and then when I order a CD, they wont give me the MP3 for free, even if it's advertised, though, I quickly get onto customer service (If I can be arsed) and have it sorted in a matter of minutes. And if I accidentally delete the MP3 from their cloud service, they will quickly give me it back so I can download it onto more devices usually without even checking to see if I have even made a purchase of the MP3 or the CD/Vinyl with free MP3 to begin with. 

Even their second hand market, I've had no issues with. It's my go to stop for pretty much everything but the most obscure of items. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

It was the best investment for me in awhile I was spending stupid money on shipping on many of my online purchases shit I even get things sooner than advertised!

My daily driver: The Wrath of Red: OS Windows 10 home edition / CPU Ryzen TR4 1950x 3.85GHz / Cooler Master MasterAir MA621P Twin-Tower RGB CPU Air Cooler / PSU Thermaltake Toughpower 750watt / ASRock x399 Taichi / Gskill Flare X 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz / HP 10GB Single Port Mellanox Connectx-2 PCI-E 10GBe NIC / Samsung 512GB 970 pro M.2 / ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 STRIX 8GB / Acer - H236HLbid 23.0" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor x3

My technology Rig: The wizard: OS Windows 10 home edition / CPU Ryzen R7 1800x 3.95MHz / Corsair H110i / PSU Thermaltake Toughpower 750watt / ASUS CH 6 / Gskill Flare X 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz / HP 10GB Single Port Mellanox Connectx-2 PCI-E 10GBe NIC / 512GB 960 pro M.2 / ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 STRIX 8GB / Acer - H236HLbid 23.0" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor HP Monitor

My I don't use RigOS Windows 10 home edition / CPU Ryzen 1600x 3.85GHz / Cooler Master MasterAir MA620P Twin-Tower RGB CPU Air Cooler / PSU Thermaltake Toughpower 750watt / MSI x370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Gskill Flare X 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz / Samsung PM961 256GB M.2 PCIe Internal SSDEVGA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti SSC GAMING / Acer - H236HLbid 23.0" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor

My NAS: The storage miser: OS unRAID v. 6.9.0-beta25 / CPU Intel i7 6700 / Cooler Master MasterWatt Lite 500 Watt 80 Plus / ASUS Maximus viii Hero / 32GB Gskill RipJaw DDR4 3200Mhz / HP Mellanox ConnectX-2 10 GbE PCI-e G2 Dual SFP+ Ported Ethernet HCA NIC / 9 Drives total 29TB - 1 4TB seagate parity - 7 4TB WD Red data - 1 1TB laptop drive data - and 2 240GB Sandisk SSD's cache / Headless

Why did I buy this server: OS unRAID v. 6.9.0-beta25 / Dell R710 enterprise server with dual xeon E5530 / 48GB ecc ddr3 / Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA w/ LSI 9211-8i P20 IT / 4 450GB sas drives / headless

Just another server: OS Proxmox VE / Dell poweredge R410

22 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

When you sign up for 30 free days it tells you it'll renew automatically if you don't cancel it first.  Next time read the agreement before you press 'ok'.

I signed up for three free months of audible and it had the same terms.  I'll have to cancel before the 90 days or I'll be paying.

amazonprim.PNG.ff2836a14dda25b4e2db61ec1e96b11a.PNG

they don't exactly hide it either 

Personal build >  New-ish AMD main gaming setup           

PLEASE QUOTE OR @ ME FOR A RESPONSE xD 

16 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

Fun fact: Sign up for Prime as a student and Amazon never asks if you graduated.  I graduated over three years ago and still pay half price for prime.

Shh!

My daily driver: The Wrath of Red: OS Windows 10 home edition / CPU Ryzen TR4 1950x 3.85GHz / Cooler Master MasterAir MA621P Twin-Tower RGB CPU Air Cooler / PSU Thermaltake Toughpower 750watt / ASRock x399 Taichi / Gskill Flare X 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz / HP 10GB Single Port Mellanox Connectx-2 PCI-E 10GBe NIC / Samsung 512GB 970 pro M.2 / ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 STRIX 8GB / Acer - H236HLbid 23.0" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor x3

My technology Rig: The wizard: OS Windows 10 home edition / CPU Ryzen R7 1800x 3.95MHz / Corsair H110i / PSU Thermaltake Toughpower 750watt / ASUS CH 6 / Gskill Flare X 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz / HP 10GB Single Port Mellanox Connectx-2 PCI-E 10GBe NIC / 512GB 960 pro M.2 / ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 STRIX 8GB / Acer - H236HLbid 23.0" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor HP Monitor

My I don't use RigOS Windows 10 home edition / CPU Ryzen 1600x 3.85GHz / Cooler Master MasterAir MA620P Twin-Tower RGB CPU Air Cooler / PSU Thermaltake Toughpower 750watt / MSI x370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Gskill Flare X 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz / Samsung PM961 256GB M.2 PCIe Internal SSDEVGA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti SSC GAMING / Acer - H236HLbid 23.0" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor

My NAS: The storage miser: OS unRAID v. 6.9.0-beta25 / CPU Intel i7 6700 / Cooler Master MasterWatt Lite 500 Watt 80 Plus / ASUS Maximus viii Hero / 32GB Gskill RipJaw DDR4 3200Mhz / HP Mellanox ConnectX-2 10 GbE PCI-e G2 Dual SFP+ Ported Ethernet HCA NIC / 9 Drives total 29TB - 1 4TB seagate parity - 7 4TB WD Red data - 1 1TB laptop drive data - and 2 240GB Sandisk SSD's cache / Headless

Why did I buy this server: OS unRAID v. 6.9.0-beta25 / Dell R710 enterprise server with dual xeon E5530 / 48GB ecc ddr3 / Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA w/ LSI 9211-8i P20 IT / 4 450GB sas drives / headless

Just another server: OS Proxmox VE / Dell poweredge R410

22 minutes ago, Megah3rtz said:

Wait wat? $79CAD per year for prime? its something like £79 per year here I'm pretty sure :/ 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

2 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Wait wat? $79CAD per year for prime? its something like £79 per year here I'm pretty sure :/ 

Ow.PNG.d006c4e2b2ae425e816aa3afb33f31a7.PNG

Ow. 

Personal build >  New-ish AMD main gaming setup           

PLEASE QUOTE OR @ ME FOR A RESPONSE xD 

Just now, Megah3rtz said:

Ow.PNG.d006c4e2b2ae425e816aa3afb33f31a7.PNG

Ow. 

Its also $99US I'm pretty sure...how is it SO CHEAP FOR YOU GUYS? 

5 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Don't you know that universal exchange rate is 1:1 for EUR, USD and GBP? Because reasons.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

49 minutes ago, Jito463 said:

So, anyone else feel the same about Amazon?

I am in the beginning of a conflict with Amazon:

I recently changed my banking account and deleted my old information from the Amazon page. Still, Amazon refunded me 40 € to my old bank account, which I used to buy this product. Now Amazon claims that the money never returned to them from my old bank. It must have been returned, because my old bank account didn't exist at this time anymore. 

My next step is to write an email to Amazon because I want it in written form to which bank they transferred. I will check with my old bank to see what happened with my money. I will then contact Amazons complaint department the last time to give them a chance to solve the problem. The last step is going to court as I am certain that I will win because I have everything documented at this point.

3 minutes ago, Teddy07 said:

The last step is going to court as I am certain that I will win because I have everything documented at this point.

Court for 40 euro?

I used to be quite active here.

1 hour ago, Jito463 said:

First off, last year I signed up for a free 30 day trial of Prime.  Afterwards I intended to do a monthly subscription while I determined if it was worth it.  Without any warning and without contacting me, they charged me for an entire years subscription up front.  That made me upset, but I dealt with it.

That's how almost every trial works for subscription services.  And you agreed to it.   You also shouldn't have assumed that they'd let you download a local copy of something you bought from a streaming company.  You should also be aware that Prime doesn't come as monthly payments.  You could have (and should have) cancelled before the last second.

You're blaming your mistakes on them.

7 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Its also $99US I'm pretty sure...how is it SO CHEAP FOR YOU GUYS? 

Capitalism baby. B|

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

1 minute ago, Kobathor said:

Court for 40 euro?

Yes because the losing party has to pay for all the court fees and your lawyer too. Do you think I let them get away with scamming me?

Just now, Teddy07 said:

Yes because the losing party has to pay for all the court fees and your lawyer too.

Your time is worth more than 40 euro I am sure.

I used to be quite active here.

2 minutes ago, Teddy07 said:

I am in the beginning of a conflict with Amazon:

I recently changed my banking account and deleted my old information from the Amazon page. Still, Amazon refunded me 40 € to my old bank account, which I used to buy this product. Now Amazon claims that the money never returned to them from my old bank. It must have been returned, because my old bank account didn't exist at this time anymore. 

My next step is to write an email to Amazon because I want it in written form to which bank they transferred. I will check with my old bank to see what happened with my money. I will then contact Amazons complaint department the last time to give them a chance to solve the problem. The last step is going to court as I am certain that I will win because I have everything documented at this point.

Definitely contact the bank. Just to be sure if it wasn't registered as a blank account and that the bank didn't really took the money. 

Also going to court for 40 euros will prove as an even bigger financial loss for you. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

38 minutes ago, Megah3rtz said:

amazonprim.PNG.ff2836a14dda25b4e2db61ec1e96b11a.PNG

A good tip is to cancel the next day after you start a trial. You'll still get the trial and won't get charged. I know some places cancel the trial if you do it right after or before 24 hours. 

If you want to argue with me, and you probably will please PM me, no need to ruin threads becase you dont like how I am.

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, Clockwork_princess said:

A good tip is to cancel the next day after you start a trial. You'll still get the trial and won't get charged. I know some places cancel the trial if you do it right after or before 24 hours. 

*straight away 

edit: Ignore, only read the first sentence xD 

42 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

Fun fact: Sign up for Prime as a student and Amazon never asks if you graduated.  I graduated over three years ago and still pay half price for prime.

After four years from when you signed up they'll tell you that your student pricing is expiring and that your next charge will be at the non-student rate. And then you can reverify, but that only lasts a year.

6 minutes ago, Clockwork_princess said:

I've ran into a few subscriptions that cancel your access the moment you cancel. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

1 hour ago, AshleyAshes said:

I was fine with paying, I wasn't fine with paying for a full year.  The introduction page at that time mentioned monthly and annual pricing.  Nowhere did it give me the option of choosing which, and I was never contacted before the trial period ended.  However, that was only the beginning of the saga.

1 hour ago, Clockwork_princess said:

Next time looking into the service you are using and don't assume anything. That why you don't pick the wrong one. (You can always use like OBS to record a purchased show and use the recording for offline play. Just don't sell it or let others view it)

I refuse to use third party solutions to a problem that shouldn't exist in the first place.

6 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

You also shouldn't have assumed that they'd let you download a local copy of something you bought from a streaming company.

Their service mentions downloading to supported devices.  Turns out, a Windows PC isn't considered a supported device by Amazon.  There's currently a 46 page (and growing) topic on Amazons "Customer discussions" forum.  I'm not the only one ticked off at Amazon about this.

10 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

Also going to court for 40 euros will prove as an even bigger financial loss for you. 

I just quote myself here:

12 minutes ago, Teddy07 said:

Yes because the losing party has to pay for all the court fees and your lawyer too. Do you think I let them get away with scamming me?

11 minutes ago, Kobathor said:

Your time is worth more than 40 euro I am sure.

I am a student so 40 € is worth a bit more to me. I also got plenty of time. btw. you seem to have a strange attitude if you think it is ok not to fight back against companies that try to scam you.

4 minutes ago, Jito463 said:

I to a problem that shouldn't exist in the first place.

Well that's your problem. Then keep complaining while we enjoy the good things. 

Can't fix ignorance

Spoiler